• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*scalds brmc117 while trying to escape with hot spraying chocolate fondue fountain*

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
**Cheap Valentine's candy is not worth the calories.

QFT. That goes for a lot of the "holiday candy" that they sale at the drug store. Especially most of the stuff left over after the holidays that they have on sale. At least in the U.S where as far as I know they don't have minimum chocolate standards like they do in Europe.

Ah those nostalgia stories about going down to the corner store still make one feel all warm and tingly

It look like a lot of da womez get hot for da chocolate

firemanbig.jpg

Pandar

MBTI Type
INFJ
Omg I like me some chocolate. My college has these giant chocolate chip cookies that they bake for lunchtime. Only 99 cents. OMG OMG OMG CHOCOLATE! I can have me some cookies!?

*coughcough*

Anyhow.... Now I need chocolate. -goes to look for ice cream-

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Chocolate could potentially be the very only thing that could sell me out. I love it a lot.

... Had I the great sums (already), I'd never hesitate to establish a Chocolate Factory of my own, too.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chocolat!

[YOUTUBE="2tasemnJ_uA"]one of my favs![/YOUTUBE]

Is she infj or infp?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could go for a gooey hot brownie a la mode right about now.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I just bought a lot of chocalate and chocolate pudding. I already ate the pudding. It was yummy,

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So mix in a little MAO inhibators with your chocolate (preferably those found in nature).

Beware: Once you use MAOIs, the effects are likely to be permanent, and can cause serious hazards any time you will digest meat in the future.

Anyway, Theobromine's light induced euphoria is usually enough for most mortals, including me.

---

When you buy chocolate, ALWAYS check it is not made with Palm oil, but only Cocoa butter.
This is one of the reason (amongst others) why large brands like Cadbury always produce very bad chocolate in countries where they are not complied to do it by the law -this includes the USA-, and junk food you should avoid at all cost, both because of your health, because of its taste, and the disastrous effects of Palm oil culture in the tropics.

99% of candy bars are junk food full of trans fats, by the way. Always avoid them if possible.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Beware: Once you use MAOIs, the effect are likely to be permanent, and can cause serious hazards any time you will digest meat in the future.

Anyway, Theobromine's light induced euphoria is usually enough for most mortals, including me.

---

When you buy chocolate, ALWAYS check it is not made with Palm oil, but only Cocoa butter.
This is one of the reason (amongst others) why large brands like Cadbury always produce very bad chocolate in countries where they are not complied to do it by the law -this includes the USA-, and junk food you should avoid at all cost, both because of your health, because of its taste, and the disastrous effects of Palm oil culture in the tropics.

99% of candy bars are junk food full of trans fats, by the way. Always avoid them if possible.

Thanks for the heads up.

It was kinda just one of my sudden "bright ideas" that I really didn't think out.

What came to mind was the MAOi used Ayahuasca to promote the oral activity such as Banisteriopsis caapi (Yaje) and the other is Peganum harmala (Syrian Rue).

Now that I think about it prompted by your additional information I think I will forgo playing a chocolaty Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde. :)

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5

I think they usually just say : "vegetal oil" in the cases where they don't use cocoa butter, or use it with cocoa butter. So it could be pretty much anything, but is often palm oil.

Malaysia is quite terrifying when it comes to oil palm culture, the countryside, there, in some areas, just looks like a giant forest of rowed palmtrees.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think they usually just say : "vegetal oil" in the cases where they don't use cocoa butter, or use it with cocoa butter. So it could be pretty much anything, but is often palm oil.

Malaysia is quite terrifying when it comes to oil palm culture, the countryside, there, in some areas, just looks like a giant forest of rowed palmtrees.

99% of the time, "vegetable oil" is just an euphemism for Palm oil, since it is the cheapest edible oil available in the market.
Most brands that don't use Palm oil (Rapeseed or Sunflower's, for instance) are usually eager to show it, because it's a proof of a better quality. It's not perfect, but it's far better than the dreaded Palmitic acid (44% of Palm oil content). This fatty acid is worst for your arteries and your heart than pure butter (less the taste) when combined with trans fats.

There's a powerful economic lobby to encourage its consumption nonetheless, despite the studies provided by the World Health Organization, lots of NGO and several other independant researchers.

Nevertheless, in many Western countries, effective measures of boycotts have successively prevented those economic interests from really setting foot in domestic markets. Unfortunately, as usual the USA are not concerned with that: They represent an eco-backward nation. In the name of the allmighty "free market", who cares if American poors grow obese and die of coronary accidents?

Last edited:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have twice been in a chocolate factory overseas. It wasn't exactly Willy Wonka, but still fun. :)

Has anyone here ever had any of or use those raw cacao nibs? They are supposedly a superfood.
Not that I believe in following every good-food/bad-food trend that comes along.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Chocolate :drool:.
Just give me anything dipped in chocolate please.

S

sammy

is it a sign of addiction that I have three different kinds of chocolate ice cream in my freezer right now?