• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If Money was no object, where's best place to live in Cali and why?

If Money was no object, where's best place to live in Cali and why?

• NorCal SoMa San Fran

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • SoCal Hollywood LA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SoCal Newport Beach OC

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about San Diego?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
LA looks like a fun place to visit, but I'm not sure if I'd want to live there. No wildfires and 106 degree weather for me. I'm voting San Francisco; cool, comfy weather all year long. The cable cars look like a fun ride, and I've always wanted to go restaurant hopping in one of the Chinatowns.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hands down Northern California. Lots of options but personally I'm a fan of the towns in Marin (Mill Valley, Sausilito, Tiburon, etc.)

Jaguar

It's not about the money, it's about the price per sqft. It's annoying. I've been looking at homes in Carmel and a house that would easily sell for 1.3 million anywhere else is selling for 4.3 million. Ridiculous.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't live there, even if I had the money. But if I was forced to, NorCal hands down. A lot of California cities are FILTHY shitholes, literally. Its dead culturally as well.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't live there, even if I had the money. But if I was forced to, NorCal hands down. A lot of California cities are FILTHY shitholes, literally. Its dead culturally as well.

But I don't think that's a fair description of San Francicso, Marin or the Bay area in general - or Sonoma (e.g. Santa Rosa) or Napa.... They are all beautiful places with tons of stuff to do.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But I don't think that's a fair description of San Francicso, Marin or the Bay area in general - or Sonoma (e.g. Santa Rosa) or Napa.... They are all beautiful places with tons of stuff to do.

If you mean nature where people do not live, yes those can be very beautiful. Which is why I said Norcal, for the nature. I don't consider "Things to do" lioe clubbing or restaurants a selling point for me. Littering really pisses me off too, and the more people in an area. The more litter and filth. I also really really hate Californian culture of the south.

Do you know where Californians go on vacation to? They go to places where I used to live, like Coeur d' Alene Idaho.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you mean nature where people do not live, yes those can be very beautiful. Which is why I said Norcal, for the nature. I don't consider "Things to do" lioe clubbing or restaurants a selling point for me. Littering really pisses me off too, and the more people in an area. The more litter and filth. I also really really hate Californian culture of the south.

Do you know where Californians go on vacation to? They go to places where I used to live, like Coeur d' Alene Idaho.

I have never spent much time in Southern California but I did live in the Bay Area for nearly a year once and it was a wonderful experience. I was in an apartment complex in Alameda with a beach across the street.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have never spent much time in Southern California but I did live in the Bay Area for nearly a year once and it was a wonderful experience. I was in an apartment complex in Alameda with a beach across the street.

One of my friends used to live in Morrow Bay, but came to roommate with me in Ohio for more jobs opportunities. (Like starting a buisness). He has told me lots of stories about his adventures there. The cost of living must be insane. (I entirely blame Silicon Valley and hollywood btw) I am sure at some point, it was at the height of the American dream with rich culture and people look back on it nostalgicly. I can relate to that. It must hurt to see it decay, but admitting it has a problem is the first step to fixing it. Yet no one wants to try, as Californias are fleeing to other states like New Mexico, Arizona and Texas. I've met more anti-californians from california than I have californian loyals. In almost 5 different states.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its dead culturally as well.

We're probably defining culture differently, but that's very much not so. There are tons of wonderful museums in LA and San Diego.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're probably defining culture differently, but that's very much not so. There are tons of wonderful museums in LA and San Diego.

Yeah true. For example I don't consider museums state exclusive. State culture should be exclusive to that state (museums can move too). For example, California is suppose to be a place for daring film artists and actors. That's how Hollywood came to be etc. But over time it became exclusionary and elitist. Lots of gatekeeping (see the #metoo movement for an example). Hollywood is a perfect example of the cultural decay that I am referencing. It's become corpratized, sterile mockeries of culture from a bygone era. Now you need money to throw away, and lots of connections to get anything daring made anymore. That is if you do not get black listed for violating some stupid rule. PC culture destroyed Hollywood, and that resulted in the death of artistic expression, while the husk of Hollywood has a monopoly on entertainment.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The people who think CA is culturally dead have never been there and know nothing about it.

I spent time in Southern Cal (my parents lived there) and northern Cal but I loved Lake Tahoe. Maybe because I'm use to living on or very near a large freshwater lake and I would miss winter but I found the place wonderful and would visit anytime.

But if money was no object...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/18-Lighthouse-Shores-Dr-South-Lake-Tahoe-CA-96150/18572076_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2085-Pooewin-St-South-Lake-Tahoe-CA-96150/83904011_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/391-Fallen-Leaf-Rd-South-Lake-Tahoe-CA-96150/18570611_zpid/

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If money is no object: [URL="https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1665-Euston-Rd-San-Marino-CA-91108/20701441_zpid/"]https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1665-Euston-Rd-San-Marino-CA-91108/20701441_zpid/[/URL]
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/73-Via-Del-Cielo-Rancho-Palos-Verdes-CA-90275/54949437_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/520-Vaquero-Rd-Arcadia-CA-91007/20889504_zpid/
(the location is key for all of these, near favorite places)
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2604-5th-Ave-FLOOR-9-San-Diego-CA-92103/2079469795_zpid/ 16.5 million seems affluent to me lol

Ummm... this one! :wubbie: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/406-Maple-St-San-Diego-CA-92103/2116844389_zpid/
ISznsldzesls4i0000000000.webp

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION]

I love the condo and the modern house

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I live in SoCal. You don't want to live inside a city like Los Angeles because of all the homeless people and graffiti vandals but you want to live near one. Pick any large city and you'll find nice suburbs that are 15 to 25 miles away - for example, Pasadena or La Canada Flintridge. You get the benefits of the city without actually having to dodge piles of shit on the sidewalk or being accosted by panhandlers.

The problem with places like Hollywood is the traffic and lack of parking spaces; all the nice, big homes are hidden away on long, narrow roads and you can literally drive 20 minutes and not get anywhere. I prefer places that have plenty of shopping and restaurants within a short driving distance. Now, if you don't plan on ever leaving the house, then Hollywood would work great for you.

Billionaires

One of my friends used to live in Morrow Bay, but came to roommate with me in Ohio for more jobs opportunities. (Like starting a buisness). He has told me lots of stories about his adventures there. The cost of living must be insane. (I entirely blame Silicon Valley and hollywood btw) I am sure at some point, it was at the height of the American dream with rich culture and people look back on it nostalgicly. I can relate to that. It must hurt to see it decay, but admitting it has a problem is the first step to fixing it. Yet no one wants to try, as Californias are fleeing to other states like New Mexico, Arizona and Texas. I've met more anti-californians from california than I have californian loyals. In almost 5 different states.

"For 7th Year in a Row, More People Left California Than Moved in: Data"
For 7th Year in a Row, More People Left California Than Moved in: Data – NBC Bay Area

Why r they leaving coz of Money matters?