• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spaghetti questions

_Violence_

I love making spaghetti because it is so cheap. And tasty.

But what kind of stuff can I put on it? I'm getting kinda bored with the same setup everyday.

Noodles and sauce...

I'm gonna go get sausages today. Anything else? Was thinking mushrooms. MMMM MUSHROOMS. So tasty.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
try a white sauce (corn flour and milk, make in the same way as you make custard), made with tuna, chopped leek, and lots of chopped parsley... v nice, kind of wednesday night dinner

Or cashew nuts, bacon, finely chopped carrots, onions, garlic, parsley, and Sour cream sauce (dolips of sour cream and some white wine.

Chicken, tomatoe, herbs, garlic and some fine chopped veggies...

There has to be an online past book, the list with pasta goes on

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My favorite spaghetti EVER:

Assumptions:
1 box of spaghetti pasta
1 jar of your favorite sauce (Mine ATM is "Classico - Italian Sausage")

Additional Yummy Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 package of small portabella mushrooms
Fresh cloves of garlic, chopped/minced/whatever

Sautee' all in some butter, set it aside...

Protien:
I add one of the following

-Cut up breasts of chicken, or pulled pieces of a rotissierre chicken
-Ground beef that has been cooked in a skillet with some Italian seasonings

Preparation:
Mix it all together, top it off with mozzarrella and some parmesan cheese, and VOILA!!!

"Pasta ala Halla!" :cheese:

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Any leftover veggies can into a sauce. You can jazz up a pasta sauce really easily by adding almost any veggie. I'm serious, in my sauces they all go in... Particularly carrots, zucchini, squash, peas, onion, mushrooms, peppers, and spinach. I have an immersion blender that smooths everything out. I usually add some prosciutto for flavor as well.

You can also do a carbonara sauce that is cream based, throw in some peas and yummy :drool:.

Or you can make a quick curry (curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce, and garlic.) Also amazing.

Good luck on your culinary quest :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am actually quite fond of the modified and cheap version of puttanesca sauce I ran across in a book a while back- it sounds terrible from the ingredients, but it is actually delicious (I don't tell people what's in it before they try it ;) )

1 can of tuna packed in olive oil
garlic to your taste
28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
basil, oregano, black pepper, crushed red peppers and salt to taste
1/2 cup of sliced green olives

cook together and pour over pasta :)

_Violence_

Oh that's right, parmesan and mozzarrela cheese... I always forget cheese, not big on it (didn't grow up eating it so it is a bit strong/awkward for me) but I think for pasta its so good.

I wish I could find like, goat cheese or goat milk in the States...

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
One of the keys to cooking is to have no one flavoring overpower your dish.

In the correct amounts, all of these are good flavor enhancers-unless you are allergic or seriously do not like the characteristics of the flavor even in small amounts.

Finely chopped fresh garlic, sauteed in olive oil.-Some great chefs swear by "shocking" the cloves in ice water prior to slicing.

Worcestershire sauce.- Small amounts-1/2 tsp per quart

Lemon Juice.- Small amounts. 1/2 tsp per quart/liter

Sugar, molasses or any type of sweetener.- About a tablespoon per quart/liter of sauce

Red Wine.-1 tbsp per quart

And of course oregano, basil, salt, red pepper etc.

A sauce cooked too long will become bitter because of the acids in the tomatoes. One method is to slowly bring it to a simmer, then simmer for 1/2 hour. It will continue to cook after you take it off the heat. Put it in the fridge once it cools and reheat it the next day-always better the next day as the flavors all have a chance to marry.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
pasta recipes are easy to find on the internet or go to a bookstore and browse around. a shelf could be devoted to the subject. also goat cheese is readily found in usa. to make a single serving white sauce:

on low to medium heat --you have to experiment bc stoves are different--melt a little butter or olive oil 1tbs

add a little flour 2tbs
stir with a wisk for a couple minutes till the flour browns slightly
add 3/4 cup warm (goat) milk slowly and stir till lumps are gone

add 2 oz of (goat) cheese

pour over any type of pasta 1 1/2 cups cooked

add a cup of steam veggies

sprinkle with some parmesan or romano if you feel like it

wa-la!