• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Flirting with Veganism, (not Vaginas) and/or Eating Healthy/Organic (not Virgins).

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, I was under the impression that "beans and rice" type meals (almost the only thing I eat at mexican places) are pretty much the most "complete" food. Is that not true? Although, I don't skimp on the sour cream and cheese, so def not vegan.

Beans should possess a good amount of protein. I'm unsure how much you would need to eat to result in positive health.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Look man, I'm not a lawyer, and I pride myself on that. I'm not some pedantic Socratic rhetorician who gets a hard-on off of trying to sound formally educated.

:shock: what does answering specific questions about nutrition and diet have to do with being a lawyer?

I'm just trying to keep people reading this from making the same mistakes that I've made. The problem isn't meat in the Western diet - it's that everybody eats way, way, WAY too much. I presently have 8 percent body fat, and am 210 lbs. at 6'6''. I know a great deal about nutrition. I'm just putting the truth out there.

For all the talk of vegans being unhealthy, Synarch made an excellent point: most vegans take more time to plan their meals and eat a balanced diet than most omnis. I brought this up earlier. So many people tell me that I am unhealthy while they are sipping their blue drinks. Meanwhile, I'm in marathon training...

Also, my argument is clearly determinative. Plant protein is not used nearly as efficiently, and I cited evidence of the claim. Come to think of it, I don't care if people reading this take my advice or not. I am in exceptionally great physical shape because of my research and knowledge. The proof is in the puddin'. I can live with going out in public and seeing sickly, unhealthy people wandering around with their own wrong-headed opinions about what is or isn't healthy.

Not one person on this earth does their body 100% justice. You may eat the best of everything, but still drink alcohol. You may do a million crunches per week and still not get enough of that much needed rest and rejuvenation. I wish people would lay off the vegans and focus on their own areas of life that they can improve.

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
How does that mechanism work?

I would hate for you to suffer by getting annoyed with me. Relax, friend.

The evidence I cited from Wiki pertained to humans. As for other animals, they're herbivores. Over time, through a plant based diet, their digestive process adapted to it. Again, common knowledge. All of these questions you're asking me call on common knowledge. It's as enervating as if someone asked you why the letter "C" can have an "S" sound - everybody knows.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
The evidence I cited from Wiki pertained to humans. As for other animals, they're herbivores. Over time, through a plant based diet, their digestive process adapted to it. Again, common knowledge. All of these questions you're asking me call on common knowledge. It's as enervating as if someone asked you why the letter "C" can have an "S" sound - everybody knows.

Sometimes the process of argument involves tracing back fundamental assumptions to their sources. If everybody knows what you know, if it is all common knowledge, how can I disagree with you? Am I merely refusing to see the Truth? That would be a convenient way to keep your mind closed.

I think it is reasonable to ask how an animal so closely related to homo sapiens like a chimpanzee does not suffer from eating an almost 100% vegetarian diet while from your position a human would be detrimentally harmed by not eating meat. Do you see what I mean?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Again, common knowledge. All of these questions you're asking me call on common knowledge. It's as enervating as if someone asked you why the letter "C" can have an "S" sound - everybody knows.

Why do you assume to know what everyone knows? If you have a wealth of information and refuse to share it, that's your business - but don't make us feel stupid for asking.

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
I wish people would lay off the vegans and focus on their own areas of life that they can improve.

Just take care neve to seriously injure yourself and you'll be fine. Is that you in the picture or a Fraggle Rock character? Kinda unhealthy lookin' with the yellow skin and gangly limbs.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, but you're the one who mentioned them at the thought of me.

You addressed a comment to me involving the use of penile imagery. It's not surprising that I might interpret that as some sort of sexual address.

/messing with you in case it is not obvious

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Just take care neve to seriously injure yourself and you'll be fine. Is that you in the picture or a Fraggle Rock character? Kinda unhealthy lookin' with the yellow skin and gangly limbs.

I think that advice about seriously injuring yourself could apply to anyone... ;)

And yes, that's me in the picture. You're looking kind of sallow yourself, there.

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
It's a black and white picture silly billys, and I've got a 9.8 on hotornot.com - numbers don't lie.

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
worm.jpg

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
L8er sk8ers, I need to get some food. That's why I've been all irritable and argumentative.