• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

save the environment - kill yourself

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(Planetary rotation induced psychosis? o_O)

Okay, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
I am serious. That's the only solution, right? Just by breathing we create a carbon footprint. Doesn't that make you feel guilty for existing? Or am I the only one?

Considering that we're a part of the environment that would be a self-defeating strategy...

LEGERdeMAIN

The only way to save the environment is to colonize extraterrestrial planets. Killing yourself may prove beneficial to the environment, just not for you.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If this worked, then it wouldn't matter either way because you would be too dead to see it working.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What is the point of saving the environment if everything is dead?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Look...All you "save the environment, kill yourself" nut-jobs, are shitty environmentalists.
If you you actually believed the crap you spout, you'd have killed yourself already.

Hypocrites. :thumbdown:

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Less humans = more space and other resources for the other humans.
If many people die, I won't complain, I respect their sacrifice for others as long as they are the ones killing themselves.

But anyway, it has been said, nature does its job well, when humans can't sustain themselves anymore, they will die or stop growing.
If you are concerned about biodiversity, it's your human concern, not that of nature, nature is just a self regulated system, the fact that human expension is the cause of it just means we are more efficient (for now).

If you believe humanity is worth sustaining and would rather not having all of thus die suddenly from lack of resources there are solutions :
-encourage developing countries to reduce their natality and develop through the use of renewable energies unlike what countries that developed before did. Go work there on projects for that.
-chose what you eat and use in accordance to their impact, get your own energy from a solar pannel or whatever, if you can afford it.

Otherwise, I have to say, I very much agree with everything haphazard said.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Sounds like a plan, but if I go out I'm taking as many of you with me as possible.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm talking about the natural environment.

Last time I checked.. humanity was indigenous to Planet Earth.. meaning we are PART of the natural environment.Therefore it can be argued that everything we do is NATURAL .. We are not separate to nature.. We are nature..

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sometimes it feels better to feel bad than to actually do something productive.

G

Ginkgo

captainplanet.jpg

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If we all die, so will she.

LA1199-001.jpg

Clearly, the GREEN way to survive is to breathe in moderation. STOP THE YOGA, it's destroying the planet! And STOP SIGHING AND YAWNING. Get some fair-trade coffee and biodegradable packaged Zoloft if you're that tired and apathetic.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I am serious. That's the only solution, right? Just by breathing we create a carbon footprint. Doesn't that make you feel guilty for existing? Or am I the only one?

While I agree, I also realize that if I just kill MYSELF, that has a negligible difference, and it's not likely to spur a revolution of everyone else following in my footsteps, so honestly this is kind of silly.

Rather, those who agree need to come up with a way to make those who don't agree to join them.

I'll let yeu know when I've finished creating my uber-virus that targets only humans and wipes them out <3

If I'm going down, yeu're coming with me!