• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sauerbraten

O

Oberon

Has anyone here ever made genuine old-world-style marinated sauerbraten?

I'd be interested in learning about the process, and making some.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I love Sauerbraten, when I was a child my grandmother cooked it ocassionally and I was always looking forward to it.

In Germany you can buy it already marinated so that you just have to heat it, if that option is not available though then the above recipe seems a good starting point (never made it myself from scratch).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My German fetish requires that I like everything or most things German (not a fan of Braunschweiger, though). I love bratwurst, sauerkraut, wiener schnitzel, and yes, sauerbraten!

Did I mention I also have a dachshund?

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
My German fetish requires that I like everything or most things German (not a fan of Braunschweiger, though). I love bratwurst, sauerkraut, wiener schnitzel, and yes, sauerbraten!

Did I mention I also have a dachshund?

You would've almost been on topic if you'd only posted a recipe for turning your dachshund into schnitzel.

Alas.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They wouldn't eat hundschnitzel. It's not kosher.

I wouldn't eat hundschnitzel -- that's what Germany's Korean immigrants eat. Dogs are man's best friend -- they shouldn't be eaten.

What about German Jews?

Well, Natalie Portman is and always has been quite a looker! (Not sure if she's of German descent, though.) Others ring a bell, like Scarlett Johannson. I also like the films of Steven Spielberg and Stanley Kubrick!

In the end, though, I'm not a racist...I hate everyone the same.

Last edited: