• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cat fur, everywhere!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
My eyes would be like Good Year blimps and my nose would backfire rapidly.

HINDENBURG!!!

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Despite my reservations about it, mainly because of the terrible choice in product name, I ended up buying that Furminator thing. I saw it on ebay for 12 bucks and I received it today in the mail. Upon testing on my cats, it appears that it does comb out more hair than any other brush... but only marginally. I've had another comb shaped in a squarish formation with thin metal protrusions and little space between them that did a good job as well. So basically this is slightly over glorified, and those pictures of the mounds of pet hair are exaggerated (or the pet had an extreme, extreme shedding/grooming problem). But whatever, $12 is cool. Further testing will reveal more, hopefully. I'm particularly interested in the claim that it will control a months worth of shedding.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Update: My other cat with the grooming problem got the best use out of the comb. I literally stroked for almost an hour and got a dense ball of fur the size of my fist in the end. His fur is now soft and is an incredible improvement. This thing seems to only grab the wispy hairs that are the most annoying, so I'm grateful.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'll never understand how anyone can stand to brush a cat every night. That seems like such an enormous pain in the ass.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I swear my cat makes more of a mess of my place than I do. I don't know how he sheds so much fur and yet STILL HAS fur. How is he not bald? :huh:

I keep a lint roller in my house and one in my car.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I dunno..I have 6 cats, and although they do get things furry, it doesn't bother me that much. There's only one skirt I use for work a lot that attracts fur like mad, and that one I use one of those sticky roll things on to get it off before I go to work. Other clothes *do* have fur on em, but I wear it proudly :D
As for the bedroom, they sleep in my bed during the day. By the time it's too furry, I have to wash the sheets anyways so...It does help to make the bed every day, so it doesn't get on the sheet you lie on. And at the moment, it's summer so we have satin sheets on which don't hold onto cat fur anyways, so it slides right off.

Sorry, never bothered me :D

Yeah, I've got 2 dogs and 2 cats, and the hair doesn't bother me. I'm not exactly a tidy person anyway though so of course it wouldn't :laugh:

If I have an outfit that I really don't want to get hair on, well I just use one of those sticky roll things aswell just before I setp out of the house.

I wuv my pets. :wubbie:

Oh, and forget the animal hair, it's my hair that really gets everywhere. :doh:

WordGeek

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I have a siamese mix (medium-hair). The cat isn't allowed in the closet and the master bath. Otherwise sticky rollers and brushing 3x a week, first with a furminator, than with a regular brush to pick up stray hairs, which works pretty well. Still, no outfit is complete without cat hair.

periscopes

wrap sticky tape around your hand so the sticky side is exposed and rub your hands over everything.*

*except the pet

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
Brush your cat so the superflous fur doesn`t fly around later on when you pet him/her.
don`t let him/her in your bedroom or if you do at least not on the bed, the closets, the laundry.
vacuum clean several times a week
for getting fur of my clothes I mostly just use the sellotape (the tape that`s sticky on one side)

We`ve got 4 cats and it would be chaos if you don`t control where they have access to (which doesn`t mean they don`t try to sneak past you into the bedrooms:cheese:).

also don`t wash clothes that have fur on them. Clean the hair off of them before they are washed, because the washing machine won`t do that for you.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You could always gather the hair and make a real fur coat. :cheese:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Would your pet shed less if you fed it ultra high quality food?

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
I think raw meet is supposed to be good for the shine, but I don`t know if also shedding.:thinking:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know, people need to stop messing with my bedding. I shed till it feels comfortable then someone goes and cleans it up on me. Like WTF?!

=^.^=

Yeah, brushing often and vacuming often seem to be the best bet with a lint roller as back up. When I had a cat I specifically kept him out of my bedroom for those reasons.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Having an animal living indoors is just nasty.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Having an animal living indoors is just nasty.

I have to agree with you on that. I think animals should be free. I keep having the urge to liberate the family dog.... let her scamper about in nature and hunt birds. She's great at catching birds.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to agree with you on that. I think animals should be free. I keep having the urge to liberate the family dog.... let her scamper about in nature and hunt birds. She's great at catching birds.

:) I enjoyed having a pet for many years. If I choose to have another, it's preferable in the circumstance you describe.