• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best BBQ meat and such recipes for a hot day?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Title says it all. I'm having a BBQ today, just me and the kids though so it's not a big spread.

I'm making moroccan kebabs and grilled sardines, with the usual crappy add ons because I'm crap at add ons lol.

My recipes:

Lamb kebabs:

Diced lamb
Halved lamb kidneys* opt
Liver *opt

1 Finely dice chopped onion
Fresh parsley + Coriander + 3 garlic bits = Ground together in a mortar and pestle or alternatively chopped fine and crushed however you can manage.

Tbsp Turmeric (or saffron)
Tsp ground black pepper
1/2 Tsp of ground ginger
Salt to your taste
Oil to your liking

Mix all this shit up in a bowl the night before, and leave to marinate for the night. Put on skewers, grill and eat........

Serve with pitta bread, or your alternative

Sardines:

Sardines (I'm making 12) Cleaned etc etc

Fresh parsley + Coriander + 5 garlic bits = Ground together in a mortar and pestle or alternatively chopped fine and crushed however you can manage.

Salt to your taste
Heaped Tbsp Paprika
Tsp (more if you like it) Hot chilli powder
Tsp Cumin
Oil to your liking, enough to basically turn these herbs and spices into a paste to season the sardines with.

Make (depending on size of sardines) mini incisions along the side of the sardine for seasoning to seep in. Smear the marinade all over the sardines, make sure to get it into all of the nooks and crannies.

Leave over night, during BBQ grill till cooked.

Spicey tomatoe sauce to go with the above sardines:

2 tins of chopped tomatoes (or equal in fresh tomatoes)

Exactly the same seasoning:

Fresh parsley + Coriander + 5 garlic bits = Ground together in a mortar and pestle or alternatively chopped fine and crushed however you can manage.

Salt to your taste
Heaped Tbsp Paprika
Tsp (more if you like it) Hot chilli powder
Tsp Cumin
Oil to your liking

Only difference is onion, 1 finely dice chopped onion.

(you don't have to use this much garlic, I just like garlic with fish, it works)

Order to throw in the pan:

Oil, onions, fry for a couple of minutes, add tomatoes, crush with a potatoe masher, add herbs and spices, leave to simmer for 20minutes.

Serve next to sardines, and with some nice bread.

Cinnamon Oranges:

Sliced orange with rind on

Laid out prettily on a plate, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on them, and serve to the delight of your guests, and your tastebuds.

Now you give me some tips, I'm having a grown up BBQ at the end of the month and I want to eat nicely. :)