• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me think of something to eat for breakfast.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
how about migas with some black beans and fruit....or spinach omelet with rosemary potatoes and bacon....or apple and cinnamon pancakes with scrambled eggs made with parmesan and garlic...mmm....or a smoothie and zucchini walnut muffins or bread...mmmm

omellete with onion, tomato, spinach (cooked in garlic, butter, and olive oil), feta, and pesto. Cooked with olive oil and butter. It's delicious.

Mmm. Sounds good to me!!!

I like scrambled eggs with fresh, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of grated cheddar. Or Juevos Rancheros -- a lightly fried corn tortilla with black beans, scrambled eggs, sauteed peppers and onions, a little chipotle cream cheese, and some salsa on the side. Or a smoothie with a banana, apple, ground flax seed, and lowfat vanilla yogurt. Or Cheerios and milk with fresh berries.

I'm not really into stuffed french toast, but my siblings love it -- French toast piled thickly with sliced strawberries and sweetened cream cheese or whipped cream in the middle. Another friend of mine makes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and then dips it in egg and cooks it like french toast, topping it off with maple syrup. Too sweet for me, but she loves it.

I stayed in the middle east for a little while once, and we ate thick, crusty bread, fresh olives, and cheese for breakfast. It was strange, but I got used to it and kind of liked it.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I usually have yogurt or a bowl of cereal. But my favorite breakfasts are chocolate chip pancakes or chilaquiles. Mmmm.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not a morning person, so cooking anything complicated, or having the stomach to eat something rich is not gonna happen. I also need to eat low GI food for breakfast otherwise I tend to crash badly for the rest of the day. My breakfast options:

- porridge (aka oatmeal) with skim milk, nuked in the microwave

- bran cereal with skim milk

- peanut butter on multigrain toast

If I'm travelling for work and staying overnight, I try to have poached eggs on toast for breakfast because it keeps me going through long days when I'm cooped up in all day meetings or conferences.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not a morning person, so cooking anything complicated, or having the stomach to eat something rich is not gonna happen. I also need to eat low GI food for breakfast otherwise I tend to crash badly for the rest of the day. My breakfast options:

- porridge (aka oatmeal) with skim milk, nuked in the microwave

- bran cereal with skim milk

- peanut butter on multigrain toast

If I'm travelling for work and staying overnight, I try to have poached eggs on toast for breakfast because it keeps me going through long days when I'm cooped up in all day meetings or conferences.

Peanut butter toast is the one thing that has me on a leash :)

Hmm bagels, french toast, omelets, eggs cooked anyway, and potatoes! I love potatoes! Lady X definitely had great ideas.

Great, now I really want some food.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just had coffee cake and decided nobody needs that much sugar ever...yuck...i feel sick.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Multi-grain cheerios with milk are a great, light healthy breakfast.

For something with more substance, try lox and cream cheese on a bagel with red onions and capers....mmmmm!

Oatmeal and cream of wheat are great on a cold morning (not exactly summertime food), and sometimes I eat "lunch food" for breakfast instead of breakfast, because I'm not a big fan of things like donuts and muffins, or I want something heartier than a bowl of cereal.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
oooh....I forgot. I've had apples with creamy peanut butter for breakfast before. That way you're getting fruit and protein.

V

violaine

I either have eggs on toast or my favorite breakfast which is blueberries and strawberries with fresh ricotta, drizzled with honey. Yum.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Another friend of mine makes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and then dips it in egg and cooks it like french toast, topping it off with maple syrup.

This sounds good to me for some reason, sans the maple syrup though because it just grosses me out.

Oh, and Athenian, those Aunt Jemima Griddlecakes are probably going to kill you!

This morning I made rosemary potatoes (Good idea Lady X) with peas, served with sliced apples dipped in sour cream + brown sugar. Success!

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh, another good brekkie food is Bircher muesli. Soak rolled oats (not the quick cook stuff) in either unsweetened apple juice overnight or grated apple + milk. In the morning, add some natural yoghurt and maybe some extra fruit. I like to add some sultanas to the oats as well. Super healthy and very yummy.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Eww breakfast. This NP doesnt wake up early enough. Even if I am out and about, moving around, I'm still not awake.. so no breakfast.

My first meal is at 1pm, usually. Even if by then I've done 4 hours work, it's still my first food.

Yeah.. I'm odd.

And nocturnal.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A tablespoon of milled flax seed over yogurt, topped with fruit.

But I love to make a big potato fritata -- peel some potatoes, boil them, drain them, brown them in a little olive oil and garlic, whip up about six eggs and pour them on top, sprinkle on whatever herbs you like and whatever cheese you have, put a lid on it and let it cook on low until the eggs are set, then flip it over onto a plate and cover it well and put it in the refrigerator. It will keep nicely for several days and you can have a slice every day for breakfast. It's good cold.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Oh, another good brekkie food is Bircher muesli. Soak rolled oats (not the quick cook stuff) in either unsweetened apple juice overnight or grated apple + milk. In the morning, add some natural yoghurt and maybe some extra fruit. I like to add some sultanas to the oats as well. Super healthy and very yummy.
Wow this sounds amazing.

Eww breakfast. This NP doesnt wake up early enough. Even if I am out and about, moving around, I'm still not awake.. so no breakfast.

My first meal is at 1pm, usually. Even if by then I've done 4 hours work, it's still my first food.

Yeah.. I'm odd.

And nocturnal.

That is a little odd, but I have been known to do the same. But some mornings I wake up and realize I'm starving and out of fruity dyno-bites.

A tablespoon of milled flax seed over yogurt, topped with fruit.

But I love to make a big potato fritata -- peel some potatoes, boil them, drain them, brown them in a little olive oil and garlic, whip up about six eggs and pour them on top, sprinkle on whatever herbs you like and whatever cheese you have, put a lid on it and let it cook on low until the eggs are set, then flip it over onto a plate and cover it well and put it in the refrigerator. It will keep nicely for several days and you can have a slice every day for breakfast. It's good cold.
I love anything that can be eaten cold straight out of the fridge, this sounds great.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
grape nuts with milk or over yogurt with berries and sugar or honey, kefir, cantaloupe with a dollop of frozen yogurt on top, tomato slice with s&P, watermelon, frozen fruited waffles heated up in the toaster, cinnamon bread with cream cheese,

breakfast foods are my favorite, can't you tell?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I eat a bowl or two of steel cut oatmeal every morning. I put a little maple syrup on it and milk. Whole wheat toast, maybe some berries and coffee. Weekends I go a little crazy. I made individual breakfast skillets this morning.

Fried potatoes
Eggs
Sausage
Bacon gravy
Cheese on top

With fruit and biscuits, juice and coffee.

lamp

water, always, in varying amounts, depending :]

trix

apple

banana

pizza or cheese, occasionally