• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

vegetarian/vegan crock pot meals

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so my mom's staying with me in november and it's advent which means she'll fast from meat and i thought maybe others would also like recipes that fit this description.

I go to vanderbilt once a month and usually it's all day so we do a crock pot meal for dinner, last time we did creamy lemon chicken, and did rice, and brocoli as sides. but that's not veg

I know my last thread didn't get much traction, but maybe this one will? IDK anyways if you have any recipes that fit this description. Oh I have an instapot so pressure cooker meals also are allowed in this thread.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is helpful, thanks [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]! :D

We’re in the middle of celebrating Navratri (during which time we don’t eat any meat, onions, garlic or eggs). It would be nice to see more vegetarian/vegan dishes in general too, even without this religious restriction. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
This is helpful, thanks [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]! :D

We’re in the middle of celebrating Navratri (during which time we don’t eat any meat, onions, garlic or eggs). It would be nice to see more vegetarian/vegan dishes in general too, even without this religious restriction. :)

curious! what religion?

yeah the official fasting requirments for advent are no meat,eggs,dairy,fish,alcohol,olive oil .but allowed is olives and shellfish

my mom just gives up meat

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
curious! what religion?

yeah the official fasting requirments for advent are no meat,eggs,dairy,fish,alcohol,olive oil .but allowed is olives and shellfish

my mom just gives up meat

Hinduism :D

Also that’s cool :) I find it interesting how religious restrictions like that can be universal.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

Also that’s cool :) I find it interesting how religious restrictions like that can be universal.

definetly! I don't fast because I don't practice but you're suppose to give up all food and drink the midnight before eucharist which is every sunday and liturgy is an hour and a half long and eucharist is towards the end of the service so you're starving and easter is worse cuz that's 3 hours long

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I follow a couple Jain Dharma cooks on You Tube and everything I have made is delicious. I'm not a vegan, I just limit meat consumption and buy locally sourced (as in I know the farm and the people that run it) eggs and dairy. I think most religions are very similar in most ways, especially feasts and fasting particulars. After all, most religions came from previous beliefs so this is not surprising.