• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
3d4c0923d337c634c7140c488800862f.jpg

Basically an egg roll filled with spinach, cheese, onions and a sour cream. And a rocket salad with a dressing made out of honey, mustard and distilled vinegar. It was pretty good. But next time I'll put some tomatoes in it and use more cayenne pepper.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Last night's dinner: Morel mushroom, pancetta, and goat cheese pizza with chives on a cauliflower crust. No sauce, just good olive oil and a sprinkling of cracked pepper. Morels were first sauteed in butter with garlic, onion, and a splash of white wine.

5BSaB1D.jpg

This morning I had English muffins with cream cheese, pancetta, and a drizzle of bourbon maple syrup. Wish I had some radish microgreens to round out the flavor profile and texture but I missed last week's farmer's market.

Hoping I find some oyster mushrooms in the woods today so I can continue to explore cooking with foraged goodies.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I've discovered a delicious savory pepper chicken soup. I must not forget it. I bet it would be good with turnips and parsnips @_@

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Homemade tom kha thale with foraged oyster mushrooms. Tom kha thale is a creamy spicy and sour Thai soup with seafood (thale) and galangal root (kha). I did not cut any corners with this because I wanted to make something authentic and completely from scratch, which meant that I had to visit my local Hmong grocery store for the most essential ingredients - galangal root and kaffir lime leaves. I also picked up the lemongrass and Thai red chili peppers there since my regular grocery store failed me.

Because I made the broth myself, boiling the above ingredients along with fish sauce, my entire house smelled of fish and hot peppers.
I have asthma, so that was fun.
I also don't think I've ever sneezed so much in my life. Was it worth it? Absolutely, even if only for the experience.

The soup turned out great, and if I'm still here by mid-week, then that means I didn't accidentally poison myself with deadly mushrooms.

u7npImv.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whole grain oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Whole grain oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

trust me people tell me you can't taste [insert sugar subsitute] and i can. it has a different taste, and I hate it

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Broccoli, asparagus, and buttered salmon:

image0.jpg

Nothing fancy but I had to whip up something fast since the hunger came after me and had to make do.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I made chocolate-covered oatmeal-honey-peanut butter balls. It's like Reese's PB cups, but with a more interesting texture. I could sell these things.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
For breakfast today, I made sourdough eggs in a hole with blistered grape tomatoes in a homemade pesto sauce.

SP1VneG.jpg

Yes, there are breasts all over my coffee mug.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Black beans rice lettuce sour cream shredded cheese and shredded chicken. In an organic tortilla. Yum