• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ecuador Wildlife - Installment 2

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And this is the first part of the Amazonia Ecuador. And this'll be it for today! (*PHEW*)

Just doing thumbnails of the images this time, and you can click to see larger image if you want.

Pied Plovers

Great Potoo

Limpkin (also found in U.S.)

Hoatzin

Thought this was beautiful...

Black-necked Red Cotinga:wubbie:

Yellow-tufted Woodpecker

Black-capped Donacobius

Smooth-billed Ani

Golden-mantle Tamarin

Laughing Falcon

White-throated Toucan

Blue-gray Tanagers

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Love the pics.
I'm so jealous.

The laughing falcon is my favourite.

I always thought toucans were just fictional characters.
Next you'll be telling me that tigers are real too.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Love the pics.
I'm so jealous.

The laughing falcon is my favourite.

I always thought toucans were just fictional characters.
Next you'll be telling me that tigers are real too.

The laughing falcon was really cool to see. Beautiful bird.

Toucans..ha. Very cool to see them in real life, though. We even had a wonderful experience in watching their behavior in action. A white-throated flew into a tree in the canopy one afternoon, then proceeded to steal an egg out of an Oropendula nest, then was going for a second nest when a Roadside Hawk flew in, whereupon it flew away. So the second nest was saved by a Roadside Hawk! The whole time my friend and I were in the jungle, we felt as if we were in a giant zoo exhibit or bird/plant conservatory. But *it was real*. :wubbie: