• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't have a mixer but I am thinking of getting a food mill. That's how that Pepin guy on TV does it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
vegetarian blackeyed peas
ugXVAFd.jpg
also making brocolli with cheese,corn bread, and blackened tilapia they're not done i thought the picture would show it bubbling but guess not. n

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
do it, i don't have food mill tell me how it is.

A potato ricer is the far superior choice for potatoes but a food mill is nice because it has other uses. I'm not totally sure what was happening with the crock pot but it's the worst appliance for potatoes, imo. You have to add cream cheese or sour cream to these recipes. After using a pressure cooker (which has a slow cooker function too) for the last year, I haven't used a slow cooker for any reason and don't plan to. I can't recommend them enough.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
View attachment 18080

Asparagus, grilled potatoes, radish and some omelette on top.

View attachment 18081

Baked apple slices with cinammon. Had some vanilla ice with it. Lovely. I think it would be just as nice with some apple puree. At least, if you like apples as much as I do.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oh i made corn chowder yesterday and yelled at my kitchen a few times because i lost the spoon and my can opener is shit, (i put diced chilis in it) probably wasn't a good day to cook tbh.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
prplchknz said:
do it, i don't have food mill tell me how it is.

I got a ricer instead. Made some mashed potatos this morning by boiling; the taters soak up a lot more liquid when they are boiled compared to steaming in a slow cooker, so they are much mushier and easier to mash.

The ricer works well, but you don't really need one if you're boiling them. A fork would work just as well, but take a little longer.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I got a ricer instead. Made some mashed potatos this morning by boiling; the taters soak up a lot more liquid when they are boiled compared to steaming in a slow cooker, so they are much mushier and easier to mash.

The ricer works well, but you don't really need one if you're boiling them. A fork would work just as well, but take a little longer.

i have a masher somewhere, but tbh i don't eat a lot of potatoes i eat more rice and if i eat potatoes they're usually in soups.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i have a masher somewhere, but tbh i don't eat a lot of potatoes i eat more rice and if i eat potatoes they're usually in soups.

Whenever I hear this word now, all I think of is its antiquated definition, which I picked up on an episode of The Twilight Zone, entitled, "Mr Dingle, The Strong."

The Twilight Zone S02e019 Mr Dingle, the Strong - YouTube [12:45]

masher
[mash-er]
noun, Slang.
a man who makes advances, especially to women he does not know, with a view to physical intimacy.

We must bring this definition back to popular use.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I always boil my potatoes and use a stick blender to finish mashing.

Today I made Omurice.

I had lbs of discount bell peppers, so I used them instead of peas and carrots. We all agreed it was better.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I spent a few hours making this for a potluck: Sriracha-Lime Corn Salad Recipe on Food52

and then realized that my coworker is deathly allergic to citrus -- as in, can't be in the same room with citrus. Which I should have remembered before I bought all the ingredients and planned all this out and MADE the damn thing.

More for me, then. :dry: And none for my coworkers. And I guess I'm buying some kind of cheap side dish en route to work.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made apple cake with rum glaze to bring to work, for a colleague's birthday - my primary research partner.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
brocolli cheese soup, cheese not yet added the vegetables are cooking.
17806795_10101963079185857_1705264980_n.png
it said to cut the carrots into matchsticks but fuck that who has time for that shit? it's soup so i just sliced them thin.

17807146_10101963127289457_1859891249_n.png
it does taste like panera

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So because it is the weekend I had plenty of time to cook something more demanding. I used a Frankish (German) roastpork recipe for this and really, really liked it. It was soo delicious. But very time-consuming because it had to cook in the oven for three and a half hours and I decided to make the red cabbage and potato dumplings from scratch, so there was a lot of work involved in this meal. But it was oh-so-worth it :D

View attachment 18198View attachment 18199

A few hours later I felt like having some dessert and for some reason I craved something with peaches. So I made crepes, filled them with a mix of quark and maple syrup, toped it with sliced peaches then rolled them and then I put warm peach puree on it. It was lovely but I'd love to try this one out with vanilla ice cream someday.

I can tell you, washing up today wasn't fun at all, haha.