User Tag List

View Poll Results: what do you do if you find an insect in the house?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • shoo it outside

42 48.84%
  • squish it

22 25.58%
  • shriek for someone else to deal with it

3 3.49%
  • something else (explain dammit!)

19 22.09%
First 12345 Last

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It would be pretty cool if you could shoo a mosquito outside.
    Hmmm - but if you leave the spiders and alike alive - they might just eat them?????
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I hate killing anything, so I tend to take them outside. It's quite troublesome with spiders because I'm afraid of them, but I do it anyway.
    I do tend to kill mosquitoes that interrupt my sleep, but that's more of a reflex than anything. But it's quite rare because I don't give them much of an opportunity to get indoors anyway.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It really depends on what kind of bug it is. If it's something like a black widow or some other kind of dangerous bug, I kill it. I kill roaches and pests too. If it's something else like a moth then I shoo it outside.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Yeah I get what that's like. Like, you know that a comment wasn't directed at you, but you kinda feel like it was and you answer anyway; right?
    noooo haha i didn't feel like it was...i didn't care who it was to. i just had a comment haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Usually I ignore them, actually. I voted shoo outside but I should've voted "other". Don't squish, there's no need, it's kinda gross to do, plus it makes a gross mess. Mosquitoes don't count, of course. And I might try to kill a horse fly/wasp/etc if it was being too annoying.

Except if it was a cockroach. Then I would hypothetically yell for someone else to deal with it, they creep me out too much luckily hasn't happened before. We also don't have dangerous bugs here, I think.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    noooo haha i didn't feel like it was...i didn't care who it was to. i just had a comment haha
    Yeah, same shit's happened to me too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/9

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I hate killing anything, so I tend to take them outside. It's quite troublesome with spiders because I'm afraid of them, but I do it anyway.
    I do tend to kill mosquitoes...
    Me too. I try to shoo them away/outside, but if they get ornery, I usually kill them. I feel bad about it, though and usually apologize.

I don't have the same patience for mosquitoes. I try to repel them, but if they're biting, I'm backhanding.

My stance on cockroaches is that they're a resilient enough species, they could do with some stompin every once in awhile. The big ones in cities usually give me the stare-down, so I tend to leave them alone for fear that they'll call in reinforcements. Plus, they're pretty creepy.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I always leave the french doors open and sometimes some rather large insects come in and then get stuck in the skylights where they buzz around annoying me to no ends... I usually end up trying to encourage them to go back outside with a broom while standing on a chair... if they do not comply I usually squish them and then feel kind of bad about killing them when I really just wanted for them to quit buzzing at me

this is one of the many things on my list of reasons to fear parenthood
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

squish it - because I value my time.

Dali

Cockroaches and mosquitoes must die. Everything else gets shoo'd out.