• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

infjwatching

Chicken-fried bacon with creamy ranch dipping sauce

picture.php

Chicken-fried bacon with creamy ranch dipping sauce

Servings: Makes 2 pounds bacon

Creamy ranch dipping sauce

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

16 ounces sour cream

8 ounces mayonnaise

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1/4 cup minced red onion

2 tablespoons chopped parsley

2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon chopped chives

2 tablespoons chopped dill

2 tablespoons chopped tarragon

Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated or chopped

1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper

Fresh ground black pepper to taste

In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until very smooth. Whisk in the garlic, onion, parsley, chives, dill, tarragon, lemon zest, vinegar, salt and chipotle pepper. Season to taste with additional salt, vinegar and black pepper. Cover and chill until needed. The dip tastes best if the flavors are allowed to develop 2 to 3 hours before serving, and will keep for up to 3 days, refrigerated.

Chicken-fried bacon and assembly

6 cups flour

2 tablespoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 quart buttermilk

2 pounds bacon

Vegetable or canola oil for frying

Creamy ranch dipping sauce

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Place half of this mixture in a large, flat baking dish.
2. Pour half of the buttermilk in a separate large baking dish.
3. Dip each bacon strip first in the buttermilk, then in the seasoned flour. Set the bacon aside on a rack for a few minutes to allow the flour to absorb some of the buttermilk to form a good coating. For an extra crispy coating, dredge the bacon once more in just the flour mixture.
4. Heat a good inch of vegetable oil in a large frying pan (or in a deep fryer) until a thermometer inserted reads 350 degrees.
5. Fry the bacon, a few strips at a time (you don't want to crowd the pan or fryer), until the strips are golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Drain the bacon on a rack. Continue until all of the bacon is fried.
6. Serve the bacon warm (do allow it to cool a few minutes before serving as the hot bacon can burn) with the cold dipping sauce and plenty of napkins.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
dsc01811.jpg

Crab/spinach/onion/cheddar quiche.

Yes, crab, as in actually from a crab.

You may be jealous now :D

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yesterday I made gluten-free cookies for my friend. Chocolate chip cookies, they were very crispy. I just bought a mix from the store.

Loliz

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
6w7
I just made boxed Annie's mac and cheese with garlic and collard greens! Love it, always!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I DEMAND A RECIPE. *drools* :shock:

Quiche is generally pretty easy. You get a pie crust in 9" pan, you cook 1-1.5 cups of "stuff" that you want in the quiche (vegetable, meat), you sprinkle cheese on top, then you mix 4 eggs and 1.5 cups liquid (either cream or 2% milk, but for the love of God do not use skim!) and pour it on top. Put it in the oven at 325 for 40 minutes, and then let it set for 10, and you're done.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Based on Lark's mention of it in the Death Row meals thread, I HAD to make some Banoffi pie. It's toffee and banana pie with a coffee-flavored whipped cream topping. YUM.

banoffipie.jpg

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I cooked last night:

fried chicken, alsatian potato casserole, and tiny, green peas

Not cooking tonight...on feet-up bed rest (that's a hint for someone to bring me something out of the kindness of their cooking heart).

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
baby leaf green mix salad + semi sun dried tomatoes + avocado.
tarragon balsamic vinaigrette

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Playing hooky from bed rest...I made Italian sausages w/garlic, peppers, and onions, Ceasar salad (cheated on the dressing--bottled),and parmesan breadsticks (no cheating here, from scratch).

OMG--Ming Tsai just made some braised lamb shanks with clementine marmalade! And now he's fiddling around with this beautiful piece of pork belly--holy shi*--the man is making sandwiches out them!

*thud*

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A very large salad with mixed spring greens, red onion, bell peppers, kidney beans, and English cucumbers. Catalina dressing.

Oatmeal cookies w/ raisins (I was out of chocolate chips) for dessert.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sirloin steak, roasted garlic potatoes (ohh, much, much garlic), and stir-fried green beans.

Carbernet sauvignon et l'eau minerale.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Making some pineapple upsidedown cake and cookies! Random progress update pictures.

90328539.jpg

96159457.jpg

66503747.jpg

88075864.jpg

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I need to bake chocolate chip cookies and/or banana bread (I've got 4 pat-ripe bananas in my freezer!). It's been tooooo hot out to run turn the oven on, though!

But I really want some cookies.