• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Learning to Cook

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
it's called a 1 second attention span... I wander off and return in a panic when the fire alarm goes off :doh:

Okay. But it's still edible. Just a little...um...charcoaley...yeah, charcoaley.......don't think charcoaley is a word, but ta hell with it...

It's freakin' bacon...unless it has disintegrated, it's still edible. :D

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Grilled Squirrel

Cooking time 25/30 minutes

Quantity One per person

Ingredients: Butter or margarine
Chopped herbs: rosemary or thyme
Cost: free

Squirrels for grilling must be very young, when they are often known as 'Juveniles'. Older squirrels can be stewed, or cooked slowly in a casserole.

Skin, gut, wash and dry the rodents and split lengthways. Season, then brush the meat generously with melted butter. Marinading overnight, if time permits.

Save the skins - they make great winter hats!

Preheat the grill and place uppermost on the grill pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the beast. Turn them over and brush the underside with more fat. Continue cooking for a further 5 minutes, then turn over once more and cook until tender.

Alternatively, cook slowly on a skillet after a night marinading

To give more flavour to the flesh, a few chopped herbs can be mixed with the melted fat. Serve the Squirrels with redcurrent or apple jelly.

07squirrel4_650.jpg

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always associated squirrels with getting fried and served with gravy (kind of like chicken!) but then again I'm from a southern rural family :laugh:

it never occurred to me that squirrel could be haute cuisine! :holy:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I always associated squirrels with getting fried and served with gravy (kind of like chicken!) but then again I'm from a southern rural family :laugh:

it never occurred to me that squirrel could be haute cuisine! :holy:

Correctamundo. Batter the legs and deep fry - Southern style. :yes: