• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seattle or San Francisco

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
If you had to choose between the two, where would you choose to live?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
How long have you lived there? Have you been to San Francisco?

juggernaut

Permabanned
How long have you lived there? Have you been to San Francisco?

I've been here...mmm..about five years (in the area for eight). I've been to SF several times, it's beautiful. Seattle is a little cheaper, the public transportation is great, there's a lot to do, and great opportunity for education/career advancement (we have the highest number of college graduates in the country Most-Educated Cities in the United States - MSN Encarta ).

It's also about as progressive as SF in terms of lifestyle. The big drawback is, of course, the one everyone knows about...the rain. I happen to like cool, rainy weather (thus my impending move to London) so it doesn't bother me. If you're not into rain, however, this is NOT the place to be. I'm very sad to be leaving actually, but London's calling.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I live right next to SF and I am planning to move to Seattle after I'm done with school.

maliafee

I've lived both places, and it's hard to choose...

...but San Francisco!

I love the Pacific Northwest, but it's hard to beat California. I love Northern California's environmental/climate diversity and San Francisco is a mighty enjoyable place to live!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love san fransisco.

i haven't been to seattle. i'm sure i'd love it too...but i still think i'd prefer san fransisco.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
went to both last year. liked san fransisco best, although here in montana, there are a lotta seattle lovers.

found san fransisco friendlier, more bike friendly (less freeway systems running through downtown), more progressive, more variety of things to do, and cheaper (if you can believe that!). seattle was expensive, a little presumptuous (to me), and didn't live up to all the hype, imo.

plus i hear san fran is going completely wi-fi? that would be cool.........

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If you had to choose between the two, where would you choose to live?

Seattle. Many artists are up there. Many computer people are up there. Many computer/gaming people hire the artists. Plus it's closer to temperate rainforests... And...it's not California. So, hurray?

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
San Fran. Seattle/Washington State is too much like home (BC) to me and therefore wouldn't be as interesting.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I guess I'd probably just choose to die. Screw cities, and especially West Coast cities.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I had the choice, and I chose San Francisco. Lived there for 7 awesome years. Wish I was still there, to be honest.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Never been to either of them...but Seattle seems perfect. Weather? Meh...rain is fine. I kinda think I'd like it more due to the surrounding forest land et all.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Seattle. From what I gather its a lot like San Francisco but without the California governing body.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Well, I like cool mild weather, and rain and clouds don't really bother me, so either is easily in my top 5 places in the U.S. I'd pick. Seattle wins by a hair, as I'm sort of a northwest guy at heart, but I was in SF a couple of weeks ago and really liked that area too (although it's really expensive - even more so than Seattle).