• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need Guidance for my Journey into the Land of Coffee

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I read your reasons ... I was pointing out a possible deterrent, but if you insist I wish you a wonderful coffee adventure!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read your reasons ... I was pointing out a possible deterrent, but if you insist I wish you a wonderful coffee adventure!
You're right about coffee breath... :doh: Pardon me. And there are quite a few reasons not to drink it (as JTG mentioned earlier). But I'll be safe on my voyage! Never fear! *salutes* :D

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Cold black coffee, ice is optional. It gets sweeter as it cools.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I liked coffee initially, I think, because on some profound inner level it reminds me of my grandfather and my childhood.

Why would you make yourself like coffee? There are other ways to get caffeine if that's what you're after.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I get my recipes from this site: Coffee Recipes

The best thing you can do is get a grinder, and buy the beans at your local gourmet shop.

If you buy coffee in a supermarket, check the date when the coffee was roasted (it´s at the bottom of the bag) Freshly roasted coffee is the best, and it reaches its best flavor and aroma after 24 hours after the roasting date.

Consider that different varieties have different tastes, and choose the one that suits you best. Arabica (grown in Latin America), produces a mild-bodied cafe, with a slightly smooth taste and aroma. While the Robusta (grown in Africa), produces a full-bodied cafe, which is stronger in taste, and has the most enticing aroma of all varieties. Also, it´s my personal favourite, since you can use it to prepare cappuccinos with a strong coffee taste.

And, please, don´t put coffee on the freezer! That is an urban legend. Extremely cold temperatures is the worst thing you can do to your beans.

The best place for storing coffee beans is any airtight container, in a cool, dark place. They can be stored for no longer than one week.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I learned to drink coffee simply because it's a social thing to do... I'm not a huge fan of it without cigarettes (they complement each other so well!) but I can drink it :)

The man taught himself to drink coffee by drinking iced coffee- coffee with a bit of sugar and skimmed milk over ice cubes... he read somewhere that it's a great way to start your metabolism for the day!

my sis made me smuggle back unroasted coffee beans from Brazil so that she could roast her own... she claimed that it was totally the best! :yes:

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You're right about coffee breath... :doh: Pardon me. And there are quite a few reasons not to drink it (as JTG mentioned earlier). But I'll be safe on my voyage! Never fear! *salutes* :D

That´s why I always have sugarfree, mint candy with me.

By the way, yesterday, I put small mint leaves on the cream of my viennese coffee. It was an awesome tasting experience, when the mint mingled with the chocolate.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That´s why I always have sugarfree, mint candy with me.

By the way, yesterday, I put small mint leaves on the cream of my viennese coffee. It was an awesome tasting experience, when the mint mingled with the chocolate.
That sounds really interesting! Mmm.. :drool:

It's amazing, all the advice that's accumulating here. It's amazing. It'll take years for me to try everything, it seems like!

Thanks everybody :hug:

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
That sounds really interesting! Mmm.. :drool:

It's amazing, all the advice that's accumulating here. It's amazing. It'll take years for me to try everything, it seems like!

Thanks everybody :hug:

You´re welcome. I started my journey into the Land of Coffee when I was ten, as a doctor discovered my allergy to chocolate. All kids drink cacao milk here, so that discovery made me an outcast among my former schoolmates.

But didn´t feel sad about it. I loved that condition when I learned to make cappuccino in the "ancient" way (without a machine), and, at 12, I made myself my first cup of espresso -without sugar. Since then, I have been experimenting with coffee, and honing my skills to prepare any existent coffee recipe around.

My last coffee-realted achievement was learning to make drawings to decorate my cappuccinos.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You´re welcome. I started my journey into the Land of Coffee when I was ten, as a doctor discovered my allergy to chocolate. All kids drink cacao milk here, so that discovery made me an outcast among my former schoolmates.

But didn´t feel sad about it. I loved that condition when I learned to make cappuccino in the "ancient" way (without a machine), and, at 12, I made myself my first cup of espresso -without sugar. Since then, I have been experimenting with coffee, and honing my skills to prepare any existent coffee recipe around.
Holy shiz! :worthy:

My last coffee-realted achievement was learning to make drawings to decorate my cappuccinos.
:happy2:

Make me one? :wub: :cheese:

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Holy shiz! :worthy:

:happy2:

Make me one? :wub: :cheese:

Sure!

LatteArtWeb.jpg

That´s an example of "Coffee Art". If you type this on the YouTube search box, you´ll get "how-to" videos for it -those were my tutorials.