• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the best or good Candy

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like candy. Always did as far as I recall. This thread is for your thoughts on candy and which types you would recommend.

Too much to list but here is a few of my favorites:

1. German Coke bottles (gummy)
2. Violet Crumble/Crunchie (honeycomb candy bar hard to find in the states)
3. Skittles "crazy cores" (new type of Skittles small fruit candies under hard shell)

Do you like candy too? If so let us know what you recommend!

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think Cherry Clan was a pretty good candy. Sour gummy worms are good too, even though they're made with gelatin.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What is Cherry Clan? I have not heard of them (are they an east coast/west coast US or European candy?

That reminds me how much I love LUDEN'S® Wild Cherry Throat Drops. Not the greatest for a cough but yummy yum yum.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sour Patch Kids.

Trip out! After only a few seconds after reading this I stood up and looked at a package of Swedish Fish and saw an add that on it showing the same company made sour patch kids. Seems like a normal occurrance...but then again maybe the gods want me to eat sour patch kids too. :D

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
860452226_m.jpg

Cherryheads are small panned candies with an tart cherry flavor. They used to be called either Cherry Chan or Cherry Clan. These boxes are pre-priced at 25¢. Delicious, racist candy. Apparently they don't make them anymore. It was def. available on the West Coast c. 1990.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am assuming by candy we mean non-chocolate candy, right? I would have to say Bit o' Honey. I love it so much. SO MUCH. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Also, this. And Nerds.

Chocolate is fair game too on this post it just hasn't come up yet.

Bit o' Honey are yummy. I have not see them in too long. Mm mm that bee mascot from Bit o' Honey can bite me anytime!

I used to like Nerds more when I was younger than I do now, but still gotta admit it was a cool candy. Watermelon was my fav. Used to love how they would split up the box into two halves with a different flavor on each side. It was like a two for one.

Sometimes I would see how much I could stuff in my mouth and hold and after awhile the stuff would get into my nasal passageways. I better stop now before I get into TMI territory. lol

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
What is Cherry Clan? I have not heard of them (are they an east coast/west coast US or European candy?

That reminds me how much I love LUDEN'S® Wild Cherry Throat Drops. Not the greatest for a cough but yummy yum yum.
OMG! Ludens are so yummy!

Mostly I prefer chocolate. Turtles are probably my favorite.

I also like sour apple and watermelon Jolly Ranchers.

And French Burnt peanuts.

And Pez.

:wubbie:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Mostly I prefer chocolate. Turtles are probably my

When you say Turtles do you mean the chocolate covered caramel ones?

I also like sour apple and watermelon Jolly Ranchers.

I love these too. My parents didn't give me much money as a kid, but they would sell those individual apple, watermelon, etc. Jolly Ranchers for about 5 cents each at the corner store a short walk from home. I think I liked all of the Jolly Ranchers except "Hot" or "Peach" (which for some reason kinda tasted like it had sand in it) even so they were not bad on occasion. In general I loved Jolly Ranchers and even bought a merchants box full of them once in Jr. High and sold them and apple and cherry Now and Laters (eat some now safe some for later) individually for a tidy profit.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
When you say Turtles do you mean the chocolate covered caramel ones?
Yes. I love caramel and nuts. Nuts break up the sweet in candy nicely.

I love these too. My parents didn't give me much money as a kid, but they would sell those individual apple, watermelon, etc. Jolly Ranchers for about 5 cents each at the corner store a short walk from home. I think I liked all of the Jolly Ranchers except "Hot" or "Peach" (which for some reason kinda tasted like it had sand in it) even so they were not bad on occasion. In general I loved Jolly Ranchers and even bought a merchants box full of them once in Jr. High and sold them and apple and cherry Now and Laters (eat some now safe some for later) individually for a tidy profit.
I don't give my kids much money, but I'll let them pick out a bag of bulk candy from Sam's when the budget allows. They usually get the Hersey's Chocolate Factory Favorites or Laffy Taffy, which I think is kind of like Now and Laters. I'm not a big fan of chewy fruit flavored candy for some reason.

Oh, and thanks to my daughters' anime obsession, I have learned that I like Poki. I'm not sure if that counts as candy or not, though. It's more like cookie.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes. I love caramel and nuts. Nuts break up the sweet in candy nicely.

Yes I noticed this the first time I ate a Pay Day (candy bar). I recently heard that Charles Bukowski were fond of them to the point of surviving on them and booze during a period of his life. See below:

In addition to writing, Bukowski also had to work for many years. He was a postal worker later in life, after he traveled cross country in his youth getting jobs as a day laborer and surviving on eating nothing but a Pay Day candy bar each day…a Pay Day and more than a few drinks, no doubt. His itinerant life and his experiences at the post office provided much source material for his work

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dark chocolate Reese's cups are the SHIZ. :rock:

These are pretty good too:

peach-pouch.jpg

^I'm not a nutty-crunchy Vegan type, but I love these anyways :wub:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not much of a candy eater, but if I am eating candy

- nerds
- sour patch kids
- sweet tarts
- gummy bears (the harder ones that have stronger flavors!)
- peppermint patties (I like mint... and while on that topic add wedding mints! :drool:)
- laffy taffy
- candy necklaces, which I'll wear until I remember that I don't like wearing them because they're sticky :doh:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Dark chocolate Reese's cups are the SHIZ. :rock:

These are pretty good too:

^I'm not a nutty-crunchy Vegan type, but I love these anyways :wub:

Yeah I used to add my own melted dark chocolate to the Reese's cups. The organic candy tread seems like an interesting phenomenon. Sounds like something I would invest in if I found a perfect match.

- candy necklaces, which I'll wear until I remember that I don't like wearing them because they're sticky :doh:

Ha ha Yeah mostly for kids. As well as the huge ruby hard candy rings I used to like the rare instances when I could get my hands on the politically incorrect bubblegum and candy cigarettes before they became totally banned.

On the gum ones you would even be able to inhale the light powdered sugar and blow out what looked like a cloud of smoke.

Those prolly worth something on eBay

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cow Tales: Basically a caramel rope with cream inside. They used to sell them at checkout shelves, each piece being pretty darn long. These days I've really had to search hard for them.

2cf9z77.jpg

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't have a lot of use for candy that's not chocolate. I love Reese's Cups, Hershey's Special Darks, Snickers, Whatchamacallits, KitKats, anything like that.