• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The heavenly nectar that is coffee...

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Well Xander, at least you're not eating sheep shit.

Please tell me you're not eating sheep shit!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sweet Tea! Yummy. Considering soda is also just sugar water and a Type II Diabetes in a bottle, I prefer sweet tea.

The McDonald's in some regions will sell it.

I like tea as well as coffee. I drink my coffee black now, after discovering that decent coffee doesn't need to be masked. Tea, I prefer with lots of milk and honey.

I drink iced tea. Matcha sweet tea is HEAVENLY. Pure sugar. Peet's Coffee has an okay sweet green tea slushie, but I prefer the real deal. Also, adding mashed fruit like peaches to a container of iced tea in the fridge is also HEAVENLY.

Cooler drinks are easier to drink than hotter. Hot tea to me is more ritualized, you're meant to savor it with snackies and a friend. I just imagine sitting by the window on a drizzly afternoon wearing a sweater and warming up with tea. Blame it on watching too much tv and commercials. But tea that's not that hot and especially iced tea is a substitute for water and you can chug it down!

Also, I know this may veer on sounding a little too scatalogical, but you are what you eat and I prefer the idea of drinking something aromatic and sweet rather than acidic and sharp. I mean, they do say vegans smell better. I always wonder if you drink a gallon of rose hips tea every day if you'll start smelling like roses!

And does bubble tea count? Because I definitely drink that!

Hah, the cultural differences are amusing. I once had sweet tea in the south and I felt like I wanted to brush my teeth with a Brillo pad. I don't think I'd ever have it again. I like a big glass of unsweetened iced tea with half a pack of Splenda and maybe a slice of orange if I have it around. Mmmm.

And bubble tea...I tried that once before I knew that the balls were made of tapioca. The texture was so strange, and when combined with my ignorance of what they were made of, I allowed myself to imagine that they were eyeballs. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be drinking bubble tea anymore either! :wacko:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
...back to coffee.

How about this :drool::

cappuccino.jpg

AliciaS2R

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Yep, black's the only way to go. And...buy a Bunn.

Bunn, the only coffee maker I will buy. The one I have is 10 years old and still going strong. A carafe of coffee is ready in 3 minutes. No setting it up with a timer, just set up the filter and pour in the water. I know some coffee officianados will tell you that the water is stale, but to me it is hot and fresh. Oh, and I put the half and half or the chocolate raspberry creamer in last. :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I like to French Press my caffeinated hot beverages. I feel so continental.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
And bubble tea...I tried that once before I knew that the balls were made of tapioca. The texture was so strange, and when combined with my ignorance of what they were made of, I allowed myself to imagine that they were eyeballs. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be drinking bubble tea anymore either! :wacko:

No bubble tea in a city that may arguably have the most and tastiest bubble teas outside of Hong Kong. Tsk, tsk.

I used to like bubble tea until I tasted a lot of really bad ones. Chalky or just off tasting. At one whole foods Chinese market, the tapioca balls were 'hand made' which basically meant misshapen hard lumps. Blech.

You should try those tasty colorful Vietnamese drinks. The tapioca in some of those is shredded so cannot remind you of any body parts.

And you can try Vietnamese caphe (that's coffee). Nice and strong and sweet, like most hybrid Asian coffees. Condensed milk, it's good for ya!

See, I turned the post around! It's relevant. :yes:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
No bubble tea in a city that may arguably have the most and tastiest bubble teas outside of Hong Kong. Tsk, tsk.

I used to like bubble tea until I tasted a lot of really bad ones. Chalky or just off tasting. At one whole foods Chinese market, the tapioca balls were 'hand made' which basically meant misshapen hard lumps. Blech.

I've never had Bubble Tea, but I did know someone who claimed they liked it a lot... I've been wondering if it was worth trying. It seems like you're saying that it's not that great, right?

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've never had Bubble Tea, but I did know someone who claimed they liked it a lot... I've been wondering if it was worth trying. It seems like you're saying that it's not that great, right?

The one I had was peach flavored, and the actual taste of it was quite good. It was the texture of the "bubbles" that turned me off. It's a little frothier than regular tea, it sort of reminded me of an Orange Julius.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

It's actually very good if you like sweet drinks. They aren't carbonated and are generally more milk based (there are a few that you can order without the milk). They originated in Hong Kong or Taiwan so they usually come with requisite cute packaging usually including giant colorful straws and cutesy plastic lids shrink wrapped on if you go to some places. My favorite is usually the taro or just the plain milk tea.

It's technically 'tea' but I think with some of the flavors it's more like a milk soft drink. So similar to your frothy drink at Starbucks. :rolleyes:

The texture of the tapioca balls is familiar to people who grew up with a lot of far Eastern cuisines, since tapioca is used in desserts and resembles the chewiness of rice confections. Even with people who aren't use to it, the drinks are especially popular with students and people in CA. Except for FM...cause he's strange like that. (Hahaha, you know I kid).

The reason I stopped drinking it is that there are so many bubble tea places that have popped up that the quality is now hit or miss.

I would definitely give it a try, if the place is packed that's a good indicator.

If you aren't sure about the tapioca balls, you can always request with less or none at all.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
See, I turned the post around! It's relevant. :yes:
Relevancy is soo overrated :D

So I'm gathering that only a handful have any appreciation for instant coffee. I have to conclude that the instant available abroad must be dire!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I hope you will all take pity on me, I went caffeine-free a week ago (trying to get rid of persistent headaches...). Oh, for a real coffee!

-Geoff

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yeah I had withdrawal headaches for a couple of days until Thursday, but I've felt much better since!

-Geoff
Do you object to tea? If not then try some tea next time. I find that changing source of caffeine works. Either that or more sleep.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Sleep! SLEEP! :banned:

-Geoff
You no hear of tension headache?

Put down the keyboard and back away from the PC ;)

For some reason I thought you had a missus who'd keep you in line on such things as appropriate times to be solving problems and such.