• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone Sew?

Turbinado

MBTI Type
INTP
I can sew, though I kind of stopped since I don't want to wear the kind of clothes I want to make.

What I have to say is it will be a lot harder to fit something to yourself than to another person, so you should have someone who knows to assist you. They have to know what they're doing to pin it right when you're doing alterations.

And if you want a great dress, learn to make patterns. You will get a better fit than if you altered a pattern, and the knowledge will make you able to sew it with more skill when you know exactly what is going on. How soon is your wedding?

Edit: Oops, I see you decided not to do it? Don't give up, sewing is fun. Make things other than wedding dresses.