• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extinct

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
What is your favourite extinct animal?

Mine is the Entelodonts, demon pigs from hell.

entelodont1.jpg

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Titanis Walleri, Terror Bird

Looks like a chocobo, doesn't it. Except it was meaner! :D

368424019_8dcbda922e_o.jpg

And the Thylacine:

tigre-tasmania.jpg

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Man, I could never pick just one. Good choice on the entelodonts, though. It is interesting to think that once, giant birds, pig ancestors, and goat ancestors were the apex predators. I tell you, when the creodonts and carnivorans came around, it shook the world. :rockin:

Anyhow. My first entry is the chalicotherium.

evi_chalicothere_large.jpg

Chalicothere.jpg

3359867749_c0d4cea3b5.jpg

Horse, or gorilla?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ummmm, HELLO!!!

Saber Tooth Tiger, anyone? :coffee:

large_20080307-10000bc-sabretothedtiger.jpg

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm kind of swinging wide here, but I submit to you, theriodonts.

Naturally, mammals and reptiles have a commons ancestor a ways back, but you might be surprised at just how closely related the two are. The result is that there were some animals that, while more closely related to mammals, had a remarkable amount of reptilian qualities. Animals like the theriodonts.

800px-Gorgonops_whaitsii1.jpg

800px-Moschorhinus_DB.jpg

Cynognathus_BW.jpg

Thrinaxodon_BW.jpg

I just love how freaky these things are. They kind of dig into their own version of the uncanny valley.

800px-Pristeroognathus_DB.jpg

750px-Inostrancevia_4DB.jpg

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Neanderthal_child.jpg

Jesus Christ... the Neanderthal by a zillion trillion miles! Imagine how different our world would be if they were still in existence.

Edit: Speaking of the Christmeister, would Christians classify a Neanderthal as an animal? If not, why did god decide they need no longer exist? Oh, wait, the earth is 5,000 years old. Does that mean they believe the fossils are fake, or just not as old? Gosh, this is confusing, I'm so glad I'm not religious.

Qre:us

Those two are pretty darn cool!!!

It's gotta be the Dodo. I mean...talk about charisma.

:wubbie:

Ladies and gentlemen, for your :sick: factor, if you thought centipedes made you squeamish, and can't wait to squish them, take a gander at these mofos and be thankful we live in another time, cuz there's no human foot or tissue big enough:

Arthropleura

Arthropleura.jpg

arthropleura.jpg

/end shudders

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah. I was going to post the centipede ancestor, Q, but I didn't remember what it was called. :)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The enigmatic and impressively equipped therizinosaurus.

075_i_therizinosaurus_che_p.jpg

050604143903_Therizinosaurus4.jpg

therizinosaurus_cheloniformis2-web.gif

Therizinosaurus_scale.png