• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

shoo it outside or squish it?

what do you do if you find an insect in the house?

• Total voters

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate killing anything, so I tend to take them outside. It's quite troublesome with spiders because I'm afraid of them, but I do it anyway.
I do tend to kill mosquitoes that interrupt my sleep, but that's more of a reflex than anything. But it's quite rare because I don't give them much of an opportunity to get indoors anyway.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It really depends on what kind of bug it is. If it's something like a black widow or some other kind of dangerous bug, I kill it. I kill roaches and pests too. If it's something else like a moth then I shoo it outside.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I get what that's like. Like, you know that a comment wasn't directed at you, but you kinda feel like it was and you answer anyway; right? :yes:

noooo haha i didn't feel like it was...i didn't care who it was to. i just had a comment haha

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Usually I ignore them, actually. I voted shoo outside but I should've voted "other". Don't squish, there's no need, it's kinda gross to do, plus it makes a gross mess. Mosquitoes don't count, of course. And I might try to kill a horse fly/wasp/etc if it was being too annoying.

Except if it was a cockroach. Then I would hypothetically yell for someone else to deal with it, they creep me out too much :sick: luckily hasn't happened before. We also don't have dangerous bugs here, I think.

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
I hate killing anything, so I tend to take them outside. It's quite troublesome with spiders because I'm afraid of them, but I do it anyway.
I do tend to kill mosquitoes...

Me too. I try to shoo them away/outside, but if they get ornery, I usually kill them. I feel bad about it, though and usually apologize.

I don't have the same patience for mosquitoes. I try to repel them, but if they're biting, I'm backhanding.

My stance on cockroaches is that they're a resilient enough species, they could do with some stompin every once in awhile. The big ones in cities usually give me the stare-down, so I tend to leave them alone for fear that they'll call in reinforcements. Plus, they're pretty creepy.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always leave the french doors open and sometimes some rather large insects come in and then get stuck in the skylights where they buzz around annoying me to no ends... I usually end up trying to encourage them to go back outside with a broom while standing on a chair... if they do not comply I usually squish them and then feel kind of bad about killing them when I really just wanted for them to quit buzzing at me :doh:

this is one of the many things on my list of reasons to fear parenthood :ninja:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
squish it, because I like to assert dominance over the spider, I'm the alpha spider damnit!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always leave the french doors open and sometimes some rather large insects come in and then get stuck in the skylights where they buzz around annoying me to no ends... I usually end up trying to encourage them to go back outside with a broom while standing on a chair... if they do not comply I usually squish them and then feel kind of bad about killing them when I really just wanted for them to quit buzzing at me :doh:
Well it's your damn fault for leaving the doors open, innit. :jew:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I just ignore it really, unless it's a threat on my meal or toilette paper. Wouldn't want a bug up my arse now would I?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
exactly... that's why I feel bad about killing them :doh:

I caught a very large dragonfly and took it outside earlier... its eyes were downright trippy :shock:

I started wondering if there was something wrong with MY eyes just looking at it :laugh:

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
If it is just a giant house spider, or a Tegenaria gigantea to the pretentious, Falcarius' just leaves it where it is. If it is some other type of spider he puts it under his magnifying glass and wonders what the hell it is.

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
[YOUTUBE=wIcLotTEW1I]"The challenge of shooing"[/YOUTUBE]

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
Too funny! Let's see...

4 legs live - goes outside if I can catch it
6 legs usually dies on sight
8 legs it depends...if it is smaller than a dime, I usually leave it alone. Bigger either gets killed or put outside...depends on whether it runs or not...if it's fast, it dies haha.
8+ legs I usually just put them outside - around here, that is usually a harmless roly poly or centipede

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it is just a giant house spider, or a Tegenaria gigantea to the pretentious, Falcarius' just leaves it where it is. If it is some other type of spider he puts it under his magnifying glass and wonders what the hell it is.
is Falcarius INTP, by any chance?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and I've got to agree with what you've got down as your type there falc :tongue:

you're on the list of posters who always make me giggle like a little girl :laugh: