• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Urban, Suburban, Village or Rural?

Where would you rather live?

• Medium to high density urban area.

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Suburb.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Rural.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Village.

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I love urban areas but I'd like a lot more green and social spaces. Oh, and less gentrification and monopolization of retail stores.

P

Phantonym

I'd love a little country cottage near a small "chocolate-box" village -

http://images.google.ee/url?source=...17.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHuf2fn9OJc2AH0o8-GT_zTdoi2oA

Villages seem nice and idyllic. Everybody knows everybody, there's this community spirit that I find appealing from time to time. But I'd like to live at a distance from my neighbours in a way that they won't bother me and I won't bother them. Any interaction would be on my terms.

No creepy garden gnomes, though. Thank you very much.

http://images.google.ee/url?source=...es.png&usg=AFQjCNH7bM-yK0YnWntrKxnclixEcGYbNQ

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can live anywhere and absolutely hate it. I would say that the city is least preferable, because I fucking hate being around that many people.

Suburbs are boring but tolerable. I mean... traveling exists for a reason. I don't mind hiding in my shitty little home, away from people. It also tends to be closer to restaurants than rural areas. That's the main reason I'd hate living somewhere rural even though it's secluded, less access to restaurants.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Either urban or rural. Fuck suburbs; you tend to get the worst of both worlds.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My personal preference is medium to high density urban area. With flourishing urban gardening, I could have the area for growth that I want without needing acers of space. Suburbs are horrible in the US in every way and after living in rural Michigan for a decade - I've had enough.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My personal preference is medium to high density urban area. With flourishing urban gardening, I could have the area for growth that I want without needing to acers of space. Suburbs are horrible in the US in every way and after living in rural Michigan for a decade - I've had enough.

I can see why you'd be sick of it, and while I love where I live now, I do see a certain appeal to rural areas. I would be lying if I said that the amount of nature and quiet didn't have some appeal to me. As a single person it's terrible for dating, though; that's really the main reason why I gave up trying to do the wilderness thing. Also, if I ever end up having kids, I would want to raise them in the city for sure.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would prefer to live in a rural area within reasonable (say, one hour) drive of a small city or large town. I like to live with no one close by, but to be able to access the resources of a more urban area on an occasional basis. I grew up in suburbs and there were too many neighbors, too close. I am technically in a suburb now, but it is more spread out and I have a large lot so neighbors are easily avoided. I leave my INTP to deal with them when necessary. He actually seems to like it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I live in a small township off the edge of the main city of 50k. I guess that makes it a suburb. I'm on the "right" side of the street though, my house sitting elevated above those across the street (which offers an illusion of privacy from inside the home), and the lot being about an acre with no one behind me (woods). It's relatively private overall, compared to most suburban setups.

I'd like it more if I was actually in the woods, down a long private drive.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I live in a small township off the edge of the main city of 50k. I guess that makes it a suburb. I'm on the "right" side of the street though, my house sitting elevated above those across the street (which offers an illusion of privacy from inside the home), and the lot being about an acre with no one behind me (woods). It's relatively private overall, compared to most suburban setups.

I'd like it more if I was actually in the woods, down a long private drive.

I got the impression you lived deep in the woods, with all the mushroom hunting.

Anyway, a word of advice.... if you see a a mushroom dwarf in the forest, be nice to him or he'll give you a bear head..

(Yup, my cat is named after the dopey blond guy in this)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I got the impression you lived deep in the woods, with all the mushroom hunting.

Anyway, a word of advice.... if you see a a mushroom dwarf in the forest, be nice to him or he'll give you a bear head..

(Yup, my cat is named after the dopey blond guy in this)

I can always count on you to bring top tier material.

I do venture deeper into the woods often, but my home is at the edge.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can always count on you to bring top tier material.

I do venture deeper into the woods often, but my home is at the edge.

Gotcha. Sounds nice! I need to go on a wintry walk in the parks here soon, which actually do have a lot of bird life in the warmer months. It's not the same as a forest, though.