• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Something's wrong with my Dog

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I woke up at 2 this morning, and my dog was trying furiously to get into my bedroom. I opened the door, and Molly was panting and shaking. She has an electric fence, so my immediate reaction was that she had or was being shocked. She was whining. I brought her into my room, because I had my air conditioner on, and the rest of my house is really hot, because I thought she might have been over heating. I gave her some water, but she didn't drink a lot. I watched tv for a while, and kept an eye on her. She didn't lie down like she usually does, she just sat and shivered, and looked at me. She moved and sat in another place. I had to get up early, so I let her out because I wouldn't have been able to get to sleep with her panting. I let her out and she tried really hard to get into my room, darting between my legs and such, but I finally lost my temper (which I now feel bad about :() and forcefully put her on her bed, but she just sat down. I woke up not too long ago, and she was still panting and shaking, and I'm really worried.

It's probably nothing to worry about, but I care about Molly so much that I do worry a lot. Any advice? She's outside now, maybe that will bring her back to normal..

Thanks guys :blush:

edit: I don't know if it helps ( I don't know anything about dogs), but she has had a Rabies shot. Just as a reference..

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I would take her to a vet ASAP. If she was scared, she'd have calmed down not long thereafter. Is it by chance thundering and storming?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ Yep, take her to the vet, if it’s out of character then there may be something wrong in which case the sooner she gets looked at the better, if not at least you’ll have peace of mind.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
We had a friend over last night, and they stayed in our basement. They brought their little black dog, who is pretty mean, but Molly didn't really see her. Perhaps Molly was just scared? It did storm last night, but no thunder. I just got home, and she's still acting funny, but not as bad, as she came up to me and jumped on me when I got home. She's still panting and shaking, and she doesn't role over when I go to pet her stomach. She's not in heat or anything.

My dad says she's just scared from the other dog, because Molly is just a whimp. I feel like it's more than that. Her eyes are wide open, and I feel a bad vibe coming from her. I'll consider the vets.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think she'd still be shaking from being scared all this time later. If she's been acting funny for hours, I would take her to the vet, just to be sure.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude. Get her to a vet immediately. When my dogs freaked out, they'd get calm again after some reassurance. But I had a beagle who had seizures and he'd act very strangely right before one hit. You need to be sure she isn't having a medical problem.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'm weighing in with the "take her to the vets now" group, even if it turns out to be nothing (except money you might not have right now) at least you will have some peace of mind.

Hope she is ok though. :hug:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. Spend less time considering taking her to the vet and more time taking her to the vet.