• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I made this for my Husbands Birthday. Devil's food cake with cherries and whipped cream filling on the inside and whipped cream icing on the outside.
P1020466.jpg
Ridiculously delicious.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oooh, I love America's Test Kitchen. All my best cookbooks come with them. That bread is beautiful...what kind of loaf does it give you? Would you say it's like a French loaf? It kind of looks like that from the texture.

Yes I would say it's very close to a french loaf. It made awesome toast to go with corned beef hash and poached eggs for dinner. I'm betting if I spray it with a little water just before covering it with the lid, the crust would be even better.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I made this for my Husbands Birthday. Devil's food cake with cherries and whipped cream filling on the inside and whipped cream icing on the outside.
P1020466.jpg
Ridiculously delicious.

That looks wonderful. I love a homemade birthday cake.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Power oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. One of the best snacks for a hungry student whose brain needs good clean energy ;) .

1 cup coconut oil (the secret ingredient here)
1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oat bran (more fiber and nutrition than regular oatmeal/quick oats)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, I leave them out)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup water
1 scoop flavorless protein power

That made some really good cookies that're good on protein and fiber, light on sugar, and have a good amount of medium chain fatty acids from the coconut oil (great for mental energy, though better when not paired with carbs).

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sandwiches. Roast beef and honey turkey. Lettuce. Tomato. I made a spread from minced onion, parsley, cream cheese, balsamic vinegar, (raw) garlic, salt, black pepper, and a little olive oil. The spread and the bread were a big deal--it's tough making gluten free bread and getting the texture and taste just right.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Salad, home made orange ginger vinaigrette, recipe on request. *takes a nap*lol

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Power oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. One of the best snacks for a hungry student whose brain needs good clean energy ;) .

1 cup coconut oil (the secret ingredient here)
1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oat bran (more fiber and nutrition than regular oatmeal/quick oats)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, I leave them out)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup water
1 scoop flavorless protein power

That made some really good cookies that're good on protein and fiber, light on sugar, and have a good amount of medium chain fatty acids from the coconut oil (great for mental energy, though better when not paired with carbs).

These sound great--I bet they'd be good for breakfast, too!

Dinner tonight was Cornish game hens, green beans and mashed potatoes. Yum!

Dimples5987

I love baking and that's one of my favorite in terms of spending out my free time.
Here's my easy chocolate cake with buttercream cocoa frosting.

Ingredients
1 + 1/2 cup (170 g) all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (dutched/dark)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup (220 g) sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3/4 cup (1.8 dl) milk
3/4 cup (170 g) melted butter
2 eggs

Ingredients for frosting
1 stick (1/2 cup) + 3 tablespoons (160 g) softened butter
3 cups (7.2 dl) powdered sugar or confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 to 5 tablespoons lukewarm milk

Method

1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C)
2. Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cake tin.
3. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl.
4. Melt the butter at low heat and add to the dry ingredients. Also add milk and eggs.
5. Mix everything together until smooth, either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed.
6. Transfer to bake tin and bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
7. After the cake has cooled, slice the cake through the middle to make two layers (easier if the cake has been in the fridge).

Frosting

1. Cream the softened butter with powdered sugar in a bowl. Add cocoa, vanilla and 4 tablespoons lukewarm milk, and mix until smooth. Do not over-mix. If necessary, add some more milk.
2. Use one 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake.
3. This cake should have room temperature when served.

top singapore restaurants

Last edited:

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ling cod curry with rice. Ling cod being a blue fleshed species of fish (which turns white after cooking). In addition to the typical coconut yellow curry ingredients I added some dill and basil to complement the fish flavor. It was DELICIOUS. I have a bunch of other frozen fish fillets in the freezer from a past fishing trip that I'll have to curry up too :p .

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I cooked yesterday a really good tomato-chevre cheese (goat's cheese) soup with green split pea on it (and lots of herbs and spice on it). yummy! :)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just made breakfast. Not very healthy, but very good.

Slightly less than footlong Ciabatta bread. Divide into two parts so that you get a bottom and a top.
Butter it well. Next, sprinkle on some oregano and some garlic powder.
Then take an average size mozzarella cheese and cut it in average size slices.
Put said slices on the sandwiches. You should need about six of the bigger slices to cover both sandwiches.
After that, you cut up a bunch of sweet pea tomatoes in half or such. They're really really tiny.
If you use bigger tomatoes, cut them in more parts.
ANYWAY. Put those tomato slices on the mozzarella, and then you put some liquid butter on top of it all so that it will melt and run down to make a good crust on the bread.

Put it all in a 200 degrees (Celsius) oven for ten minutes or slightly less. Enjoy! I just did :D

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
Great stuff, but you guys should post more pics!

Lotsa meat. I just removed the bones and put in some onions.
Doesn't look like much but from what I've tasted this is gonna be gooood.:yes:
bild12g.png

I also have a large bolognese going, but I have posted enough pictures of bologneses already.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Spaghetti, and I keep mine pretty basic, but spicy:

Ingredients:
Spaghetti noodles
1 can of whole tomatoes or 2 large fresh tomatoes diced
2 small cans of tomato paste
1 medium can of tomato sauce (make sure its 100% tomatoes, no salt or anything added)
1.5 fingers of Hot Italian sausage (optional, and mainly for taste)
Olive oil
Red wine of your choice (or red wine vinegar)
Freshly grated parmesan cheese

Salt + black pepper to taste
Dash of crushed red pepper
Generous amount of basil (fresh or dried)
1 bay leaf (fresh or dried)
Italian seasoning (or fresh/dried oregano, thyme, rosemary, majoram)
2 shallot cloves finely chopped, or similar amount of chopped onion
2 garlic cloves finely chopped

Instructions:
Dice tomatoes & add them into a pot, along with the tomato paste & sauce. Put heat on medium. Then, add a little olive oil to a skillet. Cook sausage in skillet, breaking it up as you do. Add in shallots & garlic as it cooks. When garlic browns & sausage is cooked through, add it all into the pot with the sauce. Add in all of your seasonings & herbs, a little olive oil, and some red wine to taste. Stir it all together & and break up sausage more as needed. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for at least 20 minutes (an hour is ideal). Add in more red wine if it gets too thick.

Meanwhile, boil a large pot of water for the pasta and add a dash of salt when it begins to boil. Add pasta when water is at rolling boil and cook for 3-5 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and then serve with the sauce and freshly grated parmesan.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I made an interesting pasta dish yesterday: a layer of macaroni, a layer of spinach, a layer of scrambled eggs, a thick layer of cheese sauce, grated cheese on top. Everything cooked and still warm. Grilled for 5 min to get a nice cheese crust.
That's one recipe I'm not going to alter in any way!

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
↑ yum. i would have drowned it in roasted chilies...

tonight i made a chinese stir fry. yawn. the fun bit was mexican hot chocolate.
Ancient%20Ways%20for%20Comfort%20on%20Cold%20Days%201.jpg

something about chocolate, cinnamon, chili and vanilla combined's quite magical.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
pasta with sauce and meatballs, garlic bread and a cucumber and red pepper salad... not all that creative but it tasted good :drool: