• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what is your favorite flower and why?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well you ought to!

besides everybody likes a pot smokin troll...didn't ya know?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
well you ought to!

besides everybody likes a pot smokin troll...didn't ya know?

No, I didn't know.

Here in France, everybody is smoking pot (but not me, I can't stand smoke). So frankly, there's nothing to laugh about. It's so... cliche... so predictable... :rolli:
Here, Cannabis is often associated with boring losers.

But as I said, I forgive him.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I didn't know.

Here in France, everybody is smoking pot (but not me, I can't stand smoke). So frankly, there's nothing to laugh about. It's so... cliche... so predictable... :rolli:
Here, Cannabis is often associated with boring losers.

But as I said, I forgive him.

Blackmail, your forgiveness matters as much to me as the pile of dogshit I saw on the side of road as I left my house this morning, but I still love you, you pretentious Gaul prick.

I am not an attention seeking troll. I am bored and have a sense of humor that is different than your own, and if you don't like it, then to hell with you. :D

So let's get a cup of tea sometime, shall we? :hug:

-------------------------------

LadyX; you are a darling. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Let's have champagne sometime. :cheese: :wubbie:

-------------------------------

Now then, for my real favorite flower:

PURPLE CLEMATIS:

clematisandblackcicleyseeds.jpg

Beautiful, free, spontaneous, and wild, just like me.

;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know it's cliche, but I *love* deep red roses. So beautiful, elegant and so symbolic for many things...

red-rose.jpg

In second place I go for orchid. Original, sofisticated and serene..

orchid_image_Dtps_Sogo_Lit-Sunny_Bedford_Pinkie.jpg

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So let's get a cup of tea sometime, shall we? :hug:

I agree.

But you should know that while you're pumping iron, I'm a landscape architect. So somehow, "flowers" are a serious stuff for me. :hug:

Now then, for my real favorite flower:

PURPLE CLEMATIS:

Beautiful, free, spontaneous, and wild, just like me.

;)

Well, the Clematis you showed us is extremely artificial. There's nothing like that in the wild, you can search and search if you like. And furthermore, they are delicate, difficult flowers to cultivate (and very toxic too... So it's forbidden to grow them near a school).

"Beautiful", well, that's your taste...
But "Free", "Spontaneous" and "Wild"... Well... I have doubts.

Here is the real look of a wild Clematis (Here Clematis vitalba):

Clematis%20vitalba-bosrank1.jpg

The pale flowers are barely half an inch in diameter.

So you see, there have been a lot of "improvement" since Clematis have been introduced into cultivation.
They are pretty much as artificial as you probably are.
(But I prefer the real wild ones)

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
...Flowers are complex organs. Their colors and fragrances are here to attract attention, our attention. They are an hymn to life, a powerful symbol.

Actually, there are so many plants I'd like to show you. So many. Even a field of red poppies shares an intrinsic magic...

x2

...So let's get a cup of tea sometime, shall we? :hug:

You mean Camellia sinensis?:)

camsin.jpg

I know it's cliche, but I *love* deep red roses. So beautiful, elegant and so symbolic for many things...

Ms Blonde Belgium Beer, could you please tell Falcarius your address again, as he must have sent the rose to the wrong house last time?:newwink:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Torn. I used to wear these in my hair as a child.

hibiscus_Goree.preview.JPG

feg_hibiscus.jpg

And water lily and anthurium were around plenty:

beautiful_purple_water_lily.jpg

Water+Lilly+or+Nenufares.jpg

Anthurium%20bouquet.jpg

pink_anthurium_flower.jpg

But I have a soft spot for the simple tulip and some orchids.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Splendid. I'll look you up next time I am in France.

But you should know that while you're pumping iron, I'm a landscape architect. So somehow, "flowers" are a serious stuff for me. :hug:

What does that have to do with me or anyone else having a favorite flower and identifying it as such in this thread?

Well, the Clematis you showed us is extremely artificial. There's nothing like that in the wild, you can search and search if you like. And furthermore, they are delicate, difficult flowers to cultivate (and very toxic too... So it's forbidden to grow them near a school).

Oh my, the Clematis I am fond of are artifical, I am so terribly distraught by this and like them no more. Thank you for making me aware of this abomination. I will not sleep tonight.

Also, there is nothing in this thread that stated one's favorite flower had to be naturally occurring, so stop trying to run the world, OK, it's not your job, and it's not your thread.

"Beautiful", well, that's your taste...

Beautiful by the good intentions in my heart, helping those in need, and celebrating my love of life in all that I do, as my mother taught me.

But "Free", "Spontaneous" and "Wild"... Well... I have doubts.

Your doubts have destroyed my will to live. Please take them back. I am beside myself wallowing in grief and sorrow. :violin:

Here is the real look of a wild Clematis...): The pale flowers are barely half an inch in diameter.

OK, my life is more complete now that I know that.

So you see, there have been a lot of "improvement" since Clematis have been introduced into cultivation.

So cultivating organisms into forms different than their default natural state can result in improvements? So why did you piss and moan about the wild Clematis that I fancy? Maybe because you are an ignorant hypocrite?

They are pretty much as artificial as you probably are.

(But I prefer the real wild ones)

You know nothing about me, so calling me artifical is nothing more than you trying to denigrate me in order to compensate for your own feelings of inadequacy due to low self esteem and limited intellect.

Cultivated does not mean artifical, it can however mean cared for or improved, see below:

cultivated definition | Dictionary.com

cul⋅ti⋅vat⋅ed   /ˈkʌltəˌveɪtɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kuhl-tuh-vey-tid] Show IPA
–adjective
1. prepared and used for raising crops; tilled: cultivated land.
2. produced or improved by cultivation, as a plant.
3. educated; refined; cultured: cultivated tastes.

cultivated synonym | Thesaurus.com

Synonyms: civilized, educated, polished, refined, urbane, well-bred

--------

So then, we prefer different variants of Clematis, such is life. You say "tomato", I say "piss off."

:harhar:

sculpting

Damn you all this is my HAPPY FLOWER THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST BE HAPPYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay so once I lived in michigan and I was a typical enfp in that I let all the wild native plants and shrubs grow up in my flower beads and I planted lots of annuals and perinneals around them.

So one day the ex-husband was looking out the front window-three feet from the community sandbox I might add-and said "honey there is a giant pot plant in the flower bed" I told him that was some sort of native shrub not a pot plant, and wouldnt the neighbors have said something if it was a pot plant.

It was a pot plant-Four feet tall with little buds all over it. It was taller than my son. These were university family housing townhomes so on a daily basis 100s of folks walked past this thing and little children swarmed around the area. yeah, after dark I chunked it in the dumpster....

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla: Roses rule :D

Falcarius: I've never gotten flowers from a dino before :blush:

Ina: water lilies are definitely a good third for me, they're sooo beautiful and also quite rich in symbolism

I'll also add lily of the valley. That odour is to die for, and it's my grandmothers favorite flower. Her birthday also happens to be on the 1st of may so it's very much significant to me. Those little 'bells' are just too cute to resist :D

lily-of-the-valley.jpg

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'll also add lily of the valley. That odour is to die for,

Are you aware how true you possibly are?

Lilies of the valley (Convallaria majalis) are deadly. The whole plant is extremely toxic. Even the water where you let a blade rest contains enough glycosides to send a horse ad patres...

You should wash you hands after you touched it. And I'm not kidding! :huh:

If you want to get rid of your troublesome husband, it's a perfect recipe!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
looks so adorable, yet is lethal...gotto love it ;)

And yes, I was aware that it was toxic..wasn't aware of how toxic though :D

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I love daisies! When I was little, I used to pick a lot of daisies in de playyard behind our house and then I brought them inside and put them in a tiny little glass of water for my mom.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if I have a favourite. I love so many. But I'm addicted to irises.
Esp. black ones.

black-iris.jpg

So decadent!