• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you a hoarder or a minimalist?

Hoarder or Minimalist?

• Total voters

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definitely a MINIMALIST. Drives my poor InTP husband bonkers...I throw shit away - he takes it out again!!!!! He questions me every time I throw something away. I want to just kick his byte when he's like that. :blush:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'd say hoarder. I find a lot of things unique, interesting, or inspirational, and I tend to surround myself in things that I like. I do have spurts of "I don't really need any of this stuff... or I don't like this anymore.." sort of things, where I give away, sell, minimize, etc. But I can't say I'm a minimalist when my room is neatly compacted with anything and everything.

Seriously, who else but me needs a mint-condition copy of Hero's Quest? :doh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hoarder I swear everytime I throw something out because I don't think I'll ever use it, it's exactly what I need. and it's annoying to realize if you had saved that you would be set but nooo now you have to drag your ass to the store.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
hoarder I swear everytime I throw something out because I don't think I'll ever use it, it's exactly what I need. and it's annoying to realize if you had saved that you would be set but nooo now you have to drag your ass to the store.

Same. When I moved I adopted a zero tolerence military operation (well, almost) and got rid of a few things that would be handy.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I voted 'hoarder' but I don't really think of myself as one. My space is quite cluttered, and I've got tons of old crap I don't need anymore, but that's more because I don't care enough about having a neat space to do anything about it. It's not that I intentionally hold onto things or have a sentimental attachment to old stuff.

An exception is books. If I read a book I like, I want to keep it. I want to read the parts I that engaged me over and over, to have them available. I've been that way since I was a child, and my mother never understood it. She'd always say, "You've already read them. What do you need them around for?" And I don't understand why people would get rid of books they like. I can't imagine not having a shelf full of them.