• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Blueberry lemon muffins, i had a photo of an old recipe and extracted and copied the text so because it's ai it's not perfect, but good enough to get the gist. I followed this recipe and threw in the zest of a lemon with the blue berries
4t3W3jA.jpg

il7Ac0j.jpg

RmS5LWW.jpg

WRQM9Li.jpg

These look delicious. I wish I was there to taste.

this was meant as a reply to prps muffins. Idk if it actually worked out that way Im still learning the new forum setup

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I didn't really cook but I did prep for the week and the freezer. I bought some of these containers..

with lids - restaurant and hotel pans basically. Way cheaper than any other metal food storage I've found and hold a lot. I'm thinking about getting some bigger size ones for the holidays.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally came across a recipe last week for white whole wheat pumpkin pancakes that didn’t turn out gummy and disappointing... and now I can’t find it! :irked:

I wanted to make a bunch more & freeze them. Damn.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because all of our cherry tomatoes ripened at once, I currently have more tomatoes than God. Ran outta spring mix for salad, but didn’t want to waste these babies.

Roommate & I pooled our resources. She had a bag of frozen shrimp, & I had the rest. Made an impromptu pasta dish that included the following:

- whole wheat angel hair pasta
- salt
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning blend
- paprika
- shrimp
- a metric ton of chopped cherry tomatoes (orange ones & red ones)
- frozen kale (thawed & steamed before adding to the skillet)

I just threw all of that together last night in one big pan & it was surprisingly good.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I made challah bread for the first time- its a little dark but still tastes ok!

Attachments

• 1968A0AC-104C-4D35-B92F-453A2B3341A8.jpeg
    1968A0AC-104C-4D35-B92F-453A2B3341A8.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 181
  • 2FD33B8D-F618-43DE-BCB0-48CBDBABE524.jpeg
    2FD33B8D-F618-43DE-BCB0-48CBDBABE524.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 165

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I made a triple berry pie. The leaves are my attempt at fanciness

Attachments

• C3025B2D-EC4D-4AA9-BA77-6087182C758F.jpeg
    C3025B2D-EC4D-4AA9-BA77-6087182C758F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 160

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I baked a sweet potato pie. I bought these fancy dough cutters that look like leaves and some granny smith apples and next week Im gunna make apple pie with them and try to make it suuuuper fancy stuck up. But this weekend I just hand carved some shitty 5 year old drew this level cats and did the initials of each of my family members out of extra dough so its… interesting. Plus the cats kinda sunk (which I figured they might so I put them on midway which is why they are less done)

but I had fun and it looks “done” (aka the sweet potato part isnt soup) though it probably would have been nicer had I bothered to egg wash the dough

3rd pie ever. Next weekend will be 4. Im not quitting until Im 300 pounds holding up the beautiful pie to end all pies

Attachments

• F12AF8AC-3A91-4176-BA1C-EDB3C427D032.jpeg
    F12AF8AC-3A91-4176-BA1C-EDB3C427D032.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 153

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Flank steak fajitas

flank steak from butcher

dry rub mixture of:

1.2 table spoons Hungarian paprika (from my Hungarian neighbors game changer)
2. 1/4 teaspoon cumin
3. sea native salt (to taste)
4. fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
5. 1 table spoon brown sugar

Pat beef dry and then Coat beef with mixture on both sides
leave beef covered on the counter vs the fridge so the meat can come to perfect temperature and not tighten when hitting the grill (3-4 HOURS)
this will give beef a nice crust

Saute onions and red peppers set aside

Get grill hot hot hot and then cook 6 minutes a side.

let rest for 10 minutes slice thin

add all your favorite fajitas toppings. will post photo later

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made my roommate’s kid a Bob’s Burgers cartoon-themed cake today, with their “BURGER OF THE DAY” board included:

1637975843367.jpeg

2zf76rJ.jpg

Buns: cinnamon spice cake w/a thin layer cream chz buttercream for crumb coat, to attach the caramel fondant

Burger patty: cinnamon spice cake w/same buttercream crumb coat, & chocolate fondant.

Lettuce & cheese are just super thin cuts of colored vanilla fondant, shaped accordingly. Ketchup is red icing.

Sesame seeds are (obviously) rainbow sprinkles

Got the mini chalkboard & chalk for $3 from craft store.

I’m not a fan of The Doors, but it was all I could think of for the board gag.
Burger price reflected her age.

Did my best to copy their font:

[]
1637976650958.jpeg

The cake’s recipient loved it, so that’s all that matters.

Family cake topper is just a printout on cardstock Roommate did at work. I attached a party hat to Bob, & taped some toothpicks on.