• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Liquor

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
i have gone back to Laphroaig lately, after not having drank any in a while.
why did i ever stop drinking it?? best scotch in the world. it's so goddamn smoky. it's like drinking a campfire.

You my good fellow, knows about your whiskeys! Excellent one.

I'm going to my very first nosing and tasting this sunday! I'll let you all know how awesome it was!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Got a bottle of Jefferson's from my roommate for my Bday.

s8618.jpg

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
nice. have you tried Sazerac? not the mixed drink sazerac - there is a rye whiskey called Sazerac. i think it is a little bit more expensive than Jim Beam? i haven't had any recently, though.

Yes, another very nice 6-yo rye whiskey. More expensive than the Rittenhouse though.

i have gone back to Laphroaig lately, after not having drank any in a while.
why did i ever stop drinking it?? best scotch in the world. it's so goddamn smoky. it's like drinking a campfire.

laphroaig.jpg

I'll have to give it a try. My latest find in the scotch world is Talisker, which is very nice. Have you tried Oban?

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I just made my own almost-neutral vodka from a pear mash. Hint of pear, very smooth ;)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh, Scotch! Yummie!

Talisker and Johnnie Walker Black Label

If I were stranded on a desert island, I'd want Black Label and Captn' Morgans Spiced Rum!

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um... I like a few....And by few, I mean pretty much everything. I'm more of a liquor/wine girl than beer girl. I blame it on the limited volume my stomach can hold... So props for the thread.

I like vodka. A lot. Belvedere and Grey Goose are some favorites, but I like several more.

Favorite Tequila: Herradura Anejo - Probably some of the best liquor I've ever had.

Love Scotch and Cognac. Don't really have a favorite Scotch... Any 12-year+ single malt, I guess. Glenlivet, maybe...Or Johnnie Walker Black. Cognac? I really like Hennessy VSOP. Mmmm... :drool:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meee too...
I thought I was the only one.
People think i'm crazy.
Watered down whiskey is disgusting.

Agreed.... although it depends on how good the whiskey is. Sh*tty whiskey is definitely on the rocks for me. Or shot. If I don't get a say in the whiskey, at least.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
My latest find in the scotch world is Talisker, which is very nice. Have you tried Oban?

Talisker is great. it's in the same general area as Laphroaig. i think i have tried Oban, but i can't remember it. maybe i haven't tried it.

Have you tried Adberg or Lagavulin? those are both excellent. they are both very earthy like Laphroaig.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
oh, Scotch! Yummie!

Talisker and Johnnie Walker Black Label

If I were stranded on a desert island, I'd want Black Label and Captn' Morgans Spiced Rum!

Are you kidding me? Black Label is horrible stuff. The Green Label may cost more, but is actually worth it's money.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Over the past week I've been working on a bottle of 15 year old Glenfidich single malt scotch. I'm just hoping my grandmother doesn't find the bottle when she comes by to visit or I'll have to let her have some...

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Talisker is great. it's in the same general area as Laphroaig. i think i have tried Oban, but i can't remember it. maybe i haven't tried it.

Have you tried Adberg or Lagavulin? those are both excellent. they are both very earthy like Laphroaig.

Haven't tried either of those. There's a great beer bar near me (The Brick Store Pub, if you're familiar with Atlanta) that has an impressive array of single malts. I have been steadily working my way through the list. I'll see if they have either of these. I recall they have the Laphroaig but I haven't tried it yet.

My latest acquisition. Cask strength 18-yo unfiltered, straight rye whiskey-- 129 proof! This stuff is unbelievably good.

2297266841_97fee22806.jpg

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
now I'm a bit confused/guessing their is an americanisim going on...

When you say liquor you mean spirits...?
As opposed to liqueur?

If it's the former I use to be good at those...
Pernoid (great in stella alrger, or on it's own)
Absyneth (green fairy)
I use to do this mix thing with vodka, blue bols, brandy and OJ and lemonate - turns lime green, you can only have 1 or 2 of them....
Black Russian (wasn't a personal fav)
Brandy
Gin (although only once, and never again)
Bicardy (can't drink that any more)
Wiskey (again can't drink that any more)
Vodka (only drink as a mixer)
Dark rum (can't drink that any more - post a wild holiday in Barbadose)

liqueur
Sambuca
Melon (really easy drink)
Baileys (hate that)
Creme de Menthe
Creme de Cassis
Chartreuse - Green or yellow (got to try this one to beleive it, green tastes a bit like sage)... how to drink it below XX
Cointreau
Advocat (if you are into that thing)
Amaretto - so chirtmassy
Drambuie
Blue Curacao Liqueur
Grand marnier

eek I'm gonna stop... can I PLEASE point out that liqueur you drink one, once in a while not a a regular occurance, but every restaurant suggests different ones hence the list is going to get impossibly long...

:D

Actually if I'm totalyl honest, both these lists could be doubled very easily... Just put it down to me being European....

Maybe a good idea to also point out I don't really drink at all these days...

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I haven't actually tried it with Southern Comfort, but lately I've been enjoying this with my whiskey:

southerncomforteggnog.jpg

And by itself too. I'm not normally a big fan of eggnog but this stuff is pretty damn good.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I tried Red Stag recently. It was actually pretty damn good despite being endorsed by Kid Rock.

Of course, no whiskey will ever compare to Jameson.

Also, black label is what I drink when I want some more chest hair.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
bg_bookers.jpg

I switch to this (126 proof) barrel strength beauty when the shit hits the fan and I really need some consolation.