• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

post your grocery list

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
First of all, you are not sorry. Second of all, you should see what Americans fill their shopping carts with. It's fucking disgusting.

It's toilet paper. I dunno about you, but we use that here.
There is no "packed meat," unless you count bacon as such. Bacon can be eaten just fine in moderation. There is certainly worse bacon out there than this particular type.
Of course, eating no packaged foods would be ideal, but these are not just run-of-the-mill packaged foods. They are all organic and/or contain whole ingredients and are void of preservatives (except maybe the bacon). The canned food is organic tomatoes that I will use for soups, chili, etc. The crackers are made of nuts/rice flour and so are a suitable snack if I am in a hurry and gentle on the digestive system. Usually I have these with hummus or smoked salmon. The "chips" are actually dehydrated sweet potatoes for snacks for my kids. Again, no preservatives. The margherita pizza is made with quality ingredients and is a better choice than some alternatives when I do not have time to make dinner from scratch. It's also vegetarian. The packages in the foreground are frozen burritos made with whole ingredients so that I can avoid eating out at work if I don't have leftovers to bring. There is also free trade, organic freshly ground coffee, and organic applesauce that I purchased for my daughter's school snacks that she is required to bring, as opposed to sending some shitty snack bar that is loaded with crap or gummy bears. The other box is tea. None of this stuff came from standard food aisles, they were all specialty/health, and yes I read labels as I am well aware that shit food is also in the "health food" aisles.

I'm a low-income busy single mom. I am doing quite well considering. Judge someone else and also get your facts straight before doing so. You also apparently neglected to read that usually my cart is full of fresh organic fruits and veggies and meat from the butcher counter.

You are right, I am not really sorry. For me that was a figure of speech.
But I really didn't have intention to hit the nerve. :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You are right, I am not really sorry. For me that was a figure of speech.
But I really didn't have intention to hit the nerve. :)

I mean the post give me wired vibe so I reacted. I mean if this isn't your usual chart then why post it as an example.
Sorry. (this one is genuine)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I mean the post give me wired vibe so I reacted. I mean if this isn't your usual chart then why post it as an example.
Sorry. (this one is genuine)

Most people in America can't eat solely straight from the garden every meal. I stand firmly in the position that the groceries I buy are top notch, particularly for someone with my budget. This wasn't my entire week's purchases, just some pantry stuff I bought that day. I honestly see nothing wrong with anything I purchased and would consider anyone who says otherwise hoity-toity.

Furthermore, I don't see why you are so hung up on this. Moving on.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Most people in America can't eat solely straight from the garden every meal. I stand firmly in the position that the groceries I buy are top notch, particularly for someone with my budget. This wasn't my entire week's purchases, just some pantry stuff I bought that day. I honestly see nothing wrong with anything I purchased and would consider anyone who says otherwise hoity-toity.

Furthermore, I don't see why you are so hung up on this. Moving on.

Because I am sick and don't think straight, so I simply racted at what I found to be "illogical" at the moment. Even if your position makes perfect sense under all the circumstances.
I am moving on.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Broccoli
Baby spinach
White mushrooms
Baby corn
Onions
Fresh ginger
Cherry tomatoes
Honeycrisp apples

Lentils
Black beans
Chickpeas
Quinoa
Tahini
Canned diced tomatoes in juice
Better Than Bouillon no chicken base
Tofu
Almond milk
Jalapeño or salt and pepper potato chips (my favorite)

Laundry detergent
Toothpaste

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
decided to also make vodka sauce this week so i'm going to the store twice cuz i decided after i did the week's shopping
-shallots
-28oz can whole tomatoes
-heavy cream
-parmasean

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chicken breast
Brussel sprouts
Apples
Pears
Artichokes
Salmon
Pain greek yogurt
Blueberries
Kiefer
Yerba Mate
Strawberries
Spagetti squash

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
First of all, you are not sorry. Second of all, you should see what Americans fill their shopping carts with. It's fucking disgusting.

It's toilet paper. I dunno about you, but we use that here.
There is no "packed meat," unless you count bacon as such. Bacon can be eaten just fine in moderation. There is certainly worse bacon out there than this particular type.
Of course, eating no packaged foods would be ideal, but these are not just run-of-the-mill packaged foods. They are all organic and/or contain whole ingredients and are void of preservatives (except maybe the bacon). The canned food is organic tomatoes that I will use for soups, chili, etc. The crackers are made of nuts/rice flour and so are a suitable snack if I am in a hurry and gentle on the digestive system. Usually I have these with hummus or smoked salmon. The "chips" are actually dehydrated sweet potatoes for snacks for my kids. Again, no preservatives. The margherita pizza is made with quality ingredients and is a better choice than some alternatives when I do not have time to make dinner from scratch. It's also vegetarian. The packages in the foreground are frozen burritos made with whole ingredients so that I can avoid eating out at work if I don't have leftovers to bring. There is also free trade, organic freshly ground coffee, and organic applesauce that I purchased for my daughter's school snacks that she is required to bring, as opposed to sending some shitty snack bar that is loaded with crap or gummy bears. The other box is tea. None of this stuff came from standard food aisles, they were all specialty/health, and yes I read labels as I am well aware that shit food is also in the "health food" aisles.

I'm a low-income busy single mom. I am doing quite well considering. Judge someone else and also get your facts straight before doing so. You also apparently neglected to read that usually my cart is full of fresh organic fruits and veggies and meat from the butcher counter.

So true. But I think you are doing fine, especially your fruits and vegetables.

I have to go to Trader Joe's. I need new rosemary and thyme plants. I also need some baby carrots, diced veggie bowl and cheese.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I need to pick up the following:

chicken
pesto
bagel thins
caffeine
granola bars
fruit (probably raspberries, watermelon, blackberries and blueberries... they've all been on sale lately)
chicken sausages
coffee creamer

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just got a ton of food this evening. Most will hold me over for a month (some stuff longer), with the exception of picking up more fresh produce later in March.

- unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 gallon - $2.50
- coffee, a month+ worth - $4.99
- stevia packets, 40pkts - $1.50
- red pepper hummus, 16 oz - $3.49
- Dannon Light n’ Fit vanilla fat-free Greek yogurt, 32oz (2) - $3.89
- eggs, 1 dozen - $1.89
- turkey bacon - $1.29
- whole wheat tortillas, 10pk (2) - $1.69
- oatmeal - $2
- green tea - $2
- shredded nonfat cheddar, 16oz - $2.19
- whole chicken breasts, 2pk (4packs each, 8 chicken breasts total) - $3.39, $3.22, $2.64, $3.02
- boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, approx 1lb per pkg (3 pkgs) - $2.67, $2.83, $2.74
- fresh kale, 1 bunch - $1.79
- fresh spinach, 16oz - $1.99
- vine ripe tomatoes, 4pk - $2.44
- black grapes, 1.5lb - $3.59
- frozen blueberries, 48oz - $4.29
- Kemp’s frozen yogurt, dark chocolate almond, 1.5 qt - $2.99
- bag of fresh green peppers, 6 - $2.48
- fresh ginger root - $.99
- huge bag of frozen broccoli - $1.89
- 3lb bag of sweet potatoes - $2.99
- frozen salmon fillets, 10pk - $8.49
- 24pk bottled water, 2 cases -2/$5
- King Arthur white whole wheat flour, 5lb bag - $3.99
- McCormick Cajun seasoning blend (for the chicken & salmon) - $2.19

Total cost: $98.63

No way in hell would I be able to get any of this healthy food if Trump’s proposal to replace SNAP benefits with his garbage “American Harvest Box” of canned & highly processed, over-sugared/salted ‘food’ is approved. I am beyond grateful for the assistance I have, & do my best to make good choices with it.

I’m even under-budget (not always possible, but there were a lot of good sales I waited for). Cut the monthly allotment a bit instead if need be, but don’t restrict my access to fresh meat/fresh produce/whole grains, & replace it with canned peaches in corn syrup, powdered milk, Corn Flakes cereal & Spam like it’s doing me a favor. :dry:

Metis

Just got a ton of food this evening. Most will hold me over for a month (some stuff longer), with the exception of picking up more fresh produce later in March.

- unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 gallon - $2.50
- coffee, a month+ worth - $4.99
- stevia packets, 40pkts - $1.50
- red pepper hummus, 16 oz - $3.49
- Dannon Light n’ Fit vanilla fat-free Greek yogurt, 32oz (2) - $3.89
- eggs, 1 dozen - $1.89
- turkey bacon - $1.29
- whole wheat tortillas, 10pk (2) - $1.69
- oatmeal - $2
- green tea - $2
- shredded nonfat cheddar, 16oz - $2.19
- whole chicken breasts, 2pk (4packs each, 8 chicken breasts total) - $3.39, $3.22, $2.64, $3.02
- boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, approx 1lb per pkg (3 pkgs) - $2.67, $2.83, $2.74
- fresh kale, 1 bunch - $1.79
- fresh spinach, 16oz - $1.99
- vine ripe tomatoes, 4pk - $2.44
- black grapes, 1.5lb - $3.59
- frozen blueberries, 48oz - $4.29
- Kemp’s frozen yogurt, dark chocolate almond, 1.5 qt - $2.99
- bag of fresh green peppers, 6 - $2.48
- fresh ginger root - $.99
- huge bag of frozen broccoli - $1.89
- 3lb bag of sweet potatoes - $2.99
- frozen salmon fillets, 10pk - $8.49
- 24pk bottled water, 2 cases -2/$5
- King Arthur white whole wheat flour, 5lb bag - $3.99
- McCormick Cajun seasoning blend - $2.19

Total cost: $98.63

Tl;dr.

Wait, that list looks great, actually, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION].

I'm hungry. Let's go, Metis.

Eggs
Vegetables
Some form of meat

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my mom's in town and she's doing the shopping tomorrow so it's more detailed than usual. also gonna make sopa seca and cream of celery soup (which i have all the stuff for the soup already)
-vermicelli
-ancho chili powder/dried ancho chilis
-oregano
-chickpeas
-spinach
-tomatoes
-monterey jack
-yogurt
-eggs
-creamer
-queso fresco
-cilantro
-biscuits
-decaf tea
-kiwi strawberry juice
-vegetables
-salad
-gelato
-bbq kettle chips

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
watermelon
sugar snap peas
broccoli
parmesan
olives
salad dressing (low fat caesar)
50/50 salad mix (field greens with baby spinach)
3 steaks (filet)
stoplight peppers
yogurt
a lot of raspberries because raspberries are awesome

also got some flowers (yellow chrysanthemums), eyelid primer and nail polish (essie trophy wife)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
-creamer
-juice
-v8 splash (strawberry banana)
-Parmesan
-cheeze its
-plum tomatoes (16)
-basil
-milk
-yogurt