• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need a lamp

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah sorry...tried to quote it. it was blank for some reason....that one's cool.

thnx... hmm... single candle in a corner floor of the room. Makes nifty shadows for uh, "guest"

Definate "sock puppet" potential.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ do you want to start it Lady X? :)

no..i want you to...haha...actually i think it would just be us entertaining ourselves. i'm not quite sure anyone wants us to decorate for them!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ hee lol maybe not. :D Let's wait and see if there's any popular demand for our services!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
terrible pun idea: we should get the member lamp to sit on his night stand. Lamp for your night stand. Get it? get it? hahahaha no? o ok.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"I need a lamp, but I also kinda want to show off my awesome room." Right? Right?

Anyways, you will not get advice from me! I am the master of mismatching.

:<

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
:drool: sexiest. room. ever. The dramatic reds against the black are just stunning. I would probably recommend going for some kind of wrought-iron table lamp to keep with your whole dark theme. Example:

10588dbh.jpg

There's tons of different designs out there, I just grabbed the first in the search to give you an idea. My two cents anyway. Good luck!
I really like the color of the lampshade and iron, but so much of the curviness of the lamp itself. :)

I second this motion, that room just screams seduction.

Er, rather, moans seduction!
Y'know, neptunesnet said "Dracula"

...I thought that was funny!

;)

i will work it out...give me just a sec...but you're getting curtains too! :D
No way La-day! Just a lamp!

lamp option #1
mariposa-table-lamp-black.jpg
That's kinda cool.... :)

Should get some amber lamps.
¿Como que?

I'd feel like an old geezer staying at a drive-in motel in Vegas if I were to put that there!

Sheets?

alright...more accessories. :D

vertagus-shell-sphere.jpg
:laugh: What exactly is that and where would I put that? I'd probably use that if I have a underwater theme-mermaid party or something!

This is cool, but I think my room is too small for that now, besides my room is dark enough, putting that in will turn my room into the real Dracula's room.

If that's what I think it is: I have some black korean mink sheets now plus the satin, I like the mink on yours; just not the pattern. I like simple things. :)

Is that a mirrored box?

That thing kicks ass, my pothead friends have that all over their place!

That's something to think about, but my room is real small and i think curtains are... kinda tacky; the way it will look in my room at least.

You could also do gold ... that would be gorgeous too!
Black, white, red and gold? Eh, too many colors will drive my mind crazy!

i like how we took it upon ourselves to do the whole room...i kinda want to venture to the restroom next. :D
Here's my restroom!

4924768gal.jpg

:rofl1:

Damn you guys are good, and have some style. In my room, I've taken down all the paintings and removed the lampshades since I don't like them. It's basically a bed and a giant computer.
Yeah, I don't even have a TV (it broke) pictures, or desktop computer. I just have a laptop, my bed, nightstand, bookcase, and a place for the printer, extra books, and a single bamboo plant.

I actually heard somewhere that real "big time thinkers" don't have a lot stuff in their room because they think so much outside stuff distracts them.

well it's better to have nothing than things you don't like imo. :)
The room use to be cluttered as hell with a giant california king-sized bed, but I was sharing it with my brother at the time. Since he left, I threw away virtually 95% of the stuff out there.

Yes, I want to see the other corner of the room so we can decorate that too ... ;)
Well, you can look, but don't touch! Ka-pow!, unless you have another idea for a bench/seat, I'm all ears or in this case, eyes!

Wow Halla, I like that one so far, but how does that work? Does that thing light up, or do I hit it with a bong every time I have wisdom and insight? :)

I was looking for some "in-action" photos of that one.

^ ooh that's nice too, japanese theme could work for sure!
I think my whole room is in that theme already now that I think about it; one time I wanted to put medieval and antique weapons on the wall, but I think it's too small for that right now.

That's my kind of decorating!

I think Timeless's room just looks like it is askin for sweet luvin or something.
"Absolutely not. That's absurd! Oh, no, no, nooo!"
teu08.gif

White candles all in a row ... romantic!

And note the artwork selected for behind the bed ... calla lilies, somewhat sexual connotation there ... :D

It's a man room, that's inviting to the ladies ;)
I heard somewhere saying red painted walls in the bedroom is a good thing for couples, it's even better if there is no TV.

More sexy time, less Leno time.

Ya' dig?

400TL750ORB.jpg

This one's 16" tall and takes 2 incandecent bulbs.

Something round and modern seems a good fit for the room. It's called the Zen lamp...and runs about $99 dollars.
That's two for the lamp.

yes...exactly...you can see it! white candles and flower petals! :D with the sound of the water...and the candles sparkling in the mirror haha

oh and yes...i got that. :)
I actually had a picture idea similar to that, but I'll wait for my girlfriend on that to make it happen with her. There's a bunch of ideas actually; I'm pretty sure you saw me "laying on my bed" on my profile.

I guess all of that is romantic... I just see it as ideas to try out. :)

^ we are too good, girl! Hope Timeless doesn't mind we've gone ahead and done the whole room :blush:
I don't mind hearing it out, I just hope you don't mind that I'm picky, I just don't put anything; overall, I like simple things.

:)

he still needs a sexy rug...can you find one? :D
LOL. Oh no! I like these wooden floors. I like to hear the sound of footsteps actually.

here's the console table for the fountain, candles and orchid....omg so obnoxious! ha! stopping now! :D
011608582.jpg

810130_4.jpg
Okay, I think now that's going on too little girly for me! I do got a plant, but it's just a tiny bamboo one. I was thinking about putting a bonsai there, but maybe later!

With the white as enhancement: Hand-woven Shag Solo Honey White Rug (4' x 6') | Overstock.com

Choosing Zen: Chinese Bamboo Rug (5' x 8') | Overstock.com

Or this: Hand-tufted Courtney's Leaves White Wool Rug (5' x 8') | Overstock.com

or the black with white dots: Virginia Madison Contemporary Rug (7'9 x 11') | Overstock.com

I am pulling a lot of white into the room, to open it and brighten ... granted you could stay with the reds and use golds or the soft greys like Lady X ... so many options for so dramatic a room!
Now we're talkin' ... I like the first one a lot, but shit maybe when I move to a bigger place.

More Views | Pottery Barn

This one? :unsure:

I like the bamboo one peacebaby found too. :)
Ahahaha!

those are good options too...i like this greyish one from that site you posted and this sheepskin one.
41eopLFRJL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

L12636179.jpg
Yeah, that first rug is nice.

A nice cushy shag rug is fun for the bedroom tho ... ;)

I wonder if Timeless will be surprised when he gets back here :D
I am surprised. I just wanted a lamp, and you guys are giving me the world.

:)

^ let's start a decorating thread - post your bare walls and we'll give you options!

edit: oooh love the sheepskin
That'd actually be a good idea for you two, I think you two would make a kick ass team.

"I need a lamp, but I also kinda want to show off my awesome room." Right? Right?

Anyways, you will not get advice from me! I am the master of mismatching.

:<
Yeah, show off the awesomeness of being lamp-less!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
funny responses timeless...but!!!.....if you could see it in my head it's layers of richness darkness and texture and it's totally sophisticated and masculine...you see the light sheepskin and the mirror behind the bed lighten up the room and the layers of textures give it depth which makes it seem bigger...i know stuff...don't argue with my skillz yo! :D

no really...so ya wanna lamp huh? what's your favorite style?

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
funny responses timeless...but!!!.....if you could see it in my head it's layers of richness darkness and texture and it's totally sophisticated and masculine...you see the light sheepskin and the mirror behind the bed lighten up the room and the layers of textures give it depth which makes it seem bigger...i know stuff...don't argue with my skillz yo! :D

no really...so ya wanna lamp huh? what's your favorite style?

I don't know any lamp stylez yo! :)

But I just like simple stuff, the zen lamp was pretty good, and that gave me an idea for those paper-style lamps, sort of a box looking thing that sits on the table.

What do you think?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmmm...perhaps...sec

like this?
img52m.jpg

img39m.jpg