• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Beef empanadas with ancho chili cream sauce. Salad made from english cucumbers, red bell peppers, tomato, and red onion with a quick homemade dressing. I was really happy with the result--I haven't made a pastry crust in a long time...this one was gluten-free and turned out very well. Not an easy feat without stretchy 'twang' of gluten strands.

A tip for easier pastry crust: freeze your butter and then grate it. It's a lot easier to incorporate into the flour without handling it too much.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think tonight I'll fry up some swai filets in cornmeal, and serve with beets, the greens, and chard.

rav3n

What's swai like? Is it anything like Mahi-mahi?

Sockeye salmon again. Brother caught a big one the other day and gave me some fresh filets. Tonight, it was marinated teriyaki salmon. Teriyaki sauce is so easy to make and when you grill the salmon, keeps it tender with lovely complementary flavouring.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
What's swai like? Is it anything like Mahi-mahi?

Sockeye salmon again. Brother caught a big one the other day and gave me some fresh filets. Tonight, it was marinated teriyaki salmon. Teriyaki sauce is so easy to make and when you grill the salmon, keeps it tender with lovely complementary flavouring.

I've never eaten it before, so we'll see. It's a type of catfish that is reportedly pretty bland, but cheap ($2 range this week).

rav3n

I've never eaten it before, so we'll see. It's a type of catfish that is reportedly pretty bland, but cheap ($2 range this week).
If you wouldn't mind, do tell once you've tried it. I'm always looking for different fish to try. :)

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
If you wouldn't mind, do tell once you've tried it. I'm always looking for different fish to try. :)

I must say the dinner was mother f***** good! The fish was great, though i imagine that was mostly due to the cornmeal batter and its rather heavy seasoning.

IMGP0636.jpg

I'll definitely be cooking this again.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I made brownies with Baked and crushed Almonds.... I burned it. : (
I ended up taking the top layer off, and applying the chocolate fudge( I also made)

but it turned out to be VERY delicious.. I can't stop eating it.. LOL

This is the brownie my younger sister said I should put on YWIRCrappyCooking.com and call "fugs cake" :laugh:
59289_490934015277_736615277_6872405_7638898_n.jpg

also made Tuna Pasta Salad, but then found out there was no tuna, so I added sliced/baked sausage instead. Also really yummy :

40768_490934405277_736615277_6872421_3662145_n.jpg

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I didnt make this today, but its damn good! Its Korean beef dish called "Jang Jorim", you can eat cold or hot, pour the sauce and beef over rice, and mix it up...its to die for & packed with flavor!

ingredients

• 1 lb. flank steak
• 2 whole cloves of garlic
• 1 sm. jalapeno pepper
• 1/3 c. or more sugar
• 2/3 c. or more soy sauce
• 1/3 c. or more water

instructions

1) Cut the flank steak, along the grain, into strips approximately 1/2 an inch or so wide. / 2) Cut the strips into pieces about 1 inch strips. / 3) Place all of the ingredients in a small pan. / 4) The soy sauce/water solution should cover or almost cover the rest of the ingredients. / 5) Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium heat. / 6) Boil the beef for about 30 minutes. / 7) Add water if the liquid level gets low, and add sugar if the solution doesn't taste sweet enough. (And what is sweet enough? Alas, I can't really explain it. Unless you've tasted jang jorim before, you'll just have to give the recipe a whirl and then adjust the amount of sugar the next time according to your own desires.) / 8) Let cool & refrigerate overnight. / 9) Remove any fat that has solidified.

Looks a little sumthin like this (my mom never put boiled eggs in it though):

OPENAS_639706.JPG

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sticky chicken wings and fried rice.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Steak salad made with romaine and arugula. Topped with grilled onions and blue cheese...dressing was a good Spanish olive oil with balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. It was very good and I'm pleased that I didn't get piggish with it. :D

I also made zucchini nut bread for breakfast. Far too lazy to get up and make breakfast. It needs to be waiting on me.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Tonight's meal:

Fried swai sandwiches with cornmeal and UNSWEETENED coconut fried swai fillets and tartar sauce.

Baked sweet potato mash with brown sugar, garlic salt, and the secret ingredient: separated coconut fat in place of butter. DELICIOUS!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pancit tonight.

I'm waiting for some genius to come out with gluten free spring roll wrappers. Spring rolls--not rice! My aunt is from Thailand and I really miss being able to pig out on her spring rolls. :cry:

F

figsfiggyfigs

I made Seafood Dumplings today. From Scratch!! :D I'm actually proud of myself, cause this is the first time I've ever attempted them, and I had no idea what I was doing!

They taste "Deeee Liciouss" as my younger sister would say >: D
47918_495726495277_736615277_6962365_8219615_n.jpg

59424_495733700277_736615277_6962571_8297857_n.jpg

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
^^ Sweet lord. Those look amazing! You made the dough and everything from scratch? Where did you find the recipe?

F

figsfiggyfigs

^^ Sweet lord. Those look amazing! You made the dough and everything from scratch? Where did you find the recipe?

Sure did! :D

The Dumpling Wrap is from Here

The Sauce is from here

The Dumping Filing is from here

It's really easy!! :D

I only made the wrap cause I didn't have any at home, and I can't drive... :blush:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Taco pie with a bunch of extra ingredients like barbecued chicken, pastrami, cheese, red onion and lots of crème fraiche.

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
I made chuck (don't know if that's the right name for the cut) in the oven.
2 pounds of chuck roasted in the oven (with red wine) for 6 hours.
It tasted horrible. I threw it out.:cheese:

Made a great sallad for starters though that was very delicious.

rav3n

Did a slow oven roasted sirloin tip with yam fries and a caesar salad for friends last night. Add in the lemon meringue pie and tiny chocolate cheesecakes they contributed and for some reason, I'm not hungry today. Can't even get enough enthusiasm to consider dinner tonight. It's probably best that my other friends cancelled their BBQ tonight since someone came down with the flu this morning.