• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
a greek pizza type thing

has potatoes roasted with lemon juice olive oil dill and parseley,feta,tomatoes,garlic,parmasean, and have some tzaki to put on it while eating. and though is pita dough.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I made these yesterday:

Healthy 30 Minute Sriracha Teriyaki Meatball Bowls - Baker by Nature

and dear sweet baby Jesus were they amazing. :heart: I will make these all the time from now on.

(substituted quinoa for rice and added sauteed kale so there'd be a green presence in my dinner)

Edit: This recipe is worth it just for the teriyaki sauce, which is, in my roommate's words "the real fucking deal". So if you don't eat meat, and you have a good vegetarian meatball recipe, then I'd recommend making those and adding the sauce to them.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Chicken kara-age, rice filled inarizushi, grated daikon and salad veg.

Kara-age is one of my favourite Japanese foods to cook, everyone should try it.

Fate

Cooked my first Mac and Cheese. It's OK, but I think it didn't taste how it should be. I obviously did something wrong.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
patty melt and fries

i didn't have any rye bread so i used normal bread.

and the fries are completely from scratch, and turned out delicious, i did the double frying method and added old bay everything is delicious. the fries set off the smoke alarm so i spent 5 minutes yelling at it, which is funny because the one time a few nights ago i accidently did start a fire the stupid thing didn't go off. So I couldn't figure out how to get it to shut the fuck up so i yelled at it that there's no fire and to shut up. then i realized i forgot to turn on the fan over the stove :doh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tonight I'm making soba noodle slaw, and baked oats w/apples and walnuts for the next 3-4 breakfasts.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't worry guys I promise I'm eating

20160226_160513-1.jpg

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Soooo many breakfast burritos. Ten of them. They are now in my freezer.

I have so much leftover bacon now.

Also, an oatmeal latte, which was not an unsuccessful experiment. Would make again.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Pseudo-Pilsner (was originally going to be an American Pale Ale, but I couldn't get the hops I wanted)

25 L recipe

Mash water: 15.5L @72C, add 1/2 tsp gypsum
5.85kg Pilsner Malt (2-Row)
150g Acidulated Malt
Mash @66C for 75 mins

Sparge water: 27.5L @72C, add 3/4 tsp gypsum

Boil for 90 mins
20g Pacific Jade @50 mins
30g Riwaka, 30g Wai-iti @20 mins
30g Riwaka, 30g Wai-iti @10 mins
Whirlfloc tablet @10 mins
30g Riwaka, 30g Wai-iti @1 min

2x Safale US-05 @18C, 2 weeks fermentation
Bottle carbonation for 2 weeks

OG 1.051, FG 1.012
Bitterness ratio: 0.892
Colour: 3.5 SRM

For advanced brewers - my Water Profile

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Last night I made pasta puttanesca with zucchini noodles, and fake cookie dough with white beans.

I learned three things from this experience:

1) Puttanesca sauce is amazing and so easy to make (anchovies --> no salt required)
2) Some healthy substitutes aren't depressing, but instead lead to results comparable to the original, only better b/c they don't put you into a coma afterwards
3) Spiralizers are so fun to use. Like those play-dough machines from when I was a kid.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I made nutella frozen yogurt today and it turned out to be pretty awesome... the man wanted to eat all of it and probably could have since it was pretty healthy! :laugh:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Baked broccoli with olives, cheese, egg and italian spice mix.
As a side dish I used salad with spice.

IMG_2018.jpg