• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Coffee... PANCAKES. COFFEE CINNAMON PANCAKES. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S GOING TO TASTE LIKE, IT'S LITERALLY IN THE MAKING RIGHT NOW

UPDATE: THIS THING LOOKS LIKE GANACHE

UPDATE 2: Oh my god. The crunch and the coffee goes so well. The softness is almost like I'm cutting into a block of chocolate, but it's a sweet coffee surprise mixed with just a little hint of cinnamon. Surprisingly not too bread-ey the way pancakes usually are for some reason. It literally feels like a biscuit with some kind of solid cream in the middle. Holy.

UPDATE 3: Just a bit more melted butter then topped with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with just a tidbit more cinnamon would go so well with this, as well as some kind of bitter chocolate biscuit or some dark chocolate shavings to balance everything out.

UPDATE 4: Black tea.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Made garlic lime cod the recipe I came up with is as followed

2 cod fillets
6-7 cloves of garlic (minced)
4 tbs butter
Couple shakes of red pepper flakes
2 limes
Salt and pepper

In a skillet over medium heat melt butter

saute garlic in butter until fragrant.

Add red pepper flakes saute 20 to 30 seconds

Add the cod cook 3 minutes per side. As the first side is cooking squeeze half a lime over a fillet repeat with the other fillet. Season with salt and pepper

Flip fish. Repeat as above

Put on plates when done. Spoon the butter mixture over the fish.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Tuna melt in a pita NOMNOMNOM..
the biggest question is dinner..
should I do a sausage and rice casserole
Chicken bacon wraps
Chicken cacciatore

jamain

MBTI Type
IST_
Nothing! I hate cooking and I know I need to do better.
I skipped breakfast, zapped a corndog in the microwave for lunch, and then my husband and I ate dinner out.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Steak, baked potato with rice vinegar and cottage cheese, green peas.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
9b7a346f94336882f80e671274483feb.jpg

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I re-heated an Arby's roast beef in the toaster. :yes:

...and that's all I'm doing today.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have any pictures but I made vegan brownies with dates, almond meal, egg replacer and cocoa powder... so fudgey yumm

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Tonight, I am making a rich and buttery bourbon maple syrup glazed salmon served alongside broccoli and zucchini with fresh ramps, paired with a Sauvignon Blanc I've not had before.

I know. ;)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Vegetable broth to use for Mexican rice for a vegan potluck on Friday. The recipe specified chicken broth which is definitely not vegan. Can't see myself going vegan, but I appreciate the opportunity to learn how to make broth. The broth was very sweet...I may add additional fresh thyme when I make the rice.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tuesday is my sole day of kitchen craft (the other days are days of the in many ways superior microwave craft [which I suppose is a form of kitchen craft if your microwave happens to be in the kitchen, as most microwaves are. But I consider them different things]). On this particular Tuesday, I found myself assisting in the concoction of none other than bratwursts, made for the birthday of a fine acquaintance of mine. They turned out splendidly, much like everything else I involve myself with. We even put little slices of peppers on them.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
First day in a while I've felt like cooking.

I made Fried rice ( Quinoa) and Panco salmon.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chicken Escalope.. It is so yum, quick and easy that makes me want to share the recipe for whoever interested, and excuse my English :blush:

Ingredients:

2 pounds fresh chicken breasts
2 tbs white vinegar
1 ts salt
1ts paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 onion powder
1/2 garlic powder

For the crust:
1 cup flour
3 medium size eggs
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Pinches of salt, black pepper, and paprika

And of course vegetables oil..

Instructions:

Cut the chicken breasts into thinner pieces, then beat them with a mallet (you sandwich the chicken breast between two nylon sheets to protect it from fragmenting)
Mix the vinegar+salt+black pepper+ paprika+onion powder+garlic powder into a bowl and soak the chicken breasts in this mixture for 15 minutes..
Prepare 2 plates one for the flour and the other for bread crumbs..
Prepare a bowl for beaten eggs
Add pinches of salt+black pepper+paprika to both eggs and bread crumbs

Take each piece of chicken breast, and cover it first with flour, then with the eggs then the bread crumbs..
Heat some oil in a deep frying pan (make sure it’s really hot) on a high temperature, then gently place those pieces, leave it for few minutes on each side..
Place the pieces on a drying paper or on a grate to get rid of the excess oil

And that’s it! :D