• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chicken People, Lend Me Your Brains!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
yeah but we already have a grill and a flower bed in which the dog uses as his bathroom, especially in the winter when its too cold for him to go on walks, that's the down side of owing a chiuaua mix. they're not allowed outside when it's below 35f.

Yeah, adding a chicken to that might be too much of a good thing. I don't think I'd try it myself. I wouldn't even have dogs if I didn't have a fenced area I could let them do their business in.

In other news, I have a tentative go ahead from the manly one to have chickens next year. He thinks I'll hate it and wind up giving them away PDQ, but he humors me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:yay: you get to have chickens!!!

the quiet clucking that chickens do when eating and such is actually a really peaceful sound :)

and we once had a hen who lived until she was at least 12 years old :shock:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I saw golden comet pullets at Rural King today! I almost got some, but then I remembered how much I like being married, so I decided to wait. :laugh: The guy at the store said he thought they'd have them for about a month and even after that I could order them. They want you to buy at least five, so I will just get five, raise them until they are big enough to move outside, then put the extra two on craigslist.

I am starting to buy materials for the coop and run and I think I have a good plan for keeping the chicks safe from the pet carnivores until they go outside.

In the meantime, it would be best if I stay out of Rural King. I might not be able to resist temptation next time because OMG! they are so cute!!!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*squeaks* oooh! chicks are adorable :wubbie:

they're tiny little balls of fluff with pathetic baby wings and tiny little beaks :heart:

and those are good chickens too... my parents have bought chickens from rural king on quite a few occasions :yes: