• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Capsaicin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Surprise wontons are underway. I threw in batches of whatever I had in the fridge that might taste good to use up the wraps.

If you never hear from me again now you know what happened.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I used the power of the microwave and made that chili cheese dip. You know the one that is all processed food and probably give you a heart attack, with the velvetta and can of hormel chili

MBTI Type
INTJ
Upside down cakes.

Nectarine & Apricot:
nectarineupsidedowncakesmall_zps81fb903c.jpg

Banana:
bananaupsidedownsmall_zpsc7dfac75.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Spaghetti with bolognese (adapted from What to Cook and How to Cook it by Jane Hornby)
1 tbs light olive oul
1lb ground beef
2 onions
2 stalk celery
1 carrot
2 cloves garlic
1 handful fresh basil
2tbs tomato paste
1 bay leag
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1/3 cup water
2/3 cup mil
2 (14.5 oz can) chopped tomatoes (I use the 28 oz can)
salt and pepper

heat large pot (preferable dutch oven) over high heat, add oil, wait 30 seconds add meat, break meat up with spoon as it browns

once browne transfer meat to a bowl. Keep heat up to evaporate excess water

chop the onions, celery, carrot, and garlic in food processor you want it very fine

add vegetables cook until vegetables have soften

while vegetable cook, combine water and vinegar

return meat tear in basil, stir in tomato paste,bay leaf, vinegar,and water. simmer 2 minutes. stir in mil and tomatoes, plus scan't 1/2c water. season with salt and pepper

cover simmer 1.5 hours. check adjust seasonings if needed

cook spaghetti according to directions on box

combine sauce with pasta eat and enjoy

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"melt in your mouth" chicken. just greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and seasoned salt on chicken. baked. with a salad. dinner is served!

Lark

I really want to cook something I saw in Mens Health this month but it was like for uber weight lifter sorts and I guarantee would probably be bad for my health.

It was just a massive steak covered by two massive fried eggs on top.

Now since I cooked the Ramen Burger a while back this whole idea of egg + burger or egg + steak thing has been something I totally love, no idea who thought, hey, ja know what'd be great together, but it totally works. Its awesome.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pork and shrimp with napa cabbage and fried rice noodles.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
White Cake
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups self rising flour
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, add flour to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.

I don't know how good it will be I had limited stuff to work with but it's in the oven, hopefully it will be good

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Braised chicken with caramelized onions, thyme, rosemary and Gruyere cheese...a French onion soup meets chicken thighs...peas, and sourdough bread.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
making meatloaf and mashed potatoes with gravy and broccoli for dinner tonighy
20131102_183622.jpg
bacon wrapped meatloaf

Last edited:

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What can I make for dinner tonight?? What to do ... what to do ......

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing today, but I plan to make banana bread with chocolate chips in it tomorrow :3

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
iphone111413 956.jpg
Low Cal 4 Cheese & Loaded Veggie Flat Breads
(These are AMAZING, especially for "diet food". Sauteed fresh mushrooms, onions, olives, diced turkey pepperoni, very lean seasoned ground beef, and peppered bacon bits with several low cal cheeses)

iphone111413 954.jpg

Double Meat & Cheese Calzones w/whole wheat dough.
(The hubby is super happy with these since I made them for his lunches. He said he will totally be looking forward to heating these up tomorrow!)

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know what I won't cook today ....
anything with TURKEY.
:wubbie:

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
The kids were out with friends so I could make whatever we wanted! Dinner tonight was a fresh potato, onion, jalapeno, & bacon "hash" sautéed in red pepper olive oil & covered with 2 perfectly cooked over medium eggs. I topped all of that with shaved Parmesan & fresh parsley. I served it with whole wheat toast & butter. It was sooooo good!!! Cooking is so much more fun when you can fix whatever the hell you feel like!