• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what is your favorite flower and why?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't mistake me for a bitch.
And this is a work onset hatred. It doesn't have [as much] to do with hormones.
Try evening primrose oil.

Made from flowers! :yes:

sculpting

Well how do they feel about cigarette lighters?

"A forest fire can be one of the most devastating disasters that can ever occur but these flowers start to show a little hope for the rebirth of nature in the Yukon, Canada. The pink and yellow flowers known as fireweed thrive in a region where there are no other surrounding plants to compete with such as this area where there has been a recent forest fire.

The Yukon Territory in Canada has over 100 forest fires each year so fireweed flowers are a fairly common sight in the Yukon. As pretty as these flowers look, you know if you see acres of newly blossoming Fireweed, then a recent forest fire disaster has previously struck."

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:doh:
How'd I forget..
180px-Catnip-blossom.jpg

Nepeta cataria, more commonly referred to as Catnip. Of course.

Makes kitty happy.
Also serves as a mild sedative for humans, often put into herbal teas. Good stuff, actually, if you're too sensitive to Tylenol PM or sleep-RXs. Or valerian root, for that matter. (Which is also found in various teas, but it's more potent than catnip regarding sedative properties in humans. Has caused night terrors in some people. Effects cats similarly to catnip.
:shock: no one needs to know any of this.)

Mainly my interest in the plant, well.. it's all about gettin' kitty jacked up.

However he loves all flowers, actually.. his tastes are not limited only to Catnip, or his resulting drug dependence. No sir.
Loves all fresh flowers that make their way into my house. :yes:

...and by that, I do mean simply, that he pops the tops off of each one, takes the petals away to a dark, intimate corner of the house. And murders them.
Brutally.
:wubbie:

**Pregnant women should avoid catnip.

*yeah, i'm well aware I've mentioned flowers, cats, and ..herbal teas... all in one post.. so.. it's likely time for me to start up some sort of TypeC Knitting Circle.. who wants in? I need someone to teach me.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
"A forest fire can be one of the most devastating disasters that can ever occur but these flowers start to show a little hope for the rebirth of nature in the Yukon, Canada. The pink and yellow flowers known as fireweed thrive in a region where there are no other surrounding plants to compete with such as this area where there has been a recent forest fire.

The Yukon Territory in Canada has over 100 forest fires each year so fireweed flowers are a fairly common sight in the Yukon. As pretty as these flowers look, you know if you see acres of newly blossoming Fireweed, then a recent forest fire disaster has previously struck."
Yeah, they'll take on a post-plant-apocalypse, but how do you suppose they'll act in the presence of he, himself, the devil?

sculpting

:

...and by that, I do mean simply, that he pops the tops off of each one, takes the petals away to a dark, intimate corner of the house. And murders them.
Brutally.
:wubbie:

*yeah, i'm well aware I've mentioned flowers, cats, and ..herbal teas... all in one post.. so.. it's likely time for me to start up some sort of TypeC Knitting Circle.. who wants in? I need someone to teach me.

your cat sounds like my toddler. He brutally murders my plants. I wanna be part of the knitting circle. Onmce I tried to make a scarf. After three years I had changed yarm four times, kept modifying the pattern and making the loops bigger and bigger. I still never finished.

Yeah, they'll take on a post-plant-apocalypse, but how do you suppose they'll act in the presence of he, himself, the devil?

Here you go-devil's flower (I bet I work with stupider people than you do...Trust me on this one....:devil: I am well known for my prolific use of the F word loudly in public spaces at work)

IMG_1680.JPG

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
your cat sounds like my toddler. He brutally murders my plants. I wanna be part of the knitting circle. Onmce I tried to make a scarf. After three years I had changed yarm four times, kept modifying the pattern and making the loops bigger and bigger. I still never finished.

Here you go-devil's flower (I bet I work with stupider people than you do...Trust me on this one....:devil: I am well known for my prolific use of the F word loudly in public spaces at work)

IMG_1680.JPG

:shock:
That flower seems to bear a striking resemblace to Cthulhu.

That said, I've no choice but to approve on the behalf of Mr. Nocap.

PS- Do P's ever finish anything? Let's be realistic here. :rolli:

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Queen of the night aka Night blooming cereus or Peniocereus greggii

AMAZING FLOWER! Only blooms one night a year for maybe 10 hours. Stunning, amazing smell, illusive and while it looks like nothing but a dead stick most of the year it's core is subterranean tuber that can weigh up to 100 pounds! Even if that shows above ground is eaten, killed by frost or broken off it will grow back and bloom.

peniocereus_greggii.jpg

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I'll get back to answering that in a bit... maybe.:newwink:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
daphodiles
because they taste like yellow

I hope you're not trying to eat them: every Narcissus contains lycorine, a very potent toxic alkaloid. :huh:

It can be lethal at high doses. It also explains why you shouldn't mix a daffodil with other flowers when making a bouquet: it would poison the neighbouring plants if you let it rest into the same water, into the same vase.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
One white Calla Lily in a long sleek black vase..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love tulips because they appear so...solid and bright and colorful. They aren't fragile like some other flowers. They're so...definite. Yet pretty.

I like orchids too, just because they're so unusual looking.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
peonies, roses, hydrangeas, apple and cherry blossoms, and the phalaenopsis hybrid orchid -- definitely the classiest flowers.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gardenias are my fave. Their scent and positive association (my grandmother) are extra special:
Gardenia_jasminoides_Vetchii_Everblooming_Gardenia.jpg

I also think Moon Flowers are neat. Speed up to 00:30 to see this thing bloom supah-fast:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUkEfkzMlrM"]Moon Flower Blooming In Real Time[/YOUTUBE]