• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Easy Recipes

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
the other night i had marinated some chicken in some Allegro seasoning and put it in the oven.
The plan was to have the boneless skinless chicken, some rice a roni (chicken flavored) a side salad and ranch style beans.
After the chicken was done, i got a pregnant craving type thing to just mix it all together. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and added the rice, the beans some lettuce and a little bit of a ranch dressing and it was delightful. After my boyfriend had saw what i had done and teased me for it, he did the same thing.
It was kind of like a chipotle burrito bowl.

anyway, it was easy to make. heh

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius decides to wait patiently for Shimpei to tell him some nice not-so-easy recipes.:coffee:

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
Since I've now seen just how amazingly easy hard boiled eggs are to make, I'll probably be making a lot more of them now. (It wasn't the type of food described in the original post, but it does seem like something to write down.)

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I've recently been teaching someone how to cook who didn't know how to do anything. Anyway, I suggest two things. I have a cook book called 5-ingredient recipes that would be right up a beginners alley perhaps something like that could help. Two is look down your soup aisle at the grocery. On the back of the can they generally have really, really simple recipes you could look into. Here is one of mine that is super simple not to mention inexpensive.

Easy chicken stroganoff
1 can cream of mushroom soup undiluted (cream of chicken if you don't like mushrooms)
1 small container sour cream (8 oz. though I like a bit more generally)
1 small pkg wide egg noodles
1 small can sliced mushrooms undrained (can be omitted if you don't like them)
1-2 boneless skinless chicken breast OR canned chicken OR leftover rotisserie chicken

Get your water boiling for your noodles, adding a heavy dash of salt to the water. Cook your chicken...if using boneless skinless cube then saute sprinkling with salt and pepper for about 6-8 minutes until no longer pink. In a small saucepan over low heat put your soup, sour cream and mushrooms until warm. Do not boil. Cook your noodles right before serving draining well. Add your chicken to the hot soup mixture. (If you skipped the mushrooms it will be a little thick but still good or it can be thinned.)Serve this over your hot noodles.

You will be impressed with how rich and easy this dish is to make. Congrats on your hard-boiled eggs.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ooo I might have to try the stroganoff, that looks really easy. Something I could do drunk or asleep.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
This is mainly an attempt to get as many ideas as possible for foods that can be made by just throwing ingredients on a a pot/pan/baking sheet, and heating and stirring. (Or some combination of the above.).

k, grab a flying pan, throw in some oil, chop up some fruit in season, add kale and other greens, add nicely flavoured couscous, mix, add raisins, add bits of old nuts, sprinkle any herbs you got growing around(dandelions from the weed garden if your feeling lazy to go shopping) cook for a minute, and SCOFF ON:party2:
oh and bubble and squeek, oh thats just left over sunday dinner thrown in a frying pan.....yumm....
but if you want sushi.....fry rice in pan, get nori seaweed(grill it for minute) wrap up rice, stick creatively bits of food on top, add pickled ginger, shoyu, wasabi, chill in fridge for a bit, and party:D

Ms. M

MBTI Type
INTJ
I got this out of the coupon section ages ago, and it's a staple around here. Served with the Ore-Ida potato wedges - yum!

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lb.)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 pkg. (3.5 oz.) Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped red or green pepper

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Arrange chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish.

DRIZZLE with 1 Tbsp. of the lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Top with cheese; drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice.

BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with red/green pepper.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Baked Salsa Chicken Recipe
Ingredients:
4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1 jar Salsa, your favorite brand
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons sour cream

Directions:

Place chicken in a 8x8 baking dish. Cover with salsa. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

Top with cheese and broil during last 5 minutes of baking time to brown cheese.

Garnish with sour cream and more salsa. Serve with corn or flour tortillas.

Salsa%20Chicken.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Baked Salsa Chicken Recipe
Ingredients:
4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1 jar Salsa, your favorite brand
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons sour cream

Directions:

Place chicken in a 8x8 baking dish. Cover with salsa. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

Top with cheese and broil during last 5 minutes of baking time to brown cheese.

Garnish with sour cream and more salsa. Serve with corn or flour tortillas.

Salsa%20Chicken.jpg
I tried this last night. Very yummy. Of course I did one chicken breasts but so easy and so tasty. The chicken tasted perfect not to done and and not too raw either.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I tried this last night. Very yummy. Of course I did one chicken breasts but so easy and so tasty. The chicken tasted perfect not to done and and not too raw either.
Oh good! I'm glad you liked it. :)

Another quicky meal-
Rotisserie chicken (any flavor, usually found at your local grocery store)
Pepperidge Farm herb flavored stuffing made with chicken broth instead of water. (takes minutes to make)
Chicken or Turkey gravy- Canned or powdered. We use Bisto from the UK. :alttongue:
Pillsbury (or local store brand) crescent rolls

retail_products_rotisserie.jpg
bisto_chicken.jpg
pepperidgeP20farmP20herbP20seasonedP20stuffingP20mix_(medium)%5Bekm%5D400x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg
doughboy.gif

This can also substitute for the lazy ass persons Thanksgiving feast. :D

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'm currently trying to teach myself to be a good pasta chef. I read recipes and take note of recipes I eat to learn. I don't have alot of different ingredients right now (I'm 16 and I don't buy my own food), but I find a good speghetti and meatball recipe goes like this:

Speghetti (how ever much you need)
Tomato sauce (I use anything from the most basic, plain, canned sauce, to imported tomato sauce with different flavours. This morning, I used the basic canned tomato sauce)
Garlic (Take a leaf of garlic and cut it up into the smallest bits possible)
Onion (do the same thing with this as you do with garlic. The onion is more optional as far as I'm concerned)
Parmesan cheese
Meatballs (I just get frozen italian style meatballs at the grocery store personally)
Hot sauce (I don't like it too hot so I get Frank's Red Hot Original)

Put the meatballs in the oven and let them cook. Meanwhile, cook the speghetti. Take a pot/pan and heat it up at a fairly low heat and pour in the tomato sauce and the garlic and onion bits. Turn the heat up to medium heat untill it bubbles and stir it. When the meatballs are done, cover them in Frank's Red Hot sauce. Now mix the speghetti in the sauce and put the meatballs on top.

Yah, I know, very basic, but very good. The garlic in the sauce of the pasta itself is a good flavour, and the slightly spicy meatballs are a good counter flavour. Taking a bit of the speghetti and eating it with a meatball is very satisfying, especially when you made it yourself.

Thats all I have to add to this, so far.

Any tips for other good pasta recipes?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Jen's salsa chicken is also easy in the crockpot- just cover the chicken with salsa and cook 'til done. AWESOME over jasmine rice.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm a crappy cook- I mostly just "assemble." Some of my standbys, from whick I mix & match as desired:

Baked beans, vegetarian

Yams

Frozen veggies steamed in the microwave- "California mix" (cauliflower, broccoli, & carrots) is good with a baked potato, and that's a meal once a week or so here

Canned green beans cooked Southern-style (aka "cooked to death"-- drain out most of the water from a big-ass can, put in a pan with a couple teaspoons of oil, a generous sprinkling of salt, and a slightly more generous sprinkling of sugar)

Jasmine rice, curry powder, garbanzo beans, nice with a green salad

I have a weakness for chicken pot pie, but it's more work than I like to do for dinner most of the time, so I'll take frozen veggies (potatoes, carrots, peas, whatevr else) and a chicken breast, boil them 'til they're tender, drain, and throw them in a refrigerated piecrust with a can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup and a little milk.

I also use the crockpot a lot. I sometimes make barbecue chicken in it with several of those frozen breasts, a cup of vinegar, a half cup of water, and a bit of salt & sugar. Cook that until it's tender, then lift the chicken out and shred it with a fork. Mix some of the vinegary fluid left in the pot with tomato sauce or barbecue sauce, and then mix that back in with the chicken. Makes good sandwiches with coleslaw, much healthier than pulled pork BBQ.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a recipe for a victoria sponge cake that I've used since I was old enough to know what cake was:
6oz self raising flour
6oz caster sugar
6oz butter/margarine
3 eggs
1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder

stick it all in a bowl and mix together (an electric mixer is best) then when it's nice and smooth stick the mixture in two round greased cake tins and put it in the oven for about 20mins (try not to check on it like very minute cos that'll make it sink). Remove from oven, let it cool adn then put some jam on top of one bit and put it together like a sandwich, then drizzle some icing on top :wubbie: it's heaven :D

edit: to make it vanilla just put in a couple of drops of vanilla essence, to make it chocolate replace 2oz of the flour with 2oz of cocoa powder or drinking chocolate :D

Last edited: