• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alligators and other friends in Florida [Geoff's Pictures]

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Finally got my Florida pictures sorted from the holiday in January.

Criticism, encouragement, comments all welcome :)

Firstly, a rather hungry looking Alligator sauntering suspiciously through the Everglades.

3297630123_4d9942b6a9_b.jpg

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Secondly a Sanderling running on the beach at Sanibel Island

3297756503_9c89e6c239_b.jpg

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Geoff, Florida is such a beautiful place. I visit there once every year, have family down there, and plan on going to the University of Florida.

Nice pictures, they're really really great, especially the sunrise!

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lovely pics, Geoff. :)

I'd really like to be on the beach in that last pic right about now..havin' a drink, kickin back and gazing at the stars, or somethin'. How were the temperatures there at night?

How close were you to that 'gator?

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I love the reflection on the calm water in the gator picture. Very nice. :)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Very nice, Geoff. Thanks for sharing.

I love to watch the sanderlings scurrying on the beach. Something humorous about them. And the 'gator looks like he has indigestion!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great photos!

It goes without saying that I love the sanderling one.

The gator is very cool too!

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
That alligator picture is amazing- really they all are. You take really great pictures! They look like National Geographic quality!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Geoff, Florida is such a beautiful place. I visit there once every year, have family down there, and plan on going to the University of Florida.

Nice pictures, they're really really great, especially the sunrise!

Thank you, that's very kind. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Lovely pics, Geoff. :)

I'd really like to be on the beach in that last pic right about now..havin' a drink, kickin back and gazing at the stars, or somethin'. How were the temperatures there at night?

How close were you to that 'gator?

It was cold at nights.. certainly cold enough that that sunrise picture was way too cool to be pleasant.

I was about 12 feet from that 'gator. Not as close as I was to this one though...! :devil:

3297770517_5e76f7328a_b.jpg

Yes.. that was a totally wild 'gator.

I love the reflection on the calm water in the gator picture. Very nice. :)

Thank you, I love twisted reflections which is whY I kept it.

Very nice, Geoff. Thanks for sharing.

I love to watch the sanderlings scurrying on the beach. Something humorous about them. And the 'gator looks like he has indigestion!

Perhaps he ate an Englishman earlier and didn't have room for another one!

Great photos!

It goes without saying that I love the sanderling one.

The gator is very cool too!

Thank you, do have another bird.. how about a Green Heron, fishing.

3297567603_83167df69d_b.jpg

Wow, those are great, especially the first one. Top notch.

Thank you :)

That alligator picture is amazing- really they all are. You take really great pictures! They look like National Geographic quality!

I wish that were my job, but I expect it might get boring if it was full time?

3298107216_ab20227f36_b.jpg

Here's the edge of St Augustine Fort, with a rather cool sky. In a National Geographic style for you.

As always, feedback appreciated.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Here's a Wood Stork to add to the collection. Weird vulture related kind of thing.

3298492564_fba43099aa_b.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yay more pictures from geoff, I've always enjoyed your photos. I'm not much for one to look at other's peoples picture, I'm like ok, ok, ok, that's nice, yes, oh that sucks that person is dead. but yours I like looking at. Oh and I do like the alligator, ever been to New Orleans and to their aquarium? they have an albino alligator their so cool.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Another good one.

You know, I noticed some commented on the excellence of the pictures' quality. That was something that didn't occur to me until it was mentioned.

You do have skill at capturing light.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
yay more pictures from geoff, I've always enjoyed your photos. I'm not much for one to look at other's peoples picture, I'm like ok, ok, ok, that's nice, yes, oh that sucks that person is dead. but yours I like looking at. Oh and I do like the alligator, ever been to New Orleans and to their aquarium? they have an albino alligator their so cool.

Wow, an albino alligator? Heh.. I've seen an albino lobster and that was odd enough!

Thanks, by the way.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Gorgeous photos. However, Florida has just lost 1 potential tourist.

*is afraid of toothy reptiles*

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Gorgeous photos. However, Florida has just lost 1 potential tourist.

*is afraid of toothy reptiles*

Awwww. Don't worry they like people!*

*raw, preferably diced as they find it difficult to swallow them whole.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
It's my small, innocent dogs I'm worried about. Any alligators even thinking about eating my dogs gets torn to shreds. With my bare hands. Yeah.

EDIT: Ahhh, I just realized - are these the photos of an English tourist in Florida? What is it with the English and Florida? Seriously?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
It's my small, innocent dogs I'm worried about. Any alligators even thinking about eating my dogs gets torn to shreds. With my bare hands. Yeah.

EDIT: Ahhh, I just realized - are these the photos of an English tourist in Florida? What is it with the English and Florida? Seriously?

Well yes, the Blog title is a clue. First time ever in Florida (and I've been to most of the rest of North America, and more than most North Americans), and I didnt do anything Mickey Mousey!

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What blog title? Where? Have you forgotten I'm an idiot? Explanayshins needid.

When I am living in the UK it seems that a disproportionate amount of people I meet have plans to go to Florida. I'm genuinely curious about why this is. Why Florida? Canadians seem to want to go to New Zealand, which also makes little sense to me, because NZ just seems like Canada-South to me, in many ways.