User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's ur fav Takeaway meal?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burgers

0 0%
  • Pizza

3 23.08%
  • Chinese

1 7.69%
  • Sushi

1 7.69%
  • Fish and Chips

0 0%
  • Fried Chicken

0 0%
  • Indian

3 23.08%
  • Korean

0 0%
  • Thai

1 7.69%
  • Tapas

0 0%
  • Tacos

1 7.69%
  • Burritos

1 7.69%
  • Pasta

1 7.69%
  • Kebab

1 7.69%
  • Malaysian

0 0%
12 Last

Default What's ur fav Takeaway meal?

Added Burgers to the Poll.

LL"s Atom Bomb Baby Saturnal Snowqueen's Avatar
    MBTI
    FEVL
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

In the home of Fish and Chips, I'm surprised that Fish and Chips wasn't the top pick. I was expecting Indian at least over Chinese. All options are tasty to me, but my favorite would have to be either burritos or Chinese which is what my country got. I love sour cream and guacamole and cheese and hot sauce and shredded meats. Chinese, I like pretty much everything on a typical menu but I especially love dumplings and any spicy noodle dishes. Fish and chips I don't really associate with takeout since we don't have many real fish and chip places here, but I do like fair fries with salt and vinegar which makes me think of what they have in the UK. I wonder what Chinese food is like in other countries? Of course what we get is Americanized Chinese food that isn't all that authentic unless you're going someplace upscale, but I'm wondering in what places in becomes more authentic and what places it becomes really off kilter.

On another note, I wish more Chinese restaurants or really any foreign restaurants had breakfast. It'd be fun to go to a Japanese restaurant in the morning and have soup and grilled fish and egg with rice and natto. Or omurice, or congee on the topic of Chinese restaurants. Indian, Middle Eastern, Greek, show us your breakfasts.
    ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ "the sparkles are just dandruff"⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

ⁿᵒʷ ᵖˡᵃʸᶦⁿᵍ
    ılı.lıllılı.ıllı

Likes klimaxoxox, Falcarius liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnal Snowqueen View Post
    In the home of Fish and Chips, I'm surprised that Fish and Chips wasn't the top pick. I was expecting Indian at least over Chinese. All options are tasty to me, but my favorite would have to be either burritos or Chinese which is what my country got. I love sour cream and guacamole and cheese and hot sauce and shredded meats. Chinese, I like pretty much everything on a typical menu but I especially love dumplings and any spicy noodle dishes. Fish and chips I don't really associate with takeout since we don't have many real fish and chip places here, but I do like fair fries with salt and vinegar which makes me think of what they have in the UK. I wonder what Chinese food is like in other countries? Of course what we get is Americanized Chinese food that isn't all that authentic unless you're going someplace upscale, but I'm wondering in what places in becomes more authentic and what places it becomes really off kilter.

On another note, I wish more Chinese restaurants or really any foreign restaurants had breakfast. It'd be fun to go to a Japanese restaurant in the morning and have soup and grilled fish and egg with rice and natto. Or omurice, or congee on the topic of Chinese restaurants. Indian, Middle Eastern, Greek, show us your breakfasts.
    Hey there Fellow Dragon
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

The number one take away in our country is Kentucky Fried Chicken, I once heard that the main branch here is the highest revenue maker for all KFC lol.. but for me Indian and Chinese . We have a couple of Chinese restaurants but one that is the best of the best ( have yet to have Chinese food that was better!) and an Indian restaurant that is on par with Indian I have had in London.
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen, klimaxoxox liked this post

I dont think the USA's is fish and chips.
    Likes klimaxoxox liked this post

phallus impudicus Peter Deadpan's Avatar

I don't understand those of you that can pick just one. I have like five that I cycle through based on what I'm feeling at the time.

I guess if I was forced to pick just one for the rest of my life, it would probably be Thai. Endless bubble tea. Pho-k you.
    Likes klimaxoxox, Saturnal Snowqueen liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I'm not a big fan of American/westernized Chinese food, so if I want Chinese I don't think I would say it's my favorite takeaway meal.

For takeaway, I think pasta might be my favorite, because I think Italian fine dining is grossly overpriced. I can basically get the same thing for so much cheaper at a random Italian restaurant in Brooklyn lol.

Other than that, Popeyes is possibly my favorite fast food restaurant. So maybe fried chicken is also a contender for favorite takeaway meal. I like getting the 3 pc spicy tender combo with mardi gras mustard or sweet heat sauce. Usually my choice of side is a variation between cajun fries, mashed potatoes, green beans, and coleslaw.
    2w3 - 7w6 - 9w1 so/sx

Likes klimaxoxox, Saturnal Snowqueen liked this post

LL"s Atom Bomb Baby Saturnal Snowqueen's Avatar
    MBTI
    FEVL
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by klimaxoxox View Post
    Hey there Fellow Dragon
    "You asked me what my sign is
    And I told you it was stop
    And if I had a dime for every name that you just dropped
    You'd be here
    And I'd be on a yacht
    Oh!"
    ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ "the sparkles are just dandruff"⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

ⁿᵒʷ ᵖˡᵃʸᶦⁿᵍ
    ılı.lıllılı.ıllı

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    468 so/sp

In USA it would vary a LOT more than every place being lumped into one. Chinese is more popular in cities, due to convenience. But in other places, street food is way more accessible. I get Chinese when I am lazy, but otherwise I am all for Kabob, yakisoba, and Mexican tacos on food trucks.
    一期一会
    "Evil preaches tolerance until it is the dominant force, then it tries to silence good, and allow for no disagreement."

All meals are take away meals. How else does one keep other predators or scavengers from trying to run off with it?
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    He is the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    He is the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is his cousin, and he speaks her language;
    but he is more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remembers that which she hath forgotten...

Likes klimaxoxox, FemMecha liked this post