• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

247,5697 square feet and a bunch of ideas

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm moving into an unfurnished apartment of 248 square feet. That might seem like a reasonable size for a one bedroom apartment, for one tiny woman. I'd say it all depends on the construction plan. Whoever designed my apartment must have been in a hurry (or an ESFP ;)).

I've attached the (selfdrawn) construction plan. As you can see the hallway is unnecessarily long, and the bathroom unnecessarily big, shrinking the rest of the room.

I have a bunch of ideas as to how I want to decorate the room, but the space is limited and the design's fucked up.

Help me maximize the space, make full use of every inch of the apartment and create a humble abode.

I want:
- Efficient, practical and elegant solutions.
I don't want:
- Useless clutter that's only there to fill some space. I'd rather that space's empty. I don't want to feel like I'm walking into a collideoscope everytime I come home.

Don't worry too much about details, such as color or exact size.

Appreciate any doable ideas!

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I have more questions than answers. :D

Is the kitchen area basically just one counter against the wall then? Do you want a table to eat at?

Does the decorating include new furniture?

Are you ok with using a temporary bed which stows away for the day?

What are your tastes in art and architecture? Do you like nature, technology, history....?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Something I scetched

attachment.php

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not sure if this will help but here. It should all work based on the measurements. But it wouldn't if the 248 sq ft included the bathroom and storeroom.
Plan.jpg

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Thanks guy! What do you think about this solution? I'm basically trying to create walls and some separation/dividing up. I'm thinking this would be nice, except that it might decrease the whole space.

Also, how do you get the image to show in the post and not as an attached file?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
-Copy the link location from your attached image
-Insert image
-Give the link you just copied as the target of the image url