• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My cat is too fat

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
Buy your cat a treadmill.

Or just, take a bunch of photos of your cat and make a calendar. It'd be hilarious!

Here I am posting on a thread about fat cats. This is what I’ve come to.
Hahaha. What a sad bunch we are.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who talks to the vet, you or your parents? Otherwise it's looking like take the parents out of the equation or expect the worst. If it's you who deals with the vet, maybe ask about methods with which to deal with poor impulse parents.

LEGERdeMAIN

Cat overpopulation is becoming a problem, it's only a matter of time before forced sterilization, abortion, cat pogroms and felinacide become the accepted norm.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
omg kitty abortions are the new hot button political issue

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
Some cats are just meant to be fat and lazy, like Garfield.

Good point.

Diet + treadmill seems like a winning formula.

Also, that new mouse-flavored dry catfood should help keep kitty lean and happy.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Cat overpopulation is becoming a problem, it's only a matter of time before forced sterilization, abortion, cat pogroms and felinacide become the accepted norm.

My cat is already sterilized.

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
My cat is already sterilized.

Cats usually gain weight after being sterilized/castrated.
And especially if she was a street cat before, she won`t be able to keep her paws away from the food, even if she`s already full. Leave only a small dose of dry food (and water) for her to eat when it`s not time for a meal.

Also play with her (our biggest and oldest cat loves chasing marbles:D. And they love hands. That`s why mine are all scratched up.)

And tell your parents if they keep feeding her excessivelly she`ll get too fat and get sick and die. If they want to care for her, they can just play with her a bit or pet her. My grandma is also like that;every meow she hears, she` ll answer it with a different type of canned food/meat. Cats really know who they can play with.:yes:

Fecal McAngry

My cat is too fat. According to our vet she needs to weigh 4 kilograms and at the moment she weighs 5,3 kilograms. Way too much for a kitty. Our vet wants us to put our cat (Patsy) on a diet. When my parents were on their holiday in May, I was able to make my cat lose some weight with that diet, but unfortunately my parents kind of stopped that diet when they arrived back home. We can't let Patsy play outside, because our neighbours hate cats and they'll probably poison her. My parents have a weak spot for Patsy's mewing so every single time she mews my parent's give her food and believe me, she does it all day long. Our vet gave us a toy, which Patsy should be playing with, but unfortunately Patsy is afraid of it. When I tell my parents that they shouldn't feed Patsy that much, they don't seem to listen. She's getting fatter and fatter and no one seems to be able to (or wanting to) put a stop to it. I don't want Patsy to get diabetes!

Does anyone else have any idea what I could do to make my cat lose weight? She's already getting diet food, so that's not an option.

1) Make sure she is eating virtually no carbohydrate. That means wet/canned food only, or real dead animal pieces, and even with the wet food--read labels. Avoid any grain ingredients, for example. Cats are carnivores and respond even more poorly--far more poorly--to high-carb diets than do we humans.

2) Then simply control portions until you find a caloric level at which she gradually loses weight.

3) Ignore her whining. Tell others to ignore her whining. If they don't, kill them and feed them to Patsy (in small portions over a long period of time).