• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weird Meat Thread

_Violence_

For all meat lovers. Name your favorite meats or share experiences.

Some of mine:

-Turtle Soup - This stuff is just so delicious. Warm, rich, and full of flavor, the meat has excellent texture, supple, kinda really nice aroma and savory. And suppose to be healthy, Turtle promote long life. :)

-Alligator - One of my favorites, kinda like a mix between chicken and fish. So juicy, flavorful, yet tender but gives you that juicy bite all meat lovers crave.

-Beef Sashimi - Raw and tender. Not sure how to explain the taste, I haven't had this in a long time. But it's so juicy, and just melts in your mouth.

-Dog - Kinda like beef, but for me anyways, I'd say it has a softer texture (maybe the way it was cooked), and has a sort of sweet tinge to it. I really like it, wish I could get some for Christmas. :(

-Sea Cucumber - Kinda tasteless actually, but it is slimy and really soft. If you make it with a kind of soup, it can be light, not too filling, but still good. The dish I had was lightly salted, and delicious.

-Rabbit - A bit like chicken, but I think harder texture, and gamier. I really like it, the flavor is hard to describe if you've never had it.

-Lamb/Mutton - Probably my favorite meat in the whole world. Lamb skewers or Northeast Chinese style lamb BBQ is the best. Lamb is pretty light, in taste and smell. Mutton is my favorite though. Heavy, almost pungent smell and flavor. Mmmmmm I want lamb for Christmas now too... :(

-Eel - One of my favorite seafoods. Eel is soft and a bit slimy, but oh my god it's so delicious. Best cooked in a sushi style, or a Japanese eel and rice bowl.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
-Dog - Kinda like beef, but for me anyways, I'd say it has a softer texture (maybe the way it was cooked), and has a sort of sweet tinge to it. I really like it, wish I could get some for Christmas. :(
You eat dog? You must be barking mad. And I guess alligator would be a bit too snappy for my taste.

Pardon me for my puns.

_Violence_

LOL, I'll eat virtually ANYTHING. I've had insects too, fried locusts, scorpions, fried caterpillar/larvae, mmmmmm SO GOOD.

You know like miniature crabs, the little tiny ones the size of your thumb maybe. Lightly or deep fried, doesn't matter. I can pop those things like chips.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I've had some turtle meat in a sort of stuffing type meal, it tasted like river. In other words it was delicious like all bush meat.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bacon :wubbie: The pig is my favorite animal....to eat.

Kobe beef carpaccio :happy2:

I live in FL and if you haven't tried Gator you're officially kicked out of the state.

There's not much I won't try. My grandmother is English and I loved it when she made lamb with mint jelly. It's one of those childhood meals that have stayed with me.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I was raised with the taste of tartare (French but other cultures have it). Basically raw beef mixed with egg and whatever choice of seasoning.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was raised with the taste of tartare (French but other cultures have it). Basically raw beef mixed with egg and whatever choice of seasoning.

When my mom used to make meatloaf I used to eat the raw hamburger. I still like the taste. I didn't realize it had a name - tartare. Now, I'm no longer weird. I'm cultured. :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've had..

Bear
Elk
Deer
Shark (yuck)
Swordfish
Frog Legs
Crocodile/Alligator
Lamb
Pheasant
Buffalo (jerky)

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I like gator. I wanna try goose and buffalo. I also want to hunt and eat a mountain lion... as a test of my manhood.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think I could eat a dog- I adore dogs :wubbie:

bunnies are delicious though- especially barbecued

squirrels make the best gravy

capibaras aren't all that bad for a slightly murky tasting giant rodent :shock:

piranhas, on the other hand, are horrible and somewhat stringy

alligators are wonderful- it's like getting shrimp and chicken at once!

buffaloes taste like beef to me

deer sometimes taste like beef, but are sometimes more gamey in taste

jellyfish are the worst thing I've ever eaten- crunchy, fish flavored jello :sick:

wild boar was delicious- it was so much porkier than the average pig!

I did not like snails- they are too chewy

cuttlefish are kind of nice if not overcooked though

can't think of anything else at the moment really :) I don't consider lamb exotic since my parents farmed sheep

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Headcheese - ate it in a Vietnamese banh mi sandwich last week. Bright pink, fatty mystery meat. Didn't have that gag-reflex-inducing taste that sweetbreads usually have.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Im rather fond of squid in several forms, and I agree eel is particularly yummy.

I found alligator chewy when I had it, but I believe it was cooked too long.. it seems with most seafood when you overcook it it loses the light, airy feel to it.

Cow tongue is amazing, very soft and takes to seasonings well imo.

I liked shark, my dad used to go deep sea fishing and bring us back one or two.

Softshell crab is awesome in spider rolls. I'll eat the legs and all just as they are.

I've had buffalo before and it seems alright to me. I've wanted to try a lot of things mentioned in this thread.

_Violence_

Ah yes, cow tongue. One of my favorite treats when going out for Korean BBQ.

And I love softshell crab too, as well as Korean style raw crab, in spicy sauce. It's so delicious.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Im rather fond of squid in several forms

Since we were also discussing Korean food, have you ever tasted live squids?

You know, when the poor beast is still wriggling its tentacles just when you are about to swallow it...

Last edited:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Well, you're from France. Don't you eat snails over there?
I personally wouldn't dare eat it.

_Violence_

Since we were also discussing Korean food, have you ever tasted live squids?

You know, when the poor beast is still wriggling with its tentacles just when you are swallowing it...

I will eat virtually anything.

So I would love to do this.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
^ Well, you're from France. Don't you eat snails over there?
I personally wouldn't be able to stand it.

Escargots-de-Bourgogne1.jpg

Yes, land snails (namely Helix pomatia, aspersa and leucorum, if I remember well) with parsley, garlic and butter...

And lots of marine gastropods too (whelks, winkles, limpets... anything that is vaguely palatable)...