• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strange Food Combinations

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
We all have them or have tried them! I'm curious to know...what is something that you have mixed together and absolutely love but someone else thinks is completely disgusting? Or maybe you've been called weird because of it?

I've put mayo in my chicken ramen...

Green olives dipped into Cool Whip...

Ranch and french fries [though I've seen a lot of people do this- my friends think it's odd- well..some of them]

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nothing particular, but I tend to mix appetizers, entrees, main courses and desserts all together. I have no problem with taking one bit of pizza, when the next one is chocolate mousse and then go back to the pizza

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Nothing particular, but I tend to mix appetizers, entrees, main courses and desserts all together. I have no problem with taking one bit of pizza, when the next one is chocolate mousse and then go back to the pizza

:D
I've been known to do things like that as well, particularly if we're at a buffet of some sort.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
When I was really young, I would eat pickle and mayo sandwiches.. with those being the only ingredients. I now think that's sort of gross, but Hey.

My grandmother eats ketchup in ramen. I eat condiments on EVERTHING.

It's not exactly a weird combination, but my habits tend to be weird as to how I eat things. If I'm eating mexican food and they bring multiple kinds of salsa, I will break the chips apart and dip each side into a different sauce and eat them piled on top of each other.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Hm, lately I was being quite uh...nice. I just mixed Fanta with Choco-Syrup.

Earlier I used to put the oddest Things together. Everything odd mixed. Hehe.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Garlic onion mustard pickle on rye. I love those.

I used to eat a lot of strange things, but unfortunately I stopped that when I started dating again a long while back (heh, garlic onion mustard pickle on rye is not a date-able type of meal :D ). Problem is, I love strong flavors.

Chili oil on fruit? Salt on chocolate? Pretty good stuff (I'm ignoring the normal ones like salt on watermelon/starfruit, of course.)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Ketchup on Mashed Potatoes I guess. Not that out there, but people still /boggle when I do it.

Sriracha on everything, of course.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
One of my co-workers/supervisors will eat half a slice of cheese folded over a hamburger dill pickle... o_O I like them on burgers, but alone it seems strange to me lol

Caramel apple dip on soft pretzels. :)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn

I do that too - need one flavour to neutralise another as it were.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Peanut Butter & Honey? MMmm.

Mm..that sounds pretty good, actually :yes:

Taco 'burger'- instead of a tortilla, I use a hamburger bun. Haven't done it in a long while, but it's pretty tasty :D

I've topped plain cereal like Cheerios or Cornflakes with strawberry-banana Jello-O powder [I still love it :D]

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
We all have them or have tried them! I'm curious to know...what is something that you have mixed together and absolutely love but someone else thinks is completely disgusting? Or maybe you've been called weird because of it?

Green olives dipped into Cool Whip...

Hard to beat that one, but I've heard of a dish of bananas and endive that sounds so odd I've never had the nerve to try it.

I've eaten pasta with tuna, raisins and pine nuts (old Roman dish) that was OK.

Orizien

MBTI Type
INTJ
Peanut butter and pickle sandwich, but it has to be those sweet pickle chips. It's actually much better than it sounds.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if anyone has said this, but, chocolate covered raisins and movie popcorn. Yum-eh. x) :cheese:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My mom likes a dill pickle with a brownie.

A friend who lived in Thailand for a few years developed a liking for mangoes with hot peppers.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Pumpkin milkshake

Avocado ( ripe chunks ), ground cooked carrots, in my spaghetti sauce, spiced with Sage, Celery salt, and garlic.

New Orleans Cajun spiced Guatamalan ( very tender ) Broccoli, with a touch of chipotle sauce and a touch of Sesame oil, served up with sliced chicken breast or fish.

Tangerine juice mixed with a little grapefruit and sweetener.

Rhubarb ( soft and cooked ) and real Vanilla milkshake.

Sea scallops sauteed with extremely fine Basil, and braised sweet peppers and asparagus.

Making pesto with nuts other than Pine nuts.

Pizza with chopped hard boiled egg, chopped hearts of palm and diced chicken, and greens as toppings.

Shaping cooked pasta and using it to make sculptures that harden.

I remember reading about a dish ( which, unlike these others listed here, I haven't tried yet ) that consisted of a squid that was poached in its own ink.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Pumpkin milkshake

Avocado ( ripe chunks ), ground cooked carrots, in my spaghetti sauce, spiced with Sage, Celery salt, and garlic.

New Orleans Cajun spiced Guatamalan ( very tender ) Broccoli, with a touch of chipotle sauce and a touch of Sesame oil, served up with sliced chicken breast or fish.

Tangerine juice mixed with a little grapefruit and sweetener.

Rhubarb ( soft and cooked ) and real Vanilla milkshake.

Sea scallops sauteed with extremely fine Basil, and braised sweet peppers and asparagus.

Making pesto with nuts other than Pine nuts.

Pizza with chopped hard boiled egg, chopped hearts of palm and diced chicken, and greens as toppings.

Shaping cooked pasta and using it to make sculptures that harden.

I remember reading about a dish ( which, unlike these others listed here, I haven't tried yet ) that consisted of a squid that was poached in its own ink.

:shock:

Some of those I'd be willing to try...

I'll pass on the squid, though o.o;

THEANO

MBTI Type
ENFP
Peanut butter and pickle sandwich, but it has to be those sweet pickle chips. It's actually much better than it sounds.

LOOOOOOOVE those. Plus peanut butter, jam and sliced cheese sandwiches. I wouldn't recommend blue cheese, but cheddar works well

Soft boiled egg with grainy sweet german mustard