• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kyuuei's Cook book!

wolfy

awsm
I like to soak my oatmeal overnight. Try searching soaked oatmeal. I enjoyed oatmeal, milk, peanut butter, vanilla essence and cinnamon.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Baked scotch eggs:

Not even a little bit healthy, but they're not fried at least and they came out just as tasty.

For the meat: 1 lb ground pork or ground sausage, salt, pepper, 1/2 raw egg beaten (or dump in a whole egg + some breadcrumbs), 2 tbsp smoked paprika, and some italian spices. Mix it all together.

For the eggs: Boil them with vinegar (5 eggs boiling) for 10-12 minutes, run under very cold water to cool to the touch, and peel.

For the dredging: Breadcrumbs (any style at all)

For the cooking: A pan lined with foul and a rack on top so the eggs are lifted from the pan itself, sprayed with pam so the rack is easier to clean after. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Divide the meat into 5 sections and cover them with the meat until they're baseball sized-ish and fairly even. Roll them heavily in bread crumbs, and set on the rack. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the sausage is completely cooked and the outside is crispy shake-and-bake style.

It's much less messy than fried scotch eggs, less scary, and they tasted incredible and were super filling with some spicy mustard and salt/pepper mix.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Baked scotch eggs:

Not even a little bit healthy, but they're not fried at least and they came out just as tasty.

For the meat: 1 lb ground pork or ground sausage, salt, pepper, 1/2 raw egg beaten (or dump in a whole egg + some breadcrumbs), 2 tbsp smoked paprika, and some italian spices. Mix it all together.

For the eggs: Boil them with vinegar (5 eggs boiling) for 10-12 minutes, run under very cold water to cool to the touch, and peel.

For the dredging: Breadcrumbs (any style at all)

For the cooking: A pan lined with foul and a rack on top so the eggs are lifted from the pan itself, sprayed with pam so the rack is easier to clean after. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Divide the meat into 5 sections and cover them with the meat until they're baseball sized-ish and fairly even. Roll them heavily in bread crumbs, and set on the rack. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the sausage is completely cooked and the outside is crispy shake-and-bake style.

It's much less messy than fried scotch eggs, less scary, and they tasted incredible and were super filling with some spicy mustard and salt/pepper mix.

question on the vinegar is it straight vinegar or water + vinegar. cuz boiled vinegar smells like sweaty gym socks and doesn't make sense.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
question on the vinegar is it straight vinegar or water + vinegar. cuz boiled vinegar smells like sweaty gym socks and doesn't make sense.

:laugh: Yeah, you just put about 2 tbsp of vinegar into the pot of water and it helps make the eggs easy to peel.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It turns out pretty good as long as you have a rack :) I was pretty nervous about them but they were great. Just remember the paprika turns the meat reddish, so don't get alarmed if it looks "undone" as a result when you cut them open

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
raw meat never scared me, pffft i laugh in the face of food poisoning than i get sick and throw up. maybe not tonight i can't find my list making thing atm. actually i have never gotten food poisoning.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Pumpkin Bacon Pancakes:

Step 1. Make Trader Joe's/any other brand of pancake mix ever pumpkin pancake and waffle mix from box directions and set aside.
Step 2. Get a good nonstick spray and pan. Get a second pan and about 1-2 lbs of bacon, cut the bacon slices in half, and start cooking it all up.. trying to keep the bacon as straight as possible by either flattening it with the back end of a spatula a minute on each cooking side while it's soft or just poking at it constantly like I did.
Step 3. Drain the bacon and let it cool off a bit. Crispier bacon is better because chewy bacon will tend to pull out of the pocket versus crunching pieces off.
Step 4. That non-stick sprayed pan gets medium low (or pancake) heat, and the bacon pieces get dipped into the batter. Then use a small measuring cup (like a 1/4th cup with a spout on it) and pour a bacon-sized-and-shaped blob of pancake batter into the pan, and press the dipped bacon piece on top.
Step 5. Cook like a normal pancake. Repeat steps 4-5 like a bazillion times.
Step 6. Eat what you want, and let the other ones cool completely and then freeze them on a cookie sheet about 2-3 hours and transfer them into a ziplock baggie.
Step 7. Reheat in a toaster oven or toaster on higher settings than you would bread (think of it like a toaster strudel sort of reheating, you want the middle to be warm) whenever you want bacon pancakes. :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Lots of things on the roster for thanksgiving. This is the first year I won't be planning the meal myself, and instead just attending someone else's plan. Part of me thinks its awesome... part of me is a little worried over nonsense like: what if they don't bring sufficient whipped cream for the pies? What if they overcook the ham?

Anyways, I have my list of stuff to bring:
A pickle and cheese platter - Im decking this baby out with cornichons, okra, olives, dill, spicy korean mixed pickled veggies, 2 cream cheese based dips and 2 picked cheeses from TJs.
Egg nog and Mead
Cranberry sauce - which I will be making with port again this year for the intense flavor
Aaand chocolate pie - my infamous one (created by some smart soccer mom online) with tofu and guittard chocolate and a bucket of cool whip to go with it

It is going to be a crazy big thanksgiving for sure.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Green smoothie concentrates:
- Mini muffin tin or silicone ice cube trays... like a few of those things.
- A 2:1 ratio of greens to fruit.. so 2 loose handfuls of greens like spinach, romaine lettuce, and kale mixture to 1 cup of packed fruit
- A container of something sweet.. I used a mix of orange juice, milk, and so delicious egg nog
- If you want other shit.. like soaked chia seeds, or flax seeds, or like that cocoa powder stuff. I used coco complete since my boyfriend's had it sitting there forever, and date sugar

Basically, put the dry stuff in the blender and start it up. Slowly pour the liquid in the top until it starts to blend well on its own. Then run it for long enough so that all the chunks of stuff are cut down to bits. Pour the thick mixture into ice cube trays or muffin tins (if you use regular muffin tins you can either blend them again, or you can cut them after they're frozen into smaller pieces) and freeze solid. Then put into a zip lock baggie or container, and that's pretty much it. You just stick the pieces into water (that's why you use some other liquid at the beginning part) and shake them up when they've defrosted a bit, and drink. No loud noisy blender necessary first thing in the morning.

Green soup:
This is very difficult soup to make. For the ingredients, go to the store, and ask yourself: Is this green? .. If the answer is yes, it probably belongs in this soup. Pick all your favorite green things! Spinach in soup, you say? Yes! What about this odd weird thing that's green called celery bulb that has some white on it too? Who cares, throw it in! What if I can't handle spicy food? One jalapeno won't break a whole thing of soup!
There's part one: the boiling part... celery, bell pepper, zucchini, leeks, green onion, you name it.. if it's a hardier piece of something it belongs in the boiling part. Mix it with some spices of choice, veggie broth, and water. I also used already-squeezed lemons and boiled them to extract some of the lemony goodness. The spices really make the soup, so be generous and use what you like. I just used an italian blend with some salt and pepper because I always add cream and hot sauce to my finished soups so it's okay for me that they start off bland.
Part two: The blending part. If you have other stuff like spinach, kale, cucumber, or softer green pieces, this is where they come in. As you're blending soup up, drop a handful of the softer greens into the blender and go. Keep piecing it this way. You can also drop the softer bits in for the last minute or two of boiling to let them wilt a bit as well. This will make the soup a nice, vibrant green color, and make it all nice and smooth too.
Part three: There is no part three! Eat that shit! I did divide the soup up and freeze portions of it and stuff like that, but it's done son!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Three reasons why the nutribullet is probably something I want to invest in (again):

- It works as a grinder/miller. Seriously, one of the best for making those weird vegan-y "just make a crust out of all of this shit! :D" recipes. It also makes things like homemade chicken fry seasoning a lot more seamless and better all around.
- It makes some of the smoothest smoothies ever. Crunchy smoothies just suck. They do. They aren't bad.. but they aren't great either. A fresh, bright, green spinach-banana-mango smoothie is just awesome when it's all seamless.
- It is small and fairly cheap. I'll catch one at the flea market eventually. I think feb is a good time to catch the early new-me quitters from January.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Hm. If you can use one as a food processor too, then maybe I want to invest in one too. :thinking:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
^ Hm. If you can use one as a food processor too, then maybe I want to invest in one too. :thinking:

i love love love my food processor great for grating tons of cheese and making an awesome hollandaise and other things and pie dough. and bunch of other things. oh and chopping large amounts of carots, celery, and onions. basically its really nice to have

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Yeah I have this processor and I love it to death because the scrapper on the side makes things 1000% easier.

Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach 70730 Bowl Scraper Food Processor: Kitchen & Dining

And I am ordering this guy because he's cheaper than a nutribullet and I have prime so if it does break (some reviews are not happy about early defects) I can return it super easily and exchange it. Nutribullet, for what its worth, has trouble keeping clean and sometimes the bearings breaking as well.. but it is also easy to exchange with amazon.

Amazon.com: BELLA 13984 Rocket Extract Pro Personal Blender: Electric Personal Size Blenders: Kitchen & Dining

My parents have a nutribullet and its worked for years and they loved it and I used it all the time when I cooked. It really was a bit convenient to have screw on lids and stuff to make a smoothie and then run off with it.

The biggest things to remember:
1. It's upside down. So a not-tight-enough lid means a disaster on the first go around.
2. NEVER EVER EVER overfill it. I always put it well under the fill line. Trust me, you don't want to know what happens when you overfill it. (Yes you do, it leaks and the bearings and machine get all messed up.)

... that's pretty much it.

Anyways. :) On to a review!

I made sugar free 'fudge' the other day with this recipe.

3 Ingredient Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Fudge

The results: Add far more peanut butter. The 1-1 ratio meant it was... oily feeling and tasting. Instead of creamy and thick and rich and decadent it turned out pretty hard and oil tasting. The coconut definitely comes through so you have to like coconut to begin with. In the end, I think if you added more peanut butter it would balance it out... maybe a 1 1/2 - 1 ratio for a smoother, softer experience. Luckily, this is easy to melt down and try again with so I'm going to give the recipe another go.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Creating my meal plan for the week! Cleaned the fridge out and organized it to see what I had.

I'm going to eat up the pre-made oatmeal this week for breakfasts. I have a ton of it I got cheap, so I'll dwindle down the cabinet this way.
Lunch is going to be sandwiches with a soup. I have ham from Christmas that I aim to chop up and freeze, with just enough for sandwiches for the week. I have soup already cooked because YAY silicone dishes + a deep freezer! I've got some roasted brussel sprouts I'll be using in lieu of lettuce because I have a bunch leftover from Christmas.
Dinner:
- Pork tenderloin for 2 nights + sweet potatoes and steamed veggies tossed in sauce.
- A ham-and-cheese quiche with broccoli, peppers, onion, and potato hash for two nights.
- Leftover Gumbo for 2 nights.
- And probably at least one meal that's just simply a frozen dinner I have in there.

For snacks I'm going to eat up the cabinets I currently have.. breakfast biscuits, pocky-style savory sticks, more random bread-based stuff, etc.

And next week:
- Slow cooker chili with the ham bone from Christmas for 2 nights.. I'm adapting this recipe: Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili (Crockpot Recipe) | SunnySideUps
- Sausage, salad, and steamed vegetables for 2 nights
- Leftover soup my bf cooked with cabbage, pork sausage, and tomato
- And another frozen or instant meal planned, or leftovers if they're available

Lunch will probably change gears and be a giant rice stir fry I make and split into 7 dishes.

With, again, snacks coming from the cabinet to eat them down.

After that week, I'll have a better blender for smoothies and I'll re-organize then. :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsYnirLq41w

A recipe I want to try. I'm actually a fan of many of this girl's recipes.. despite the fact I think she's spreading an awful over arching message (fully raw diets are not practical, particularly more healthy, and are stupid expensive to maintain) I think she's got good intentions, is pretty chill (she's not a cut-throat omg-you-eat-meat-you're-not-allowed-in-my-club type), and has awesome recipes at times like a pretty good fake wine juicing recipe that was pretty damn good.

Tumeric-flavored zucchini noodles :) sounds pretty tasty to me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsYnirLq41w

A recipe I want to try. I'm actually a fan of many of this girl's recipes.. despite the fact I think she's spreading an awful over arching message (fully raw diets are not practical, particularly more healthy, and are stupid expensive to maintain) I think she's got good intentions, is pretty chill (she's not a cut-throat omg-you-eat-meat-you're-not-allowed-in-my-club type), and has awesome recipes at times like a pretty good fake wine juicing recipe that was pretty damn good.

Tumeric-flavored zucchini noodles :) sounds pretty tasty to me.

if she did cut your throat their'd be no point in her being vegan

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Pumpkin oatmeal I made this morning, because there aren't enough recipes all over the internet.

- 2 cups oats
- 3 1/2 cups water.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 3 bananas, sliced thin
- If you have a whisk attachment for a hand blender, 2-3 eggs whisked
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- Date paste if you want it sweeter
- Pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds :) my favorite trader joe's seasonal item
- 1 french vanilla tea bag

Steep boiling water in the tea bag. Add to the oats and cook the oats as usual. If you have an awesome whisk, slowly add eggs into the mix whisking constantly so they don't clump up once the oats are nearly cooked. Yay cheap protein! Do the same with the sliced bananas and date paste, although you can add them in all at once. Then mix in the rest besides the seeds which you will sprinkle on top. Voila!

This makes about a week's worth, so basically you can freeze what you don't eat into oversized muffin tins and pop into the microwave whenever you want a serving.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Slow cooker apple cobbler stuff:

In the bottom of the cooker:
- 9 large apples cut up
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4th cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg

After
- Vanilla cake box
- Butter and/or applesauce

Cook on high for 3-4 hours, with an occasional stir here and there. When the apples are all soft and gooeyish, dump on top a box of vanilla cake mix and then pour 1/2 stick melted butter or 1 cup warmed up applesauce or any combination of the two on top. Do not stir, let it cook again for 2-3 hours.

Top with coconut cream because that stuff is the best evar. Also, don't look at the sugar content. Ever.

Last edited:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I don't know what to call this. Triscuit varieties?

Method 1:
- Sweet potato and onion triscuits
- Babybel spreadable pepperjack cheese wedge
- Maille Dijon mustard, a good spicy one
- Deli meat

Method 2:
- Cream cheese
- A sprinkle of vanilla sugar
- A dab of pepper jelly
- Sweet glazed ham pieces