• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seattle or San Francisco

juggernaut

Permabanned
Doesn't work like that, at least not for an NP like me. There were things I appreciated and didn't like about each. I probably felt most at home in Seattle and then Portland. SF is still growing on me.

I think even if you lived on the beach in Hawaii, at some point you'd ge sick of it.

Yes you would! I lived on Oahu for six miserable years. I would rather live in the slums of any major city now. There are few things more awful than being stuck on a rock in the middle of the ocean (I actually lived where they filmed Gilligan's Island for most of the time I was there).

I haven't gotten even mildly tired of Seattle though. :(

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Seattle, hands down.

I like the climate better, the culture, the landscape, the people. I like the Native American Maritime Culture in Seattle, too.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Seattle, hands down.

I like the climate better, the culture, the landscape, the people. I like the Native American Maritime Culture in Seattle, too.
I'm with you on the landscape and I like being near snow, but I'm not too fond of the rain. I don't mind overcast, but I'm like a cat and water. If I'm not supposed to be wet, I don't want to be wet. lol. I can't comment on the people of Seattle, I haven't been there.

Native American Maritime Culture - :nice:. Def cool.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm with you on the landscape and I like being near snow, but I'm not too fond of the rain. I don't mind overcast, but I'm like a cat and water. If I'm not supposed to be wet, I don't want to be wet. lol. I can't comment on the people of Seattle, I haven't been there.

Native American Maritime Culture - :nice:. Def cool.

I know we're talking about San Fransisco and Seattle, but Seattle actually has less rainy days per year than New York.

Seattle has the highest ratio of college graduates in the US. We're also extremely passive aggressive.
The garbage man threw my milk carton on the lawn for not putting it in the recycling this week.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Oh, Seattle. Absolutely. :D

You get all that northern west coast beauty without piles of snow or wilting heat. You'd live close to Forks, which is just absolutely breathtaking. And Seattle culture just can't be beaten in the coolness dept.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Not reading the posts cuz there's no need to...

SEATTLE!!!!!

Then you can hang with me when I go up there. :D

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think I'm just going to have to take a trip to Seattle when I visit the Bay Area sometime next year.

What are you going there for, stellar renegade?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I'm moving there. Can't stay away for long.

I never intended to be able to call any particular place my home (adventurer at heart) but I feel that I could do that with Seattle (while still travelling the world, of course).