• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Request: Pictures of Seattle and/or surrounding areas

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Please. I want to move there in the next couple of years. I enjoy day dreaming and seeing more of the place. If anyone lives there or has visited and has some cool pictures, please share. :nice:

(I realize there is plenty on google but I still would like to see what kind of photos anyone here has managed to get)

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
I might post more later... this is all I'm feeling un-lazy enough to do for now.

Awesome place to live :yay:

cranesyq1.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Wow. Forgot about this thread. Glad to see a couple people came to share.

Grayscale - Do you live in Seattle? That's a sweet picture. Where is that pic taken exactly?

Sandwich - You go to UW? I want to go there. Is it hard to get in? I'd be interested to see some more pictures of wherever. You could post your favorites or something if youd like.

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
UW pretends to be very prestigious, but I got in as a transfer student, which they highly discourage. What do you want to study? I'd be glad to be of help.

Aaaaand, since I have the opportunity and feel that the center of the state has much less attention than it deserves, I present these for general public enjoyment:

My hometown in December, view from orchard: View attachment 1368

In the foothills of the Cascades: View attachment 1369

Stuart Lake: View attachment 1370

Part of the Peshastin Pinnacles (something of a geological anomaly): View attachment 1371

View from previously mentioned location: View attachment 1372

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sorry, but all I have is this one shot, and it's just a camera phone picture. My battery was almost dead so I only got the one shot before the phone turned itself off.

Looking toward the shore (east) about 3 or 4 miles north of downtown on an average gloomy day in mid-July:

attachment.php

It was an alright place. I could see living there. It was one of my target regions, but people in San Diego called me first.

luridlemur

I don't have any good pictures on hand, but Seattle is great. I was going to move there, too, but had to put that on hold for a few years.

This avatar is from there.

Last edited:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
UW pretends to be very prestigious, but I got in as a transfer student, which they highly discourage. What do you want to study? I'd be glad to be of help.

Aaaaand, since I have the opportunity and feel that the center of the state has much less attention than it deserves, I present these for general public enjoyment:

My hometown in December, view from orchard: View attachment 1368

In the foothills of the Cascades: View attachment 1369

Stuart Lake: View attachment 1370

Part of the Peshastin Pinnacles (something of a geological anomaly): View attachment 1371

View from previously mentioned location: View attachment 1372
Sweet pictures. I dig.

I'm wanting to study Sociology eventually but I need to work on an AA in general studies first.

How do you feel about Seattle as a place for a 20-something year-old to live? There some cool stuff/nice people? How do you like the weather? I hear it's not as bad as its made out to be. I've heard from a few people that Seattle has a bad reputation for its people being real passive agressive. Do you see this? Seems like a weird reputation for a whole city to have but it's what I've heard.

What do you think of Olympia and Tacoma (if you've been there)?

P.S. Random question for any Seattle-ite: Is there ice rinks and hockey there at all? :D

nemo

Enneagram
<3
Seattle is awesome. The most highly-educated city in the world (supposedly). Expensive, though.

Among students:

West coast is very friendly and laid back in general. The pacific NW is super environmental and outdoorsy, too. Lots of hippies, be prepared to see random people riding their bikes around with giant NO WAR signs, and shop at community food co-ops, you're a dirty corporate sellout if you don't.

Weather is okay. It doesn't rain quite as much as people say, but it's terribly overcast a lot. The Olympic Peninsula, which you're pretty much protected from, is where all the terrible rain is (there's a freeking temperate rain forest there!)

Spring and summer are perfect. Compared to most other places, the temperature doesn't fluctuate a lot over the year, although the past two winters have been harsher than normal.

Tacoma sucks. Olympia is cool. Bellingham is by far the best outlying-ish town. Go to Western Washington University if you don't get into UW.

I'll post some pictures once I get my camera working again.

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know much about the sociology department, but as a fellow social-science student (International Studies) I'm sure it's outstanding. If you can manage to get your AA at a Washington community college you're practically a push-in for admissions. Settling in to the social climate is much more difficult. The people are passive-aggressive (people will act nice irl then write up a rant in the lj community), and there's also the Seattle Freeze. My first quarter was very difficult, but being in school helps, and after the transition it's ideal for me as a commitmentphobe.

The weather.. meh. It's solid rain for a good couple months. The last week or so has been beautiful with only some overcast skies. It's always sunny on days I need to cram. And I don't know much about hockey, but I guess we have some kind of semi-pro team. Tacoma stinks (literally and figuratively), and it's been a while since I've been to Olympia, but I'm going to generalize and say that it's full of hippies due to its proximity to Evergreen.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
So since I don't have a working camera I decided to steal pictures from other people to display some of my favorite parts of the Pacific NW.

1. Queets Rain Forest (everyone MUST go at least once)
2. Solistice Parade in Fremont, a very eclectic neighborhood in Seattle
3. Downtown Bellingham, WA (charming little college town)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
That rain forest looks amazing...

Man I want to visit Seattle.