• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

cocktail appreciation thread

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'll start, my birthday drink this year is a strawberry basil smash i'll link the syrup recipe but i modified the drink recipe slightly

Strawberry Gin Basil Smash - Parsnips and Pastries

but for the drink

2oz strawberry basil syrup
3oz vodka or gin
2oz lime juice

mix well over ice

top with club soda stir to combine

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been making Tequila Sunrises lately. They are so good. The way the grenadine and orange juice mix together at the bottom is incredible.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've really been into pitcher cocktail recipes vs single drinks for awhile.

Mojito (add strawberries)
Sangria (Xmas or winter sangria with white wine instead of red)
Prosecco punch (there are a gazillion ways to make this - watermelon, raspberry lime, pineapple, cranberry, pomegranate...)
Ginger beer, bourbon and raspberries

I don't mean you need to drink a pitcher of boozy fruity cocktails but a nice carafe with some seared chicken and pan sauce, a little rice with scallion and roasted green beans is pretty good end to your day.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll start, my birthday drink this year is a strawberry basil smash i'll link the syrup recipe but i modified the drink recipe slightly

Strawberry Gin Basil Smash - Parsnips and Pastries

but for the drink

2oz strawberry basil syrup
3oz vodka or gin
2oz lime juice

mix well over ice

top with club soda stir to combine
Strawberry basil smash and regular basil smash are two of my favorite gin drinks. Another favorite is Gordon's Cup, which is gin and simple syrup with muddled lime wedges and slices of cucumber, topped with salt and pepper. Very nice and fresh.

Salt is generally underused as a drink ingredient, I highly recommend making a saline solution of two parts salt, one part water, and mixing a drop of it with your cocktail. It enhances and balances flavors and in most cases makes for a much nicer drink.

Another one I like is like a rum version of a White Russian, which is dark rum, coffee syrup and cream. Don't know if it has a name, but it's super simple, rich, and lovely.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've really been into pitcher cocktail recipes vs single drinks for awhile.

Mojito (add strawberries)
Sangria (Xmas or winter sangria with white wine instead of red)
Prosecco punch (there are a gazillion ways to make this - watermelon, raspberry lime, pineapple, cranberry, pomegranate...)
Ginger beer, bourbon and raspberries

I don't mean you need to drink a pitcher of boozy fruity cocktails but a nice carafe with some seared chicken and pan sauce, a little rice with scallion and roasted green beans is pretty good end to your day.

I recommend making a pitcher of hot buttered rum for cold Northern evenings. It's delicious, if caloric. One caveat: it is extremely important to use unsalted butter, or else it tastes like seawater.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recommend making a pitcher of hot buttered rum for cold Northern evenings. It's delicious, if caloric. One caveat: it is extremely important to use unsalted butter, or else it tastes like seawater.
As a Northener, I thank you for this tip. It sounds delicious and I will make it tomorrow.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Oh it's delicious, I agree.

I meant to put this up here earlier....

Christmas Punch - Dinner at the Zoo

I made this last year for Xmas and several times since. It's good with champagne but even better with $6 prosecco you can get at Costco. I use the Cran-Raspberry juice and add some pomegranate arils.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
beautiful-male-rooster-tail-arrangement-stock-photograph_csp17180395.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
chocolate cake martini
2 oz whipped vodka
1.5oz amaretto
1 oz chocolate liqeur
2oz half and half

put everything in a shaker full of ice and shake strain into martini glasses and enjoy