• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

1 year in a room- what to bring?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
whatever is the quickest and most painless manner of killing myself :shock: I don't like to be inside very much... and feeling trapped = feeling panicked :cry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
that sounds so horrible I don't want to even think about it

I don't fantasize about being Anne Frank.

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
that sounds so horrible I don't want to even think about it I don't fantasize about being Anne Frank.

I consider it a test of foresight. The object of the mental exercise is to anticipate your needs, desires, and tendencies and plan accordingly. (Well, it’s mainly to tickle my ‘I’ and ‘J’ until they’re pink, but you get the idea)

I often fantasize about being left to my own devices; the random people who demand my attention, drain away my energy, wit, and humor.

MBTI Type
INxJ
What do you do with the fecal matter? What about oxygen? It wouldn't be completely cut off if the room isn't sealed, but with more than one person in a room for a year that has no windows?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^^ Ummm, yeah I was gonna ask how do you shower and dispose of waste? Then it seemed from the way the thread went that running water/toilet/shower was assumed present? What about A/C and heat? You will die pretty quickly in a truly sealed room ^^

But, no lights? So you'd be in a dark, sealed room by yourself?

Are you taking cues from 'Jigsaw' or whoever the bad guy was in 'Saw'?

If basic amenities were taken care of - running water, bathroom, shower (and not a disgusting bathroom either please), room had a working hvac system...I could deal with that.

Or, I could just take the 'room' concept outdoors and just go to Burning Man this year. :alttongue:

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
What do you do with the fecal matter?

I don't know what they're called, but you can take 5 gallon buckets and attach a screw-on toilet seat to them. That would be your toilet. Once it's filled, you seal it with the regular 5 gallon lid and place it (and all the others) in a very large plastic bin.

There are also some store bought chemicals or bacteria that eat up the fecal mater if you just dump them in the bucket.

What about oxygen? It wouldn't be completely cut off if the room isn't sealed, but with more than one person in a room for a year that has no windows?

The room is just like any large room in your house that has ventilation shafts. The vents will connect with the outside world, or at least an air pump that connects with the outside world.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If that happened to me, so many brix would be coming out of my anus that they would be feeding my family for quite a while.

Lol, but, if it was for serious, I would get a huge freezer that could be powered with a foot pedal electrical generator. I would put a shitload of flash-frozen nutritious foods [and grains to be stored there too preferably in case mice get through the air vents to us], as well as blocks of ice (which can be thawed out for use) in here, and everyone can take turns pumping electricity to keep the freezer powered. :D Screw growing my own food, because irrigation of the crops will use up a lot of water.

Um, waste disposal will be a problem. How about this: I'd bring aluminum foil to wrap the waste in and put it into the freezer, replacing what we take out, in order to save room and not pollute the living environment! Lolol ICE PEE!

Of course, medicines, sanitary items, blankets, an electricity-powered stove, pots and pans, perhaps an electric air purifier to get rid of the toxic fumes that would eventually build up in there. I think we would have to get used to being around each other naked, because it's kind of a hassle to have to do the laundry in this case. Any female with their period can use strap-on pads! Also, sex is forbidden! Anyone with urges can wank off into the freezer.

We will need medical manuals. Hmm.. and pens so that we can do a huge mural covering all of the walls as an artistic project to keep us busy for the next year!

Do we get the interwebs?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
chicks
They double as food

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
If that happened to me, so many brix would be coming out of my anus that they would be feeding my family for quite a while.

Wow. Talk about keeping together a houshold on such a tight budget that they have to eat your own shit bricks. :D

I would get a huge freezer that could be powered with a foot pedal electrical generator. I would put a shitload of flash-frozen nutritious foods [and grains to be stored there too preferably in case mice get through the air vents to us], as well as blocks of ice (which can be thawed out for use) in here, and everyone can take turns pumping electricity to keep the freezer powered. Screw growing my own food, because irrigation of the crops will use up a lot of water.

Very good point. That would give every one a chance to exercise as well as keep things such as meat, milk, nuts, eggs, and certain types of medications (like insulin shots, I think) available to you and your family for a longer period of time. Not to mention that Ice is the greatest fever reducer.

Um, waste disposal will be a problem. How about this: I'd bring aluminum foil to wrap the waste in and put it into the freezer, replacing what we take out, in order to save room and not pollute the living environment! Lolol ICE PEE!
I'd rather store waste elsewhere- perhaps in a well sealed plastic container full of poo eating bacteria that will turn my poo into top soil or something.
There are too many reasons why I don't like using the fridge as waste disposal.

1 The fridge is like a very small cabinet that is the optimum place for keeping foods fresh. Sense you’d be spending an entire year inside the room, you should probably fill every last centimeter of your fridge with food that would spoil. Only when the fridge has been depleted of food should you start freezing poopoo and peepee.

2 What happens if you get tired of peddling and the ice melts? If you sprain your ankle, or if the others are too tired or sick or weak, Everything in your fridge will begin to thaw and spill out onto the floor. This would make the air foul if not toxic, and disease could quickly spread do to the lack of sanitation.

3 Not to mention that your drinking water would be ruined. Poo and Pee would contaminate the otherwise clean ice that you were storing in there.

I think we would have to get used to being around each other naked, because it's kind of a hassle to have to do the laundry in this case. Any female with their period can use strap-on pads! Also, sex is forbidden!

Very good point. Washing cloths would be a waste of water. and wearing cloths without washing them would invite nasty smells and germs.

Anyone with urges can wank off into the freezer.

I don't like seamen in my soda :(

We will need medical manuals. Hmm.. and pens so that we can do a huge mural covering all of the walls as an artistic project to keep us busy for the next year!
Very good idea. I'd go further and bring staples and huge rolls of blank fish rap paper. We can constantly replace the paper on the walls when ever we want to- draw backdrops and put on little plays, that sort of thing.

Another thing I'd like to bring Is large mirrors! They'd make a small space seem huge.

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yum. Eating boobies.

chicks
They double as food

Big breasted, tiny waisted chicks with long flowing hair and tiny feet. If only I were a guy, I’d enjoy those things in other members of my gender. *Sigh*

But if you’re going to eat them, I suggest bringing along puppies and babies. They don’t eat much and they’d make at least one good meal. And since you probably wouldn’t have any means of refrigeration, you need to kill small animals.

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey, I’m adding a few more items to my list of things to bring into the room
---
I’d like to get a giant exercise wheal for Humans (rather than a treadmill that wastes electricity)

A shower head that’s hooked up to a metal funnel so that I can poor water down the funnel from up top some high place and make (sort of) a functional shower.

A car battery, an alternator, and steal wool. (easy way of starting a fire.)

Text books and dictionaries (I could do a year of self study. I hate the feeling of my IQ getting lower- and yes. It is a physical sensation that feels very similar to mild caffeine withdrawal)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah i know, but i just don't like mole rats in the same way
ps: the big breasted thing is for guys with mommy issues

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ps: he didn't say anything about the size of the room did he?

Then i'd bring the solar system inside the room
(and i don't want to hear about relative velocities of the 2 constructs )

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ps: he didn't say anything about the size of the room did he?

Then i'd bring the solar system inside the room
(and i don't want to hear about relative velocities of the 2 constructs )

That's the spirit!

In that case, I would bring DisneyWorld, my 5 favorite restaurants, my gym, a movie theater, a karaoke bar, and a Best Buy, and the power grid for LA and whatever reservoir in Nor Cal that provides SoCal with water.

All of the above should last me 1 year.

I've decided that this room is some kind of time space dimensional warp alternative reality thing.